headerimg

This opportunity came up very recentl

in Maps Discussion Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:26 am
by zxlbxj1 • Farseer | 487 Posts | 4870 Points

OTTAWA -- Chris Byrne stepped down as general manager of the Ottawa 67s on Tuesday and was replaced by assistant GM Pat Higgins. Byrnes resignation will take effect immediately as he pursues new challenges at the NHL level, the Ontario Hockey League team said in a release. "Im happy for Chris," said team governor Jeff Hunt. "He served us well as an assistant coach, head coach and most recently as general manager and its great to know hes moving up to the NHL level. We wish him well." Byrne coached and managed in the 67s organization for eight seasons. He served as both head coach and GM over the last three seasons. "Im thankful to Jeff and the 67s organization for a great experience in Ottawa and for allowing me to pursue my dream of working in the NHL," said Byrne. "This opportunity came up very recently and it really is something I couldnt turn down. "I know the 67s have a great core of young, talented players and I wish them and the organization good luck in the future." Details on his NHL plans were not immediately released. Higgins, meanwhile, has spent over 20 seasons in the organization as a scout, assistant GM and head of scouting. Hell oversee all facets of hockey operations. "Im humbled and excited by the opportunity the 67s have given me," said Higgins. "We have a talented roster of new players joining a more experienced core group of veterans and I know great things are ahead for the fans. Thanks to Jeff, Chris and (former coach) Brian Kilrea for their roles in my development as a hockey operations leader." Jon Bostic Steelers Jersey . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have won three in a row for the first time in 4 1/2 months, and theyve done it just in time for the stretch run to the playoffs. James Washington Steelers Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. http://www.steelersauthoritystore.com/Au...teelers-Jersey/. “The shootout, theres nothing wrong with it, I think its an exciting part of the game but its just one small aspect,” said Chicago Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman. “Its a skill exhibition. If you can get it back closer to regular hockey and have it decided that way; that would be my preference.” “I dont think its a knock on the shootout, I think more of the managers would like to see it end in overtime,” added Washington Capitals GM George McPhee. Sean Davis Jersey . The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season. MacKinnon had a goal and two assists, Jamie McGinn had two goals and an assist, and Colorado beat the Buffalo Sabres 7-1 on Saturday. Mason Rudolph Steelers Jersey .Y. -- The "for sale" sign is up at the Buffalo Bills with the hiring of financial and legal advisers who may begin talking with prospective buyers within the next month.East Rutherford, NJ (SportsNetwork.com) - The New York Giants fired defensive coordinator Perry Fewell on Wednesday. Fewell had served as the teams defensive coordinator since 2010. The Giants defense struggled this season, finishing 29th in yards allowed per game. The club suffered numerous injuries on the defensive side as well with cornerbacks Walter Thurmond and Prince Amukamara, defensive linemen Robert Ayers and Mathias Kiwanuka and linebacker Jon Beason all falling to injury. A year prior the Giants finished as a top-10 defensive unit. No one person is responsible for what happened in this year, said Giants head coach Tom Coughlin. That has to be loud and clear. If there is any one person responsible, it is me. The simple fact off the matter is in the circumstance that we find ourselves, change is necessary.ddddddddddddThat may not be the most eloquent way of saying it, but that is what I am confronted with. The hope always is invigoration. You are going to stimulate. It is with great deliberation over a lengthy period of time throughout a thorough investigation and evaluation of what went on that I came to the conclusion that change was necessary. This is the second straight season the Giants made significant coaching changes. Last year, offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride retired, giving way to Ben McAdoo. However, Coughlin remains at the helm. The Giants, who finished 6-10 in 2014, also fired secondary/cornerback coach Peter Giunta. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..