headerimg

our players understand how close we are and o

in Balance Discussion Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:42 am
by elaine95 • Farseer | 399 Posts | 3990 Points

If the Bengals and Dolphins followed the NFL’s rules regarding the hiring of head coaches Vincent Rey Jersey White , they most likely wouldn’t have hired head coaches on Monday. Because they wouldn’t have had time to negotiate contracts and finalize arrangements.“No contract shall be executed, and no agreement to execute a contract . . . shall be permitted until after the conclusion of the employer club’s playing season,” the league’s anti-tampering policy states. This means that there can be no offer nor acceptance of terms before an assistant coach’s season has ended. Which means that, for guys like Zac Taylor and Brian Flores, a whole lot of things would have had to happen after Sunday night to put the wheels in motion for what happened Monday.The reality is that teams routinely ignore the rules, winking and nodding and otherwise doing a deal without officially doing a deal Alex Erickson Jersey White , allowing for the coach or the team (in theory or, as happened a year ago, in practice) to pull the plug before pen is put to paper.The NFL decided not to change the rule in the aftermath of last year’s Josh McDaniels debacle. The fact that two more teams wandered to the wrong side of it this year make an official change to the rule even more necessary.There’s no good reason to keep the current procedure in place, if teams aren’t going to follow it — and if the league isn’t going to do anything about it. The Browns lost to the Ravens 31-15, 12 weeks after beating Baltimore. They are seven games behind the Ravens in the AFC North standings, assured of third place in the division Andrew Billings Jersey White , have their 12th consecutive losing season and 17th in a row without the postseason.The Browns, the preseason betting favorite in the division, will finish both disappointed and a disappointment. Yet, Freddie Kitchens has a rosy outlook about the Browns’ future.“Everybody in this building is pulling toward the same direction, and we’re close in a lot of areas now,’’ Kitchens said during his Monday press conference Jeff Driskel Jersey White , via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com. “We’re really close. Sometimes that gets lost in the shuffle, but we know how close we are, our players understand how close we are and our players understand how they can do better and coaches understand how they can do better.“Whenever we get those things flipped, it will change. Everybody in this building has been nothing but total support.’’The question is whether Kitchens will get more than one season to get the job done. He said he is not concerned about his future.“I’m focused on doing my job right now, and I think that’s where they want my focus,’’ Kitchens said. “I have not gotten anything but total support from those guys. They want me doing my job Womens John Ross Jersey , and that’s what I am trying to do on an everyday basis.”Kitchens said he doesn’t care about the speculation concerning his job status. His sole focus is on beating the 1-14 Bengals.“I got assurance when I got hired,’’ Kitchens said. “I have not and won’t [ask for reassurance]. It’s just I’m doing my job today, and I will continue to do the best job I can possibly do.”

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..