headerimg

he quarterfinals. "I played really well," Fognini said. "Monaco never give in, but playing at the top was the key for me

in Necropolis Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:35 am
by zxlbxj1 • Farseer | 487 Posts | 4870 Points

MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina -- Fabio Fognini defeated Juan Monaco in straight sets to rally Italy to a 1-1 draw with Argentina in their first round tie in the Davis Cup World Group on Friday. Fognini won 7-5, 6-2, 6-2 after Argentinas Carlos Berlocq had beaten Andreas Seppi 4-6, 6-0, 6-2, 6-1 on the outdoor clay surface. Doubles are set for Saturday with reverse singles on Sunday to decide which team reaches the quarterfinals. "I played really well," Fognini said. "Monaco never give in, but playing at the top was the key for me." Argentina is playing without its top player Juan Martin del Potro, who has chosen to skip Davis Cup and focus on tour events. Berlocq gave Argentina a perfect start. "I felt like you have to feel in a Davis Cup match -- with determination and dedication," Berlocq said. "When I was on the court and fans screamed gladiator, it gave me a lift." Argentina is a four-time runner-up in the Davis Cup but has yet to win tennis top team event. Italy has won once. The winner faces either Britain or the United States in the quarterfinals. Kyle Walker Jersey .Mateo Kovacic and Andrea Ranocchia scored for Inter, which had goalkeeper Samir Handanovic to thank for several crucial saves.Its an important victory against a Chievo side which plays well, Mancini said. Erik Lamela Jersey . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League. http://www.hotspurfcproshop.com/toby-ald...spur-jersey-uk/. -- Kansas City Royals right-hander Luke Hochevar will have Tommy John surgery that will sideline the pitcher for the season. Harry Kane Jersey . Goodell said in an ESPN Radio interview Monday (http://es.pn/1gkbauy ) that participants played harder and made the game very competitive. Goodell says he had fun watching the game Sunday and thinks fans did, too. Christian Eriksen Jersey .A. remained bitter for Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers on the long flight back home to New York.SAULT STE MARIE, Ont. - Defending champion Glenn Howard put his last stone on the button to score the winning single in the final end of a 5-4 victory over Olympic gold medallist Brad Jacobs on Thursday in Draw 5 action at the Grand Slam of Curling National.Howard, from Penetanguishene, Ont., now holds a 3-0 record in the tournament while Jacobs, from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., dropped to 1-2.Also in Draw 5, Winnipegs Reid Carruthers (3-0) scored two in the sixth and added a steal of one in the seventh for a 5-2 win over Calgarys Kevin Koe (1-2).ddddddddddddEdmontons Brendan Bottcher improved to a 3-0 record with a 7-5 victory over Switzerlands Peter de Cruz (0-3). Calgarys John Morris (1-2) stole one in the seventh and three in the eighth for his first victory of the tournament with a 7-3 win over Winnipegs Mike McEwen (2-1).Winnipegs Jeff Stoughton (2-1) grabbed a single in the final end to edge Saskatoons Steve Laycock (1-2) with a 7-6 win. Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..