headerimg

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey may not be practicing

in General Discussion Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:31 am
by chenyan94 • Farseer | 293 Posts | 2930 Points

or playing for his current team this week http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-andrew-norwell-jersey , but he has fulfilled his obligation to Uninterrupted’s podcast on SiriusXM and Pandora.Ramsey made it clear during this week’s episode that he still wants out of Jacksonville.“[M]y trade request still stands,” Ramsey said. “For me respect is a huge thing. I kind of touched on it a little bit last week in last week’s podcast but once respect is lost for both parties I think it is time to part ways. I’m going to continue being a top corner in this league for years to come. The money will come, but money isn’t everything. Peace and happiness means a lot more than the money.”Ramsey also responded to speculation that he was faking an illness on Monday to avoid showing up for work in a workplace he’d like to leave for good. (The clips distributed by SiriusXM include no reference to his back injury that caused him to miss practice on Wednesday, or coach Doug Marrone’s non-straight-face reaction to questions on these topics.)“Was truly sick,” he said. “Had the flu, was throwing up. Threw up at least four times, had the sh-ts Womens Abry Jones Jersey , had to go to the doctor, had to get IVs, had to take all type of medicine and eat chicken noodle soup, do all the remedies that I could do. So that wasn’t fake as people may think. I don’t know, people can get a mixed view or a screwed view on the players or the organization or whoever during tough times like this. That’s why I’ve tried to keep it all positive even in my press conferences, on this podcast try to keep it all positive and just give a little insight. And so I’m going to keep it that way. Just because people are thinking this or that, they can think what they want to think and be miserable on their own time. I’m gonna keep it all positive Lerentee McCray Jersey , man. It’s only positive vibes and positive energy all 2019.”Except for, you know, demanding a trade during the 2019 season.The Jaguars continue to be unwilling to trade Ramsey, and his options until the team changes its position are simple: Play for the Jaguars or play for no one. Joe Flacco is going to have a new home in 2019.After their Wild Card loss on Saturday afternoon, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the 33-year-old will "have a great market" this..."Joe Flacco is going to have a new home in 2019.After their Wild Card loss on Saturday afternoon, Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said the 33-year-old will “have a great market” this offseason and that Lamar Jackson is the quarterback of the future for this franchise.It makes sense — Flacco was benched by a 4-5 Ravens team that went on a hot streak in the second half of the season when Jackson came in. Baltimore (inexplicably) finished 10-6 largely because of Jackson’s legs. He’ll need to improve his passing game if this team wants to win in the postseason, but Jackson is an incredibly gifted athlete who won six of his first seven starts http://www.thejaguarslockerroom.com/authentic-keelan-cole-jersey , the only loss coming in overtime against a Super Bowl contender in the Kansas City Chiefs.Unlike Nick Foles who I didn’t mind coming to Jacksonville (until I saw the Philadelphia Eagles would be demanding draft picks for him) I would mind Flacco coming on board. His cost is too high and his talent is too low for a team that desperately needs to clear money off the books. The CostAny free agent quarterback is going to be expensive with Flacco likely demanding a salary that is way above his current level of play — he earned $24,750,000 this year alone and a multi-year deal will likely average him around that much.I mean, if Sam Bradford can get a one-year, $15 million deal and Blake Bortles can get a 3-year, $54 million deal last year, imagine what some front office is going to pay for a quarterback who won a Super Bowl.Like I said Corey Grant Jersey , Jacksonville desperately needs to clear its books to sign guys like Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue, and Myles Jack. You don’t mortgage the future of multiple Pro Bowl caliber players on defense for what would be a one-year window at best.The SurroundingsLike Bortles, Flacco had a similarly poor offense around him in Baltimore last season. The run game — led by undrafted free agent running back Gus Edwards — really started to pick up when Lamar came in to shoulder some of the production. But with Flacco in at quarterback, the run game topped 100 yards total just five times in nine games and saw a high of 123 yards.Okay, with a guy like Flacco, your offensive production relies on passing the ball Womens Calais Campbell Jersey , right? With Flacco, the Ravens averaged more than 42 attempts per game last year. But with all those passes he averaged just 6.5 yards per attempt — good for 31st in the league and even below Bortles.Well, maybe the average per pass attempt is so low because Flacco’s game is accuracy. Nope. He completed just 61.2 percent of his passes, good for 29th in the league and just barely higher than Bortles completing 60.3 percent of his passes.So the plan is to bring Flacco to an offense with less talented receivers and running backs and have him throw the ball a ton, thereby being less efficient than the guy who was benched for Cody Kessler?SummaryIf you wanted to pay Foles before his price tag started to include Day 1 draft picks, fine. It’s too much money but he’d be enough of an improvement over Bortles to notice a difference.But Flacco? Just draft a guy.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 9 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..