headerimg

Jeff Heuerman Color Rush Jersey

in Off-topic discussion Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:19 am
by linchao • Farseer | 342 Posts | 3420 Points

The Broncos are already “on to 2019” as it were https://www.broncosfanstore.com/Shelby-Harris-Jersey , complete with a new head coach and the usual buzz of interest surrounding coordinators and position coaches that follows hard on the heels of every head coach hire. And while the coaches and front office are busy, the players are anything but. Their offseason has begun and their time is their own.That’s not the case just yet for half a dozen of their former teammates, though. With eight teams remaining in the playoffs, six former Broncos will take the field at least once more this NFL season. Interestingly, half of them are offensive linemen. Russell Okung and Michael Schofield will be in New England this weekend with the Chargers, and James Ferentz will be on the other sideline with the Patriots. Throw in former longtime Broncos tight end Virgil Green, and the Chargers @ Patriots matchup is relatively heavy with former Broncos.Those four are also the only remaining Broncos in play in the AFC. The Colts @ Chiefs matchup won’t feature any of our former players. And even in the wildcard round the only additional Broncos involved were Demaryius Thomas and Kayvon Webster, though both are on Injured Reserve and didn’t take part in the Texans’ loss to the Colts.In the NFC, no old Broncos are playing in the Eagles @ Saints game, but two will take the field when the Cowboys visit the Rams in Los Angeles. Running back C.J. Anderson will play a role on offense for the Rams, even if just as a backup, and Aqib Talib will feature in the Rams’ secondary after coming back from an injury that landed him on Injured Reserve early in the season. Only one former Bronco was eliminated last weekend when his team lost a wildcard matchup: linebacker Danny Trevathan of the Bears.These guys won’t be out there in orange & blue this weekend, but it’s nice to keep track of players we used to root for. And, who knows, at least one of these guys may finish his season with some additional hardware to go with that Super Bowl 50 ring (Russell Okung being the exception there as the only former Bronco in the playoffs who wasn’t part of the 2015 team.).Good luck to them.Horse TracksNFL coaching grades 2019: How each team’s new hire ratesHere’s what Steelers owner Art Rooney is saying about Antonio Brown’s futureThe pros and cons of the Bengals potentially making Zac Taylor their next head coachMelvin Ingram is one Chargers player the Patriots cannot afford to ignore, just ask the RavensThe NFL’s draft eligibility rule makes sense, but Trevor Lawrence should be a rare exceptionInjuries: Chiefs preparing for Colts without Eric BerryCards interviewing McAdoo Bradley Roby Color Rush Jersey , Vance Joseph for staffBroncos’ Vic Fangio: ‘Von Miller can play even better’Nick Foles or Carson Wentz? Eagles face big offseason decisionNFL Divisional Round: X-factor for each remaining playoff teamThe Top 10 Selling Jerseys of 20182019 NFL draft nuggets for all 32 teams: What you need to knowNFL rookie QB progress reports: What 2018 picks have shown so far ATLANTA (AP) — In the past decade, four defensive backs from the modern era have made the Pro Football Hall of Fame.On Saturday, five of them are up for consideration.Cornerback Champ Bailey and safety Ed Reed are in their first year of eligibility. Cornerback Ty Law and safeties John Lynch and Steve Atwater each have been this route before and fallen short.There are 26 defensive backs in the Canton shrine, not a particularly high number; 26 quarterbacks are in the hall, and only one of them is on the field at a time — OK, the Saints sometimes go with two. Most defenses have at least four DBs out there at a time, and more often these days there are five or six.So the relative shortage of coverage guys and bone-shattering tacklers from the secondary could get addressed this year.“Man, just a playmaker,” Ravens general manager Eric DeCosta says of Reed, who was a five-time All-Pro, won a Super Bowl for the 2012 season, made the All-Decade team of the 2000s, and was the 2004 Defensive Player of the Year.“Ed just always had a great knack for making a critical play in a critical situation. He was a finisher. He was a guy that when the lights were on, he was going to make the play.”DeCosta recalls a game against Washington:“I’ll never forget that night game when he blocked the punt, recovered the fumble and basically, singlehandedly, won that game for us. He just had a flare for making the best play of the game.”Reed’s fellow newcomer to the process Von Miller Jersey , Bailey, starred for the Redskins for five seasons, then for another 10 with Denver. A three-time All-Pro who also made the 2000s All-Decade squad, he had 52 interceptions and was a lockdown cornerback for most of his career. Bailey also played some offense and returned punts.“I just loved to play. That’s why I did so much,” he says. “I love to do it, it wasn’t because I was good at it. A lot of guys are good at it, but they hate putting in the work. That’s what I love to do.“When I went to college, it was the same thing. When I got to NFL, I wanted to do everything. I did as much as I could, as long as I could, and as long as they allowed me. Then once I got a little older, I got a little smarter and realized that I shouldn’t be doing all of this stuff. But it’s football and I miss the game.”Lynch was the bulwark of the Tampa 2 defense for the Buccaneers and then the Broncos, winning a Super Bowl with Tampa Bay. Law also won rings, getting three with New England, and had 53 interceptions. Atwater, as fierce a hitter as the safety position has seen, won two Super Bowls with the Broncos.There is a definite Denver flavor to this year’s class Jeff Heuerman Color Rush Jersey , with team owner Pat Bowlen on the ballot as a contributor. The other contributors’ category nominee is long-time Cowboys and league executive Gil Brandt, and the senior candidate is former Chiefs safety Johnny Robinson. They are considered separately from the modern-era guys.Along with DB, the offensive line is loaded with contenders, featuring center Kevin Mawae, tackles Steve Hutchinson and Tony Boselli, and guard Alan Faneca. All have been finalists before. Mawae, Faneca and Hutchinson also made the All-Decade team of the 2000s, Boselli was voted to the 1990s squad.The other first-year eligible player in the mix is Tony Gonzalez, who holds most of the NFL’s career records for tight ends.Wide receiver Issac Bruce, running back Edgerrin James, defensive lineman Richard Seymour and coaches Don Coryell and Tom Flores are the other finalists.A maximum of five modern-era candidates can make it, and a maximum of eight overall.Inductions will be on Aug. 3.FOX Fantasy AutoForm a Racing Team, Compete for PrizesPlay Now!

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..