headerimg

We have a love-hate relationship

in General Discussion Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:00 am
by chenyan94 • Farseer | 293 Posts | 2930 Points

with the Jacksonville Jaguars because http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-niles-paul-jersey , well, they feel like family. And today, they’re celebrating their 25th birthday.It’s wild to think this team has been around for 25 years now.Our question to you today — where were you exactly 25 years ago today?Ryan Day (@ryaneatscake)Let’s see — I had just celebrated my eighth birthday. I was in the second grade, Mrs. Foster’s Class at Fishweir Elementary. It was a school night so I was pretty pumped to get a football team but I wasn’t old enough to really savor it. I’m not 100 percent sure but I think I stayed the night at my Nana’s house and didn’t see my parents until the next morning because they were celebrating at The Landing. If that’s not true, it’s the new reality. Sorry, Mom.Jon Kurland (@BCBCouch)I was getting ready to move down with my family to Jacksonville from New York. My father was already living in Jax at the time and called and told me that, “Somehow this hillbilly town got the team!” I fell in love with the Jaguars from that day on.Ryan O’Bleness (@ryanobleness)Well, I was three years old, so I was likely playing outside, building with blocks or coloring or something. I obviously have no recollection of this day as it happened, but little did I know at the time how significant it would be for me in the future. It was about six years later when I really got into NFL football and discovered the Jacksonville Jaguars. I’ve been a fan ever since then, and that will never change. While November 30, 1993 may not have meant much to me at the time http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-keelan-cole-jersey , I can now reflect back and be thankful that the city of Jacksonville won its long shot bid to get an NFL franchise, and has maintained that team -- despite all of the relocation rumors — ever since. I love y’all in Jacksonville, and as infuriating as this team can be, I am always standing with you. Brian Fullford (@iambwf)I do not remember where I was, but I do remember thinking there is no way in hell this city gets a franchise, banking on Baltimore being the winner. What I do remember if the feeling, realizing that Jacksonville would no longer be a pit stop on the way to Orlando, and the overwhelming happiness throughout the city.Filip Prus (@JaxonFil)When my family and I immigrated to the United States from Poland, I was two years old. They didn’t know a word of English, so I grew up speaking Polish until I went to elementary school in Wallington, New Jersey. When I first went to kindergarten, I met my first friend, Justin Bednarczyk Womens Marcell Dareus Jersey , and I used to go over his house and play the old Madden 97 on Sega Genesis. He was a Dallas Cowboys fan, and I used to always pick the Jaguars to play against him because he told me they were a “new team” and I liked the colors. On the weekends, whenever the Jaguars were on television, I would watch the games and learn the players. In a strange twist of irony, the Jaguars helped me learn the English language, and now I use the English language to lament how poor they are playing. Let us know what you were up to on November 30, 1993 in the comments below! RoomNFL DraftJaguars Injury NewsLatest NewsFree agent quarterbacks are a bad investment, historicallyNew,264commentsESTShareTweetShareShareFree agent quarterbacks are a bad investment, historicallyRobert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sportsin the market for Foles, was willing to pay to get the signal caller.If you listen to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, it sounds like it’s going to be more than $20 million per season on average.Hopefully for the Jaguars that’s just a bit of banter by Foles’ agent in hopes to squeeze out a little bit more money from the Jaguars prior to the deal being finalized, else it would seem like the Jaguars outbid themselves considering the likes of Peter King reported they’re basically the only team interested.Taking the swing at Foles is understandable for a team with arguably the NFL’s best defense who was a breath away from the Super Bowl two years ago Josh Lambo Jersey , but it’s also worrisome taking the swing if you consider the history of how NFL free agent quarterbacks have fared.Success list is slimThe list of successful quarterbacks signed in free agency since the 2000 NFL season are Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. That’s it.I went back to the 2000 NFL offseason and took a look at each quarterback who was signed to a multi-year deal, meaning I didn’t count obvious one-year starter deals, and their overall record with the team that signed them and the results are... not great!Free Agent Starting Quarterbacks Since 2000As I mentioned before, unless a good quarterback who has a big injury concern like Drew Brees or a future hall famer hits the market, it ends up being a losing proposition. The main reason for that is teams do not let good quarterbacks hit the open market. Generally someone will trade for them or they’ll simply just keep them. It’s very rare that an actual good quarterback hits the open market and generally when they do it’s because they’re right in that range of good enough to be a full time starter but not good enough to commit to full time, like Kirk Cousins. Even the Brett Favre signing for the Vikings had them barely over .500 and he was just 1-1 in the playoffs. There is no denying that Nick Foles is the best of the free agent crop of quarterbacks, even the ones who could be available via a trade, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to work out or that he will replicate his success in Philadelphia.It will be interesting to see what else the Jaguars will do on the offensive side of the football now that it seems Foles is in the fold, because just simply inserting Nick Foles isn’t going to fix their issues.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..