headerimg

New York Islanders forward John Tavares, who suffered a partially torn MCL in his left knee during the Sochi Olympics, will not

in Balance Discussion Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

New York Islanders forward John Tavares, who suffered a partially torn MCL in his left knee during the Sochi Olympics, will not require surgery. Sean Davis Steelers Jersey . Speaking to members of the media on Tuesday for the first time since returning home from the Winter Games, Tavares said he will need eight to 12 weeks to fully recover. Tavares sustained the injury during Canadas quarterfinal game against Latvia when he was hit by defenceman Artus Kulda. Despite being injured in an Olympic contest, the 23-year-old said he has no regrets about playing for Canada and would make the same decision again. "I think its important for us to play," Tavares said. "I love playing for my country and if I got the call again, I would." The former first overall pick of the Islanders said he also understood general manager Garth Snows anger at the IIHF and IOC after his injury because Snow cares solely about his team. "You understand why teams are concerned about injuries. I know he cares a lot about the Islanders and so do I." Prior to the Olympic break, Tavares was third in the NHL in points, tied for the Islanders lead in goals and leading the team in assists. Mason Rudolph Steelers Jersey . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. Sean Davis Jersey . That assertion is getting harder and harder to make, especially given the way 23-year-old Danilo Gallinari has been playing this season. http://www.steelersauthoritystore.com/Authentic-Terrell-Edmunds-Steelers-Jersey/ . -- The Windsor Spitfires were left with just one goaltender Tuesday after having their starter walk out on them midway through Game 3 of their Ontario Hockey League playoff matchup with the London Knights.Atlanta, GA (SportsNetwork.com) - Paul Millsap scored 14 of his 18 points in the first half and the Atlanta Hawks led by as many as 44 in a 105-75 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Saturday night. Mike Scott had 14 points, Dennis Schroder scored 12 and the two bench players led a 20-0 run that helped give the Hawks a 64-28 lead at halftime. Atlanta improved to 2-1 on a four-game homestand with its 12th win in the last 14 games against Charlotte. Elton Brand, who scored nine points off the bench, said its fun playing in a blowout because theres no pressure. Atlantas reserves, led by Scott and Schroder, scored 52 points in the game. At some point in the season were going to be needed, Brand said. So to get preparation, in-game experiences, its great for us. The Hornets have dropped nine in a row, their longest losing streak since a 10-game slide from Feb. 20-March 9, 2013. P.J. Hairston had 15 points off the bench in the loss and Gerald Henderson scored 14. Henderson said its not easier to blow off a lopsided loss than it is a close one. No, bbecause this should be the time when we are at our hungriest, he said. Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey. We didnt play very hungry tonight. The Hawks 20-0 run spanned the first and second quarter and gave them a 41-17 lead. The bench got most of the points, with Scott scoring seven and Schroder knocking down a pair of 3-pointers, including one to punctuate the run. The Hawks shot 61 percent in the first half for their big lead -- including almost 77 percent in the second quarter, when they missed just four of their 17 shots. Charlotte shot under 26 percent in the half and made just four of its 20 shots in the second quarter. The lead reached 44 points less than four minutes into the third quarter and was never smaller than 27 after that. Game Notes The Hornets are 1-11 since beating the Hawks 122-119 in overtime on Nov. 7 for their second straight win ... The Hawks finish their homestand on Tuesday against Boston ... The Hornets are off until Wednesday, when they play Chicago to start a three-game homestand. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..