headerimg

heading to the fourth, 71-71, thanks to six points from Aldridge.

in Feedback Forum Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:02 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Andy Dalton isnt shying away from the comparisons any longer. Riley Dixon Giants Jersey . Until now, the Bengals fourth-year quarterback has avoided linking his name with some of the NFLs best, even as he accomplished things that few others could claim. Thats changed with his ongoing negotiations over a contract extension. Its time to accentuate the positives from his first three seasons. "Well, Im very confident in what Ive done," he said. "The people who are the critics, they look at all of the negatives. They dont look at all of the stuff that Ive accomplished. They dont look at that Im one of three quarterbacks in the history of the NFL to do certain things. They dont look at that kind of stuff. "They want to find ways to tear me down, but Im not worried about that. They can say whatever they want. All that matters is what everyone believes in this organization and what I believe in myself." There are a lot of rarified numbers he can cite: -- Dalton, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are the only ones to throw 20 or more touchdown passes in each of their first two seasons. -- Dalton is one of only five starting quarterbacks to lead their teams to the playoffs in each of their first three seasons, along with the Rams Pat Haden, the Dolphins Marino, the Browns Bernie Kosar and the Ravens Joe Flacco. -- If the Bengals reach the playoffs again this season, hell join Flacco as the only starting quarterbacks in the Super Bowl era to reach the playoffs in each of their first four seasons. -- Dalton has already set numerous franchise records for passing. He threw for a club-record 4,293 yards and 33 touchdowns last season. The big blemish: 0-3 in the post-season. Dalton has given some of his worst performances in the playoffs, setting up three straight opening-round exits. Dalton is entering the final year on his contract. Hes emphasizing those regular-season accomplishments while making his case for a new deal. "We are obviously comparing guys in their first three years -- what they have done, what they are doing now, and presenting them with stuff," Dalton said. "That is how we have come up with what we are wanting." Whos the best comparison? "Lets see here: Flacco, (Aaron) Rodgers, (Drew) Brees. Who else? Matt Ryan. All those top guys," he said. His biggest shortcoming also leaves him in some pretty good company. Hes one of seven NFL quarterbacks who who have lost an opening playoff game three seasons in a row, according to STATS. The others: Warren Moon (4), Otto Graham (3), Y.A. Tittle (3), Bert Jones (3), Joe Montana (3) and Randall Cunningham (3). "This is a big year," Dalton said. "Just from the standpoint of OK, now Ive been through it three times now. Ive played well. Ive been to the playoffs. Obviously the playoffs havent gone well for us, but its not just me." Dalton turned the ball over three times in the second half of a 27-10 loss to San Diego at Paul Brown Stadium that extended Cincinnatis playoff misery. The Bengals havent won a playoff game in 23 years. Their three straight opening-game losses tie the league record. Dalton has studied video of the playoff loss during the off-season. "We had chances in the game. Obviously the turnovers killed us," he said. "I wish I would have done some things differently in the game. It didnt turn out that way. Youve got to take the good things that happened last season and improve on them." Coach Marvin Lewis fell to 0-5 in the playoffs but got a year added to his contract, which now runs through 2015. He has reassured Dalton privately and insisted publicly that the quarterback can take the franchise deep into the playoffs and end all those streaks of futility and doubts about his ability. "It means a lot," Dalton said. "I feel like Ive done a lot since being here to earn that trust, to earn that support." Jonathan Stewart Giants Jersey . -- Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno was admitted to the hospital Friday for observation due to minor complications from cancer treatments, his family said. B.J. Hill Giants Jersey . The group of Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Vladimir Konstantinov, Sergei Fedorov, & Slava Kozlov were a dominant force for The Wings at one point in the 90s. http://www.nygiantsproshop.com/authentic-patrick-omameh-jersey.html . Abduraimova had not won a tour-level match since 2009 but was a wild-card entry in Tashkent and broke her opponent twice in each set to reach the second round. Second-seeded Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania advanced easily by beating Kateryna Kozlova of Ukraine 6-3, 6-1, while No.Sacramento, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Rudy Gay posted a game and season-best 40 points along with eight rebounds as Sacramento picked up its first win of the year with a 103-94 triumph over Portland on Friday night. DeMarcus Cousins and Darren Collison each contributed 17 points for the Kings, who shook off a season-opening 18-point loss to Golden State on Wednesday. I just wanted to be aggressive, said Gay. I tried to make plays better and took what they gave me. LaMarcus Aldridge totaled 22 points and Damian Lillard poured in 20 for the Blazers, who were coming off a 17-point home win against Oklahoma City two days prior. We knew they were a really good second-chance team and they did that all night, Lillard said. They just outplayed us. Wesley Matthews hit from long distance and Portland was up 77-73 early in the fourth, but Omri Casspis layup just over three minutes in triggered a momentum-turning 13-0 run which gave the Kings the lead for good. Gay followed with five in a row including a trey, Cousins added a bucket, Collison made two from the charity stripe and Coussins ended the burst with two more from the line to make it 86-77. Will Hernandez Jersey. Gay later connected on both his free-throw attempts with 2:39 to play and Sacramento was up 92-81. Portland was unable to close the gap to less than six the rest of the way. Aldridge scored 11 first-quarter points but the Blazers trailed 26-24 after 12 minutes of action. Things were tight again in the second period, which ended in a 48-48 deadlock thanks to a pair of Chris Kaman shots sandwiched around a Collison jumper. The Kings lead swelled to 62-52 with four minutes elapsed in the third thanks to seven points from Gay, and it was 69-58 for the hosts with 4:18 left after a Gay three-pointer, but the Blazers battled back to knot the score heading to the fourth, 71-71, thanks to six points from Aldridge. Game Notes Gay shot 13-of-19 from the floor including 3-of-4 from beyond the arc, and made 11 of his 13 free throws ... Matthews ended up with 16 points for Portland ... Collison had eight of Sacramentos 14 assists and three of his clubs six steals. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..