headerimg

e only fans who think they’re better th

in Balance Discussion Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:20 am
by elaine95 • Farseer | 399 Posts | 3990 Points

Pretty early on the Raiders looked like they were in the midst of a rebuilding project. That’s a bitter pill to swallow for many fans because it means admitting the team will not be winning anytime soon. As each week passes and the losses stack up https://www.raiderslockerroom.com/authentic-derek-carr-jersey , that reality has been setting in.Fielding a combination of past-their-prime veterans and rookies is a pretty sure sign of a rebuild. Many of these veterans know a primary function to them being brought to Oakland is to mentor the young players for future success.“There’s a lot of turnover obviously, not only for the coaching staff, but obviously on the guys that they brought in,” said Jordy Nelson. “A lot of it’s been changing the culture and the way they go about things, so I think it’s veterans who tried to come in and bring what we’ve learned, like for myself from the ten years I had in Green Bay, an incredible organization and a winning organization to bring the little things, not necessarily verbally, but just the way we go about the way we work and the details and everything and that just allows us to start setting that foundation for the rest of this year and then going on into the future.”This is the oldest team in the NFL, with several players over the age of 30 including a number of starters like Jordy Nelson, Reggie Nelson, Frostee Rucker, Leon Hall and, coming into the season, Derrick Johnson and Donald Penn. The result has been one win on the season.“Whether you’re a young team or a veteran team, winning one game is no fun. But I think we’re determined to continue building this team. A lot of these veteran players are here for that sole responsibility of laying down the foundation of how we want to play, how we want to prepare Derek Carr Jersey White , how we want to practice, and how we want to compete. And I’m proud of our team for doing that. We haven’t won a lot of games, but we’ve had our opportunities, we’ve been there. Hopefully we continue to do that and see the emergence of some young Oakland Raiders. . . we’re playing eight rookies right now, and before the season’s over, we might be playing more than that. So, we got a lot to prove, we need to see some people get healthy and help us, but we got a lot to prove.”No team should be playing eight rookies this early on. At least not a good team. Fans like to think that you can judge a rookie by how many starts they have. But that is not a good way to judge a class. It’s all about what they are able to accomplish with those starts.Barring a miraculous turnaround by this team, the more rookies the merrier. Only one of the team’s top 7 draft picks doesn’t play significant minutes for this team. Most of them are starters. Fourth round pick Nick Nelson hasn’t seen the field, only being active for one game.Nelson has sat behind veteran Leon Hall as the slot corner. That needs to change soon. Getting him snaps is good for his development and will allow the team to evaluate him better. Even if Leon Hall is playing better right now, he isn’t the future, Nelson is.After that there are a few rookies on the practice squad the team could get a better look at including seventh round receiver, Marcell Ateman. The more the merrier for this squad trying to find itself.“It helps a lot. Just knowing that we’re all trying to grow together and just try to motivate each other to be as great as we possibly can be,” said fifth round rookie defensive tackle Maurice Hurst. “Just trying to get the coaches’ trust, trying to get the players’ trust, that’s a biggest thing I feel like as a rookie is having the other guys on the field trust that you’re going to do your job and do it correctly. That’s the biggest thing for me is making sure that I have my teammates’ trust.”Sunday the Raiders face the Seahawks in London. Another showing like last week in Los Angeles or really any of their first three games of the season Womens Bo Jackson Jersey , would mean another loss heading into the bye week where among the team’s self reflection needs to be getting these young players on the field. And that means not just rookies but others as well like third-year safety Karl Joseph and second-year linebacker Nicholas Morrow.Follow @LeviDamienRaiders fan confidence takes expected dip, but nothing like the nose dive of Broncos fans If you know a Broncos fan, maybe give them a call. Make sure they aren’t on any ledges or near any sharp objects. It was just three weeks ago, they were a mile high on their team. Their confidence level in their team has dropped like a rock off a skyscraper since then.Broncos fans came into the season with 93% confident in the direction of the team. That may seem high, but it’s in line with most fans; thirty NFL team’s fans had confidence levels in the 80’s and 90’s. The only team fans who were below 80% were Washington (76%) and Detroit (68%). Raider Nation came in at 82%.Starting the season 0-3 dropped the Raiders fan confidence to 32%. The OT win over the Browns bumped it up a little bit, but just so the brutal loss to the Chargers could drop them to 19%.That incremental drop seems logical. As does the confidence levels of the Chiefs (99%) and Chargers (58%), who are both coming off wins. The Chiefs, of course, are 5-0 on the season and many are asking whether they are the best team in football. Though the only fans who think they’re better than the Rams are Chiefs fans.Perhaps it’s watching the Chiefs run away with the division with a young star at quarterback. Perhaps it’s the Broncos own journeyman QB or the bad coaching that’s led to them losing three straight. But the Broncos fan confidence is now at 4%. FOUR PERCENT!This for a team that started the season 2-0 after beating the Raiders on a late drive for a game-winning field goal. Now they’re 2-3 and just got destroyed by the Jets with Isaiah Crowell running for 219 yards (!!!) and a touchdown on 19 carries. And Bilal Powel added 99 yards on 20 carries. The Broncos got trampled.That defense was supposed to be the Broncos’ strong point, so giving up that kind of yardage to anyone, let alone a mediocre Jets team, has drained all the hope from Broncos fans. Even less hope than Raiders fans, despite the Raiders having a worse record and losing to them this season already.I guess when you expect too much from the start, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. That’s why we do our best to keep our readers grounded. Sugar is nice, but it burns away and then you crash hard. Follow @LeviDamien

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..