headerimg

to do to get my swing back to where it was the first couple of days.The game of golf - it just comes and goes, but the most impo

in General Discussion Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:36 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

CHICAGO -- Both the Chicago Bulls and the Minnesota Timberwolves were missing their starting centres. Stefan Charles Chiefs Jersey . The Timberwolves were able to overcome the adversity. Kevin Love scored 31 points to lead the Timberwolves over the Bulls 95-86 Monday night. Ronny Turiaf added 14 points for the Timberwolves, who snapped a seven-game losing streak to the Bulls and won for the fourth time in five games overall. Timberwolves centre Nikola Pekovic exited with a sore right Achilles tendon midway through the first quarter. Turiaf, who was averaging 2.3 points, scored a season high in his absence. "He stepped up when Pekovic went out, and he brings a lot," Timberwolves guard Ricky Rubio said. "He brought everything he had." The Bulls were also without their starting centre. Joakim Noah was sent home before the game due to an illness. Kirk Hinrich (strained right hamstring) missed his fourth straight game. "They had some people out too, but we knew it was going to be a physical game," Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman said. "We knew how they were going to play, and I thought we responded pretty well." Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 14 rebounds, and D.J. Augustin added 19 points for the Bulls. Pekovic, who was averaging 18.4 points and 9.3 rebounds, said he hopes his injury is not serious. The injury has been bothering Pekovic during the teams road trip, Adelman said. Pekovic had one point and one rebound in 6 minutes. In Pekovics absence, Turiaf grabbed seven rebounds and had his highest-scoring game since he scored 19 points on Jan. 11, 2011, for the New York Knicks against the Portland Trailblazers. "My goal this year, regardless of the situation, is just to go out there and have some fun," Turiaf said. "No matter how much or how little I play, I just want to have fun." The Bulls pulled within five with 1:29 left on Augustins 3-pointer but got no closer. Love answered with a layup with 1:10 remaining, and Corey Brewers dunk gave the Timberwolves an 88-79 lead with 57.4 seconds left. The Timberwolves improved to 2-11 on the road when scoring fewer than 109 points. Minnesota shot 46.6 per cent compared to the Bulls 37.6 per cent. "We need that," Love said. "We communicated really well and we definitely contested a lot of shots." Chicago had won four of five and is 10-4 in January. Chase Budinger added 12 points off the bench for Minnesota, and Brewer had 11. Jimmy Butler scored 16 points, and Mike Dunleavy and Taj Gibson each had 10 for the Bulls. Gibson started at centre in place of Noah and had eight points and seven rebounds at halftime before running into foul trouble in the second half. "Hes an All-Star. Youre going to feel it," Gibson said about the Bulls missing Noah. "He was playing real phenomenal. Hes one of the vocal leaders, rebounding, playing defence, controlling the offensive end and making plays for guys. "We got to keep pushing forward." The Timberwolves went cold in the third quarter as the Bulls outscored them 19-18 and pulled within five. Minnesota had one field goal in the final 7:38 of the period -- Budingers dunk with 34.9 seconds left. The Wolves led 72-65 heading into the fourth. The Bulls had won by an average of 13.3 points during their seven-game winning streak against the Timberwolves. Minnesota last won in Chicago on Jan. 3, 2009. "When you lose a guy like Jo your margin for error is smaller," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said about Noah. "We can get it done. Youve got to give Minnesota credit. Theyre playing real well right now. We can never lose sight of how hard we have to play. We cant play hard for 32 minutes. We have to play hard the whole game." NOTES: The Timberwolves ranked second in the NBA in scoring at 106.8 points per game coming in. The Bulls were holding opponents to 92.9 points per game, second in the league. ... It was the first of two meetings between the teams this season. The Bulls lead the all-time series 28-18. Breeland Speaks Chiefs Jersey .Y. -- A month ago, Syracuse was unbeaten, ranked No. Armani Watts Chiefs Jersey .J. -- John Elway says Peyton Manning cannot stamp himself as the greatest quarterback in NFL history even if he wins the Super Bowl on Sunday. http://www.prochiefsauthentic.com/Youth-David-Amerson-Elite-Jersey/ . - Chelseas 1-0 win at the Etihad, spoiling Manchester Citys perfect home record continues to be the talking point of the week.Phil Mickelson aimed a furious outburst at photographers on the fairway on the final hole of his third round at The 145th Open. Mickelson parted from his usual calm demeanour after blocking his second shot into a pot bunker short and left of the green, and he felt one of the vast array of photographers behind him had clicked their shutter on his backswing. Leaderboard The 145th Open The veteran American remonstrated with the group and could not contain his anger, or his language, before trudging disconsolately towards the green. To his credit, Mickelson regained his composure on the walk and played a near-perfect splash-out from the trap before rolling in the par putt to return a 70 and close one shot behind playing partner Henrik Stenson.Mickelson did not discuss the incident in his post-round interview, although he did admit to battling with his swing throughout the day, which could have been a factor in his final-hole frustration. Phil Mickelson said he had to fight for his round of 70 on day three and is looking forward to the challenge ahead tomorrow. Will Redmond Chiefs Jersey. I was off today, I didnt have my best stuff, said the 2013 champion. My rhythm was a little quick from the top as we started downwind. I was a little bit jumpy and my rhythm wasnt very good.I found a way to kind of settle in and hit some shots and then find ways to make pars on the times that I hit some poor shots. Get a Sky Sports Pass Dont miss The Open. Watch live on NOW TV today for £10.99. No contract Today [Saturday] could have been a day that got away from me, instead I shot under par and kept myself right in heading into tomorrows final round, so Im proud of that. Andrew Getson and I have some work to do to get my swing back to where it was the first couple of days.The game of golf - it just comes and goes, but the most important thing is to find a way to get the ball in the hole, and thats what I did. I found a way to get the ball in the hole, make pars, and thats all that I really care about. Some days its easy and it looks pretty like the first couple. Some days its hard and it looks terrible, like it did today. But either way I shot three rounds under par, and Id love to play the final round the way I did the first two and give myself a shot.Watch the video at the top of the page to see Mickelson take issue with photographers on the 18th at Royal Troon, and dont miss final-round coverage of The 145th Open - live from 7:30am on Sky Sports The Open. Also See: Stenson snatches lead Open leaderboard Rory snaps! Get Sky Sports Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL T-shirts From China China NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..