headerimg

expect to have starting right tackle Tony

in Maps Discussion Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:29 am
by zxlbxj1 • Farseer | 487 Posts | 4870 Points

I like it, I like it a lot. I am speaking in reference to the city of Ottawa being back in the CFL and the Redblacks in the East. It was approximately two ago years the announcement was made and it looks like all is ready and the plan is active. This will be a challenge on a number of levels. The first is creating a winning football team. Second is creating a home field, stadium feel that pulls people to a game as much as a winning team. When I was young, now many years ago, I went to Exhibition Stadium to see the Argonauts play and Ivor Wynne Stadium to see the Tiger-Cats play as much to be a part of the atmosphere as to see the team win. I liked the crowd, the hot dogs, and the halftime marching band as much as anything on the field. And back in those youthful days it was rough. There were certain sections in both stadiums that if you were looking for trouble, all you had to do was walk through with an attitude and you would be confronted. Yet even with that "fear factor", I loved going to the games. It was an event and an experience. If Ottawa can have success on two levels, a competitive team and empowering atmosphere, this can and will be a success, but you do need both. For those who have never been, Ottawa is a great place. A simple description but accurate, as the city and surrounding area has everything you need. It isnt what I would call an elite athletic mecca of football enthusiasm. It is no Regina, but as far as attracting free agents, Ottawa as a city is as affluent as any in Canada. I am sure that is one of the attractions of the Ottawa ownership group led by Jeff Hunt in that they do have the surrounding environment to progress and grow. And there is no comparison between previous ownership groups and the five main people presently involved, which means everything when times get tough and they always do. The single biggest challenge for Ottawa will be quality depth. Over the course of 18 games the season becomes a battle of physical heath, or maintaining physical heath. I think Ottawa will be able to find 24 good CFL starters but what happens when the starters cant start a specific game? Is the second team player a competent player or a detriment? Somehow Marcel Desjardins and Rick Campbell have to find players that can play right now. I guess you could say that about every team but I believe with Ottawa, it is a greater challenge. Other teams usually have a plan of development because they are established teams. Ottawa is not established with veteran status and leadership. It is all new and unique and youth will be more prevalent here than on any other team. It is an operating agenda of complete unknown because there are no previous reference points of success. Very exciting, but also very concerning. From the renovation of Landsdowne Park to the new TD Place, a very experienced coaching staff and management team, to an ownership group of wealth and commitment, a lot of things have gone "right" in Ottawa. The unknown will be the players and how quickly and effectively they work together as a team. You dont always need the best players, but you need players that are at their best working effectively with others. One of the positives that will come to the forefront as the season moves on is that because new players will have the opportunity to play, new stars will shine. New faces with new personalities will emerge and that creates a conversation and attraction. Selling football is about winning, but its also about finding an identity within the city. I am sure many Ottawa sports fans can name more than a few Ottawa Senators players. The same has to happen with the Ottawa Redblacks. They need their players to embody the personality associated to that name. And speaking of names I like, Im bordering on love of the name "Redblacks ." Our colours in Canada are red and white and the black and red fit with the Ottawa Senators. The more the CFL can associate with the NHL, the better in every way, in my mind. For those who dont like it; give it time. The name is open to interpretation within the individual imagination, so however you want to look at it, it is up to you. Too many Lions, Tigers, and Bears. The Redblacks is original and I like it. I like it a lot. Nolan Arenado Rockies Jersey . -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie receiver Marqise Lee has agreed to terms on a four-year contract worth more than $5 million. Custom Colorado Rockies Jersey . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.baseballrockiesproshop.com/ja...rockies-jersey/. - The first sign that Kansas Speedway was going to be a heartbreaker for Hendrick Motorsports should have come during qualifying when Jimmie Johnson inexplicably spun and earned one of his worst starting spots since 2005. Carlos Gonzalez Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. Jason Motte Jersey . Last years runner-up, Sara Errani, also reached the last eight in straight sets. Flipkens converted all four of her break points against Meusburger, and the third-seeded Errani broke Karin Knapps serve five times to win their all-Italian match 6-4, 6-3.PITTSBURGH -- Alfredo Simon became the NLs first 10-game winner and Billy Hamilton had three hits and three RBIs in the Cincinnati Reds 11-4 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday night. Simon (10-3) allowed three runs on five hits and three walks in 6 1-3 innings to break a tie with the Dodgers Zack Greinke and Cardinals Adam Wainwright for the NL lead in victories. Simon went to spring training as a relief pitcher and moved into the starting rotation when Mat Latos was recovering from elbow and knee surgeries. Brandon Phillips, Skip Schumaker and Zack Cozart each had two of the Reds 14 hits in the game, which was delayed 1 hour, 15 minutes by rain in the bottom of the seventh inning. Schumaker also had three RBIs in helping Cincinnati win for the sixth time in seven games. Pittsburghs Gregory Polanco went 2 for 4 and became the second player in Pirates history -- joining Spencer Adams (1923) -- to have a hit in each of his first eight major league games. Edinson Volquez (4-6) was tagged for eight runs in 2 2-3 innings after going 3-1 with a 2.48 ERA in his previous five starts. Pirates reserve outfielder Travis Snider pitched the ninth inning in his first major league appearance on the mound. He allowed two runs on a double by Hamilton and a groundout by Todd Frazier, but struck out 2010 NL MVP Joey Votto on a 2-2 changeup to end the inning. Andrew McCutchen had his 12-game hitting streak end as he went 0 for 3 before being pulled after six innings with Pittsburgh trailing 9-1. Starling Marte had two hits and two RBIs while running his hitting streak to nine games. The Redds broke open the game in the third inning, sending 12 men to the plate.dddddddddddd Phillips doubled in the first run and another scored on a wild pitch by Volquez before Schumaker and Cozart hit consecutive RBI singles to make it 5-0. The Reds next run came on a disputed call and resulted in the ejection of Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle. Simon hit a nubber to the left of the mound with the bases loaded that right-hander Stolmy Pimentel, who had just relieved Volquez, made a diving play on then flipped the ball to catcher Russell Martin at home plate for an apparent force out on Devin Mesoraco. Mesoraco, however, was ruled safe following a 3-minute, 33-second video review in which it was determined that Martin had illegally blocked home plate. Hamilton followed with a two-run single that capped the inning and increased Cincinnatis lead to 8-0. In the fourth, Mesoraco doubled and scored on a single by Schumaker. The Pirates scored in the fifth when Polanco knocked in Pedro Alvarez, who hit a leadoff double. Marte drove in a run in the sixth inning with a fielders choice and Jose Tabata hit a sacrifice fly as a pinch-hitter in the seventh and added an RBI single in the ninth. NOTES: Pirates RHP Gerrit Cole threw a 60-pitch simulated game Wednesday the first time he faced batters since going on the 15-day disabled list June 4 with right shoulder fatigue. . Cincinnati RF Ryan Ludwick was rested despite going 7 for 12 in the previous three games. He was replaced by Schumaker. . Reds RHP Homer Bailey (7-3, 4.68) faces LHP Jeff Locke (0-1, 3.96) in the finale of the three-gamer series on Thursday. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..