headerimg

Houston defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was fined

in Off-topic discussion Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:04 am
by linchao • Farseer | 342 Posts | 3420 Points

At a time when Browns coach Freddie Kitchens hopes to reel in expectations that will find him squarely at fault if they aren’t met Womens David Njoku Jersey , one of his highest-profile players has pushed the bar even higher.“I plan on being there for the next five years and trying to bring as many championships there as possible,” Odell Beckham Jr. told , “turning [the Browns] into the new Patriots.”Here’s the thing about the Patriots. The Patriots never said that they intended to be the Patriots. They never vowed to achieve a goal, about anything — at any time.And by “they,” I mean “they” in the broadest possible sense. I mean everyone in the organization. In the past 19 years, through six Super Bowl wins and nine Super Bowl appearances and eight straight AFC title games and counting, no member of the franchise has ever called a shot, set a bar, registered an expectation. They forget about the past, and the only future they think about is the next opportunity to get better at what they do, and during football season they think only about the next game.Really Womens Odell Beckham Jersey , has any team that bought into its preseason hype ever delivered a Lombardi Trophy? Carrying around the weight of those expectations put a ton of pressure on teams early in the year, when the consequences of each loss become magnified. Indeed, 2-4-1 for the Browns in 2018 was regarded as a pleasant surprise; in 2019, it would be cause for panic, because of expectations that players like Beckham aren’t just embracing but creating.So what should someone like Beckham, whose fame will necessarily amplify his words, say? He should say the kinds of things his coach and G.M. are saying, that the Browns haven’t done anything yet, that they need to focus on the present, that they need to earn whatever they may achieve, that they’re not in the prediction business.That’s what Patriots players do Odell Beckham Browns Jersey , because they know that if they don’t they’ll have to answer to the man who has programmed those answers into their brains.For more, a video clip from PFT Live (with Simms and me discussing the issue) is attached to this item. An audio clip from the radio-only hour of PFT Live (with just me babbling about the topic) appears below.<!--[if lt IE 9]><![endif]--><source type="audio/mpeg" src="https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/05-07-19-hour-1-seg-1-pft.mp3?_=1" />https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/05-07-19-hour-1-seg-1-pft.mp3</audio> NEW YORK (AP) — New England receiver Julian Edelman has been fined $63,504 for three separate instances of unnecessary roughness in a victory over Buffalo, only one of which was penalized.Cleveland quarterback Baker Mayfield was fined $10,026, but not for starting down former coach Hue Jackson in the closing minutes of the Browns‘ win over Cincinnati. Mayfield’s fine was for a lewd gesture during a touchdown celebration on the sideline.Edelman was fined twice for $26,739 apiece and once for $10,026. The only penalty came when he blocked Buffalo’s Siran Neal after calling for a fair catch on a punt.New York Jets coach Todd Bowles was fined $25,000 for criticizing officials in levies announced Saturday. Bowles said he “thought we were playing two teams” after the Jets were flagged 16 times for a team-record 172 yards in a 44-38 overtime loss to Green Bay.Jets defensive lineman Leonard Williams was fined $43,449, about half for an altercation with Green Bay right tackle Bryan Bulaga and the other half for a hit on quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Williams was ejected after throwing a punch at Bulaga late in the second quarter.It was an expensive weekend for the Jets overall. Running back Trenton Cannon and cornerback Darryl Roberts were fined $26 Denzel Ward Jersey White ,739 apiece for unnecessary roughness.Houston defensive end Jadeveon Clowney was fined $40,110 for hitting Philadelphia quarterback Nick Foles late and grabbing his facemask.Arizona safety Tre Boston was fined $26,739 after twice getting penalized for unnecessary roughness. One of the penalties was for lowering his head to initiate contact.Jacksonville’s Telvin Smith and Yannick Ngakoue were fined for celebrating Smith’s 33-yard interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. Ngakoue was fined $26,739 while Smith was docked $10,026.Philadelphia’s Tre Sullivan was fined $26,739 for lowering his head to initiate contact, and Dallas’ Randy Gregory was fined $20,054 for a hit on Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston.Tennessee’s Taylor Lewan and Washington’s Josh Norman were fined $10,026 apiece for a postgame altercation on the sideline.

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..