headerimg

he bases loaded before finishing things off. That gav

in General Discussion Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:35 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

BAYAMON, Puerto Rico -- Danny Garcia successfully defended his two 140-pound titles Saturday night in a 12-round slugfest with Mauricio Herrera. Andrew Norwell Jaguars Jersey . Garcias improved to 28-0 in the fifth defence of his WBC light welterweight crown and fourth of his WBA belt. He received winning scores of 116-112 from two judges and the third had the fighters even at 114. Garcias right eye was swollen after the early rounds and his nose bloodied by a big shot from Herrera (20-4) in the ninth. Fighting his way off the ropes, the champion rallied with some solid shots to end the round. "I just needed to keep my composure and throw power shots," Garcia said. It wasnt an easy fight for Garcia, a Philadelphia native with deep Puerto Rican roots who was driven on by a raucous crowd of more than 10,100 in his mothers hometown. "Of course it was an advantage," Garcia said. The 33-year-old Herrera threw and landed slightly more punches than the 25-year-old champion, but Garcia finished with a wide edge in power punches. Both fighters remained active in a bout that picked up pace and quality in the later rounds. Herrera couldnt match Garcias power, but his toughness and guile was evident. "I felt I won the fight. I thought it was close, but I thought I won," Herrera said. "Hes a crafty veteran," Garcia said. "I just had to make adjustments." The title defence was seen as a stepping stone to bigger paydays and is sure to spur talk about a potential showdown with pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. Garcia said after the fight he may consider moving up to 147 pounds, saying coming in heavy for Saturdays fight may have hurt his performance. Still, hes happy to leave his parents homeland with his belts in tow. "Everybody comes after me. They want what I got," he said. Tanner Lee Jersey .com) - The New York Jets have named Mike Maccagnan their new general manager. D.J. Hayden Jaguars Jersey . Alina Fodorova of Ukraine took third place. Broersen based her gold-medal performance on great high jumping, and finished with 4,830 points, while Theisen-Eaton, from Humboldt, Sask., set a national record of 4,768. http://www.authenticjaguarslockroom.com/Youth-DJ-Hayden-Elite-Jersey/ . "Ive got a lot of work to do on this team and the sooner that I can get back to my office and start that work, itll be better," he said straight-faced as the rest of the room erupted in laughter.(Sports Network) - J.A. Happ will make his second start since returning from injury today as the Toronto Blue Jays try to salvage a split of their four-game series with the Oakland Athletics in a matinee game. The Blue Jays shook up their rotation ahead of this finale, pushing scheduled starter Josh Johnson back to Wednesday in part because of some tightness in his right forearm that he experienced in his last start, and moving Happ up. The 29-year-old will make his second start following a three-month absence due to a skull fracture sustained when he was hit by a line drive against Tampa Bay on May 7. Though his return to the hill last Wednesday was a great sight, the lefty experienced some issues on the mound in a no-decision. Despite getting staked to an early lead, Happ did not factor into a 9-7 loss as he allowed seven runs -- six earned -- on seven hits and three walks over four-plus innings. "Its obviously not how I wanted it to go," Happ said. "We should have won that game. We scored seven runs early. I wasnt able to keep us holding onto that." Happ is still on normal rest due to an off day last Thursday and is 2-2 with a 5.84 ERA in eight starts this season. He will make his first career start versus Oakland, having faced them twice before in relief. Oakland will send Dan Straily to the hill to chase his first win in more than a month. Following a win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on July 9, Straily was sent back to Triple-A Sacramento before returning to the As at the end of the month. He has lost all four starts since his return, falling to 6-6 with a 4.41 earned run average in 18 starts this year with the Athletics. Though the right-hander has been charged with two eaarned runs or less in three of those four games, he has not pitched past the fifth inning in three straight. Custom Jaguars Jerseys. Straily logged 4 2/3 innings in a 5-0 setback to Toronto on July 30, charged with five runs -- two earned -- and giving up a pair of homers. Straily was then lifted after four innings and 75 pitches in Tuesdays 3-1 setback at Cincinnati. He yielded two runs on six hits and a walk. The 24-year-old is 0-1 with a 2.53 ERA in two career meetings with the Blue Jays. On Sunday, Alberto Callaspo hit a go-ahead two-run double during a three-run eighth inning, with his drive to left tipping off the glove of Emilio Bonifacio. Chris Young added a pinch-hit RBI single in the frame. "They just ended up getting a lucky one there with two outs," Jays infielder Brett Lawrie said in reference to Callaspos hit. "That kind of stung us a little bit." Brandon Moss slugged a two-run homer for the Athletics, who remained a game behind the Texas Rangers for first place in the AL West. Grant Balfour earned his 30th save of the season the hard way, giving up a run in the ninth and leaving the bases loaded before finishing things off. That gave manager Bob Melvin the 700th win of his career. "Never a dull moment," Melvin deadpanned. "Excruciating. We found a way to win but it wasnt pretty." Melvin sent Young up to pinch-hit for Coco Crisp, who has a nagging left wrist injury and could rest today. Catcher Derek Norris is also likely to get a break as he deals with back spasms. Jose Reyes and Maicer Izturis drove in a run each for the Blue Jays, who dropped their third game in four. Toronto has won five of the last eight meetings going back to 2012. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store NFL T-shirts From China China NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..