headerimg

s scheduled to return on Friday night

in Replays - 1v1 Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:51 am
by zxlbxj1 • Farseer | 487 Posts | 4870 Points

TORONTO -- Chris Pronger has traded his orange-and-black jersey for an orange-and-white tie. As he sat in the theatre at the Hockey Hall of Fame on Tuesday morning for the Gatorade High Performance Hockey Summit, the former Philadelphia Flyers captain knows his playing days are long behind him. Concussion symptoms stemming from a stick to the eye in October 2011 ended his career less than a month later. By November 2015, he could be back at the Hall of Fame as an inductee, even though hes still under contract with the Flyers through the 2016-17 season. It would be surreal, but the 39-year-old hasnt thought much about that or other things that couldve been. "Thats a what if," Pronger said in an interview with The Canadian Press. "It would be a tremendous honour, but I dont sit around and think about it, pine over it. If it was to happen, great. But I certainly dont put any effort into concocting a long story about it." A Hart and Norris Trophy winner and one of the most imposing defencemen of his era, Pronger is considered a lock to make the Hall of Fame one day. Whether thats in 2015 will be up to the selection committee. "To quote HHOFs by-laws: A candidate for election in the player category must have concluded his or her career as an active player for a minimum of three playing seasons before his or her election," Hockey Hall of Fame president and CEO Jeff Denomme wrote in an email. "As such, any player who concluded his or her career as an active player during or after the 2011-12 season will be eligible in 2015. Questions pertaining to eligible candidates for the 2015 election proceedings will be confirmed at HHOFs Board of Directors meeting in November." Pronger, who took a stick to the eye from then-Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski on Oct. 24, is living in St. Louis now and working as a scout with the Flyers. The effects from that injury assured that Nov. 19, 2011 at Winnipeg would go down as his final NHL game, and some symptoms have still not gone away. "I have them from time to time," Pronger said. "But Im doing pretty well. For the most part, Im pleased with the progress. Every once in a while you take a step backwards, but things have been progressing." Pronger was one of just two players to represent Canada at the first four Olympics with NHL players, along with goaltender Martin Brodeur. Any chance of his making Team Canada in 2014 was ended more than two years ago, but its not out of the realm of possibility to think a healthy Pronger could have made it to Sochi even at his age. "Whos to say? Theres a lot of what ifs," Pronger said. "We dont live in the what-if world, we live in the now world. Id like to think I would, but who knows? I dont know." Kris Dunn Jersey . Wrights first stint with Milwaukee was on a 10-day contract from March 14-23. He played in two games, averaging six points and two rebounds in 16. Zach LaVine Jersey . Smith, who raised eyebrows at the CFL combine in March with his ability on both sides of the ball, confirmed in a statement he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol prior to auditioning for league officials. http://www.authenticbullsauthority.com/. But Josh Bailey scored the shootout winner to lead the Islanders to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens in a battle of the Eastern Conferences two worst teams. Bobby Portis Jersey . Orlando is to begin play in the MLS for the 2015 season. Kaka, who currently plays with AC Milan, is expected to be loaned out to his home club Sao Paulo for the upcoming season before joining Orlando for next season. Custom Chicago Bulls Jerseys . You can watch the game on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt and listen to the game on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal. After starting the month of November on an 0-3-1 slide, the Canadiens have recorded wins in three of their last five outings (3-1-1).WALTHAM, Mass. -- Rajon Rondos rehab continues. And now it will take place in live NBA games. The Boston Celtics point guard, who has not played since tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee last Jan. 25, is scheduled to return on Friday night. Coach Brad Stevens and general manager Danny Ainge both said Rondo would return for the game against the Los Angeles Lakers "barring any setbacks." "I dont think we can expect him to be the Game 7 Rajon Rondo tomorrow," Stevens said before practice on Thursday. "This is part of the process to getting back to full-go." Rondo did not speak with reporters on Thursday, but he worked out with his teammates at the teams practice facility. Stevens said Rondo will probably play 18-20 minutes at first, and Ainge said he would probably be limited to five minutes per quarter. "He is our starting point guard," Stevens said. "We want to figure out the right minutes for him so he doesnt get too stiff on the bench." Said Ainge: "And, knowing Rondo, hes going to be complaining about that and probably checking himself back into the game. Thats who he is." Ainge said he wasnt sure what to expect, especially since the ACL injury tends to leave players tentative about making quick moves. "He hasnt played for a year," Ainge said. "What Ive seen is the ACL injury is something that every player has to overcome, coming back mentally, not just physically." On Wednesday, Rondo scrimmaged at the practice facility for about an hour with the Celtics NBA Development League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws; afterward, he took the minor leaguers out to dinner.dddddddddddd "I think the guys had a fun time also," Ainge said. Rondo had developed into one of the top point guards in the NBA, averaging career-highs of 13.7 points and 5.6 rebounds to go with his 11.1 assists per game in 2012-13 before he was hurt. He played almost 45 minutes and recorded a triple-double in a double-overtime loss to Atlanta on Jan. 25, then was diagnosed with a torn ACL two days later. Ainge said he expected to see that player again. "I think he will get there. I dont know how long it will take," he said. "He has to get back on the court and try it. Now is as good a time as any." The Celtics could use the boost. They lost nine consecutive games before beating Toronto on Wednesday night, falling into fourth place in the woeful Atlantic Division. Stevens, in his first year with the team after leaving Butler, said he is glad he will finally have his point guard on the floor. "Theres all kinds of thoughts going through my mind right now," he said, noting that the pre-injury Rondo was a savvy floor leader who could see things on the court and get the ball to places that only a few others can. Ideally, that will return quickly. "The one thing he could do, even when he wasnt playing, was think," Stevens said. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..