headerimg

n pundit. The Frenchman leaves the game as one of the most prolific strikers of his generation, recording more than

in Sun's Pride Sanctuary Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:31 am
by zxlbxj1 • Farseer | 487 Posts | 4870 Points

London, England (SportsNetwork.com) - Arsenal legend Thierry Henry formally announced his retirement Tuesday, bringing an end to an illustrious career that spanned more than 20 years. He will now move to London to join Sky Sports as a television pundit. The Frenchman leaves the game as one of the most prolific strikers of his generation, recording more than 350 goals across all competitions. It has been an incredible journey and I would like to thank all the fans, teammates and individuals involved with AS Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal FC, FC Barcelona, the New York Red Bulls and of course the French national team that have made my time in the game so special, the 37-year-old wrote on his official Facebook page. Henry began his professional career in 1994 with French club AS Monaco, where he won the 1996-97 Ligue 1 title and earned Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year honors. He moved to Arsenal in 1999 after a brief stint with Juventus and experienced a tremendous amount of success with the Gunners. Henry led Arsenal to two Premier League titles (2002, 2004) and three FA Cup trophies (2002, 2003, 2005) while leading the club to a fabled unbeaten Premier League season in 2003-04. Henry made the switch to Barcelona in 2007 and helped the Catalans earn consecutive La Liga titles in 2009 and 2010 as well as a UEFA Champions League title in 2009. After three years at Camp Nou, Henry moved to MLS to join Red Bull New York where he scored 51 goals and added 42 assists in 122 regular-season appearances. He also guided New York to its first piece of major silverware, helping the club win the 2013 Supporters Shield. Henry earned 123 caps for the French national team and was a member of the nations World Cup triumph on home soil in 1998. He also featured for France in the three subsequent World Cup tournaments, suffering premature exits in 2002 and 2010 while leading the nation to a second-place finish in 2006. Jonathan Allen Jersey . Stevenson scored the first three goals of the game in the first period for Regina (35-22-6), which has won eight of its last 10 games. Patrick DAmico added two for the Pats, Braden Christoffer had a single and Morgan Klimchuk chipped in a goal and four assists. Kevin Hogan Redskins Jersey . "Right now were kind of looking at him at the end of the rotation right now," said pitching coach Pete Walker. "Not indicative of how hes doing or how hes feeling. Its just, it seems like the spot we want him right now. http://www.authenticredskinsfootballonline.com/. The mood in Seattle was electrified as the parade featuring the NFL champions began near the Space Needle and made its way to CenturyLink Field, the home of the team. At a ceremony inside the stadium, the team thanked its loyal followers -- the 12th Man -- capping a day of boisterous celebration that drew an estimated 700,000 revelers to Seattle. Geron Christian Redskins Jersey . Lack made 20 saves for his third shutout of the season as the Canucks blanked the St. Louis Blues 1-0 in the first post-Olympic game for both teams night. Kevin Hogan Jersey . -- Dane Fox scored his 61st and 62nd goals of the season and Brendan Gaunce had a goal and three assists as the Erie Otters downed the Kitchener Rangers 7-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action.Roy Nelson may be awaiting the biggest decision of his career. According to Bloody Elbows Steph Daniels, the loveable UFC heavyweight contender is interested in filling the shoes of Keith Kizer as Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Kizer announced his resignation at the beginning of January. "I have put my application in. My wife and I were talking about having something besides fighting to fall back on, and I think I would be able to do some good. This is my hometown, its where I was born and raised, so I feel its a way for me to help further the sport," Nelson told Daniels on Monday. "With me, I can draw more people back to Vegas to help the budget. Thats a big part of it. Of course I want to help get the sport cleaned up, but helping Nevada financially and bringing more revenue in is one of the primary goals I have. The others involve making sure we have better officiating and bbetter fighter safety.dddddddddddd" Nelson (20-9) broke into the UFC by winning "The Ultimate Fighter" reality show in 2009. After a stunning upset of 7-foot heavyweight Stefan Struve in March 2010, the former International Fight League champion found himself one fight away from a UFC heavyweight title shot. However, he was stopped in his tracks by eventual heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos -- who captured the title two fights later -- in August that same year. Nelson never earned a title shot and has fallen to No. 11 in the division after consecutive losses in 2013. Nelson told Daniels he has yet to inform the UFC of his plans, but hopes he will receive full support from the organization. "I think theyd probably be happy that Im just trying to make the sport better. It would be the building of a relationship that would help the UFC, MMA and all of combat sports in Nevada," he said. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..