headerimg

. Next for Gasquet will be No. 10 Santiago Giraldo of Colombia or No. 1

in Feedback Forum Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:00 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

LAS VEGAS -- A huge double takeout by Olympics-bound Brad Jacobs played a huge role in giving Team North America the lead at the Continental Cup on Thursday. Shayne Gostisbehere Flyers Jersey Authentic . Jacobs made a double takeout to blank the seventh end in his traditional team-play showdown against Team Worlds Niklas Edin. And in the eighth end, the Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., native made an open hit to score one for a 4-3 victory. Jacobs win was part of a clean sweep of the evening games, giving Team North America a 6-3 lead on Team World. The first team reaching 30.5 points by Sundays final day will win the title. "That feels great," said Jacobs, who will skip Canada at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. "That was my first game ever, all of our (his teammates) first games, at the Continental Cup and that was a blast." "That was a no-risk shot," said Jacobs of the blank attempt in the seventh end. "If we hit one of the back ones and give up a steal, its not the worst, coming up with hammer. It was a no-fear shot; I threw it real aggressive and it worked out perfect." In other action, Team North Americas Rachel Homan of Ottawa was a 6-4 winner over Team Worlds Margaretha Sigfridsson. Homans rink stole a deuce in the sixth end to turn the game around when Sigfridssons last-rock thrower, Maria Prytz, couldnt execute a hit-and-roll to score. "Just barely," said Homan about the victory. "But that was good. My whole team played well and so did Sigfridssons. Pretty excited about the three-team sweep tonight." In the other evening game, Team North Americas John Shuster hung on for a 5-3 win over Team Worlds David Murdoch. Shuster, who will skip the United States in Sochi, scored two in the fourth end and never looked back. Team World won two of three traditional team games in the morning draw of curlings version of the Ryder Cup, and Team North America won two of the three mixed doubles matches in the afternoon. Ron Hextall Flyers Jersey Authentic . The 28-year-old from Rochester, Alta., was selected by the Redblacks from the Saskatchewan Roughriders roster in the 2013 CFL Expansion Draft. Dave Schultz Flyers Jersey Authentic . The 26-year-old Sobotka injured his left leg playing for the St. Louis Blues in a 3-1 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday. The Blues said he would not recover from the injury in time for the Olympic tournament. http://www.hockeyflyersauthentic.com/michal-neuvirth-jersey/ . LOUIS -- David Ross never expected to be on a World Series podium.WASHINGTON -- No. 2 Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., is off to the semifinals at the Citi OPen on Saturday. Raonic, a semifinalist at Wimbledon last month, ended the surprising run of Steve Johnson, eliminating the American 7-6 (2), 6-2. His opposition? The surprising Donald Young. The left-handed American arrived at the hard-court tuneup for the U.S. Open on a four-match losing streak. He was 10-13 this season. He hadnt reached the semifinals at any tour-level event in three years. Young insists he believed in himself -- more than he used to. After four victories in a row, three against seeded opponents, Young is back in an ATP semifinal, getting there by beating No. 7 Kevin Anderson 3-6, 7-6 (3), 6-2 on Friday at the Citi Open. "Losings not good, and I was doing a lot of that," Young said. "I didnt want to do that anymore. I wanted to try something else." Young, ranked 73rd, hadnt made it this far at a tournament since October 2011, when he was the Thailand Open runner-up. Two months earlier, he got to the semifinals in Washington. When Fridays match ended, Young screamed and slapped his chest with his right palm. Once as high as No. 38, he is projected to get back into the top 50 next week. That would make him the second-highest American man, behind John Isner. "I feel like we have a lot of good players that are knocking at the door around 60, 70, 80, top 100, that are playing well enough to be top 50," Young said. "Its just about having the right results at the right tournaments at the right time." He hasnt done that a whole lot, desspite having been pegged for greatness as a teenager. Claude Giroux Flyers Jersey Authentic. Now 25, Young joked that maybe hes finally at the right age. One thing hes been working on is taking a more positive approach on court, instead of allowing negative thoughts or energy to hold him back. "Its still a work in progress. I still slip back every now and then. But more so than not, Im being a lot more positive," said Young, who is based in Atlanta. "Ive tried being negative. It doesnt work. Ive had a lot of low times, but positive is working well." Johnson beat the tours top two servers, Isner and Ivo Karlovic, in his previous two matches, but he couldnt beat the man who ranks third in that category, Raonic, failing to even earn one break point Friday. No. 6-seeded Richard Gasquet of France reached the semifinals by beating No. 4 Kei Nishikori of Japan 6-1, 6-4. Gasquet faced only one break point, in the final game, and saved it when Nishikori sailed a return long. Next for Gasquet will be No. 10 Santiago Giraldo of Colombia or No. 13 Vasek Pospisil of Vancouver. In womens action, two-time major champion Svetlana Kuznetsova moved into the semifinals when Vania King withdrew from the tournament with a right hip injury. King also pulled out of next weeks tournament in Montreal but doesnt think the injury will prevent her from entering the U.S. Open, which begins Aug. 25. The sixth-seeded Kuznetsova now faces No. 2 Ekaterina Makarova, who beat No. 5 Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 7-6 (3), 6-3. The other womens semifinal is Marina Erakovic of New Zealand against Kurumi Nara of Japan. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..