headerimg

Michael Gallup Jersey White

in Off-topic discussion Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:19 am
by linchao • Farseer | 342 Posts | 3420 Points

Dallas seems to be in great shape heading into the draft."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Dallas Cowboys NewsDallas Cowboys GeneralThe DeMarcus Lawrence extension caps off a phenomenal offseason for the CowboysNew Womens Ezekiel Elliott Jersey ,161commentsDallas seems to be in great shape heading into the draft.CDTShareTweetShareShareThe DeMarcus Lawrence extension caps off a phenomenal offseason for the CowboysBrad Penner-USA TODAY SportsRemember the first week of free agency when the sky was falling in Dallas? Landon Collins signed a big contract in Washington, Earl Thomas was said to be out of the Cowboys’ price range, and DeMarcus Lawrence was waiting until he signed a long-term deal to get surgery. Oh, how things can change in a month. On Friday the Cowboys finalized a deal with their “war daddy” pass rusher that paid him big money and brought a clear resolution to any potential uncertainty about his status going into the season. Lawrence, who’s been one of the NFL’s best edge rushers in the last two years, is not only an impact player on the field but a vocal leader in the locker room. He became one of the driving forces behind the defense’s breakout 2018 campaign. Locking him up, and clearing some additional cap space in the process, was a huge deal for Dallas. But it was merely the cherry on top of what’s been an offseason full of great moves for the Cowboys. They went into free agency expecting to lose Cole Beasley, and that happened when the slot receiver signed a lucrative deal in Buffalo. Stephen Jones had been talking up Allen Hurns’ potential in the slot, and Cedrick Wilson Jr. also had turned some heads before a training camp injury last year. But Dallas didn’t just settle for that. They went out and signed Randall Cobb to a very inexpensive one-year deal. While Cobb is on the decline at this point in his career, he’s still a very talented receiver who can excel out of the slot. Some even argued that he was an upgrade over Beasley. And just for good measure, Dallas extended Tavon Austin, too. Even if he doesn’t end up contributing too much in the slot game, his potential as a return man is high. The Cowboys also lost Damien Wilson to the Chiefs, but they retained Justin March-Lillard, who offers some special teams help Michael Gallup Jersey , and more importantly they restructured Sean Lee’s contract. He now slots in as the third linebacker behind the young duo of Jaylon Smith and Leighton Vander Esch. Joe Thomas and Chris Covington are also on the depth chart at linebacker, minimizing the impact of Wilson’s departure. And the third player Dallas lost was Geoff Swaim, who signed with the Jaguars. While Swaim was good in his shortened 2018 campaign, the Cowboys seem to like what they saw from Dalton Schultz and Blake Jarwin in the last half of the season. Oh, and Jason Witten is back. Sure, he won’t be playing every snap like he used to, but he can still contribute to the team. The Cowboys also retained a few other players, most notably their swing tackle Cameron Fleming. With Tyron Smith’s recent injury history and some uncertainty around La’el Collins’ place here, the two-year deal Fleming signed covered both of those bases at a low cost. At that point, the Cowboys could have just called it a day and worked on Tank’s deal and it would have been fine. But they took it a step further by adding some bargains that could pay big dividends. Christian Covington should fit in nicely as a 1-technique defensive tackle and create a potent rotation with Antwaun Woods, and Kerry Hyder has good pass rushing potential as both a defensive end and 3-technique defensive tackle. George Iloka is a safety with really sure tackling skills who can thrive in the box and, at 6’4” and 225 pounds with 34.5” arms, he’s practically Kris Richard’s dream. While the Cowboys are likely to still take a safety early in the draft, Iloka’s presence doesn’t put Dallas in a situation where they have to take one early. He’ll probably see a lot of work on early downs, especially in the first couple months of the season. Then Dallas traded for Robert Quinn in a deal that saw them acquire the talented pass rusher for only a sixth-round pick in 2020. Dallas restructured his contract to where they’re on the hook for $8 million for one year. After all of this movement, the Cowboys really only have one big need and that’s backup running back. There are still some options in free agency Womens Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , and a lot of options in the draft. They could also stand to upgrade their two defensive tackle spots and, as previously mentioned, the safety spot. It wouldn’t be a surprise to see the Cowboys take a wide receiver, tight end, linebacker, or cornerback either as they try to plan for the future. Of course, planning for the future is something they can now afford to do, as Dallas has acquired enough talent to put a great product on the field tomorrow. And they still have six draft picks to use, which will be guided by the well-trusted draft board of Will McClay. We’ll find out how that goes later this month. But for now, fans should be pretty stoked about everything Stephen and Jerry have done so far. The roster has been considerably improved, at least on paper, and they can afford to simply take a best-player-available approach in the draft. That it all culminated with working out a deal with Lawrence instead of letting it last into training camp is the icing on the cake. The Rams won Sunday. The Patriots won Sunday. Tony Romo won Sunday.The former Cowboys quarterback turned CBS analyst continues to trend on Twitter for his performance calling the AFC Championship Game. Everyone took notice of his ability to predict plays before they happened, even MLB free agent Bryce Harper.“Confirmed: Just called Tony Romo to see where I鈥檓 going to play next year. #YoureAWizardTony,” Harper wrote.Romo was a very good NFL quarterback in his 13 seasons. He is a Hall of Fame broadcaster already, the best in the business in his second season in his second career.In 13 days, Romo makes his Super Bowl debut when he will have an even bigger audience hanging on his every prediction.On Sunday Michael Gallup Jersey White , Romo’s prescience included Tom Brady‘s pass to Rob Gronkowski for a 25-yard gain with 42 seconds remaining. He told Richard Deitsch of The Athletic that his analysis begins with protection of the quarterback.“I don鈥檛 pretend to have all the answers,” Romo told Deitsch. “I do think in some ways I have studied the game for 20 years and, at my core, I have tried to improve and get better at football. I think that has really helped me do this job, where I just know a lot of stuff that I have thought about over the years. It gives you a history. If you study a new language, you are just better at it 20 years later than you are year one. So I have a lot of things to draw back on that have happened within games, or that I have thought about after a game that we should have done better. It is fun for me to get beneath football.“As far as the broadcasting aspect of it, I think at the core it is nothing more than my ability to get you the viewer to care about this play, this game, and why is this important. Why is this really special with this coach schematically? Why did this quarterback protect this play? It鈥檚 like, can I get you to care about my story of my buddy who was drinking the other night? Do you care about the story I am about to tell? You are trying to get people to care about things.”Cowboys fan have called for their favorite team to hire Romo for Dallas’ offensive coordinator vacancy since last week when the Cowboys fired Scott Linehan. Romo wasn’t asked about his interest in going into coaching, but he told Deitsch that he fielded two offers in the offseason and another earlier this season to return as a quarterback.“I envision probably doing this a long time,” Romo said of his current job.That’s good because he’s even better at what he does now than what he did previously. Fans of the other NFC East teams even would agree with that.

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..