headerimg

schedule toughens.Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick

in Balance Discussion Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:46 am
by elaine95 • Farseer | 399 Posts | 3990 Points

Antonio Brown became a Patriot on Monday. On Monday night Dwayne Allen Jersey , Tom Brady discussed with Jim Gray of Westwood One whether and to what extent Brown can contribute right away.“That’s definitely a challenge, that’s just the time of the year and we are going to deal with those from now to the end of the season,” Brady told Gray. “We are just going to deal with those the best way we can. You’d love to have a training camp or an offseason to learn, but that’s just not our reality and we are going to do the best we can possibly do with the time that we have.”To get Brown ready, Brady will help accelerate the learning curve.“Yeah, you know we’re going to meet as much as we possibly can,” Brady said. “I think that quarterback-receiver relationship is so important. The more you know each other the more you know what each other’s thinking, the faster you can accelerate the trust and confidence in one another when you get on the field. I have that with a lot of guys that I played with certainly with the guys that are on the roster now, Julian [Edelman] Womens Vincent Valentine Jersey , Phillip Dorsett, Josh [Gordon]. You saw that last night. But when you haven’t played with guys, you got to try to do it as quickly as possible, and the clock is ticking on us right now. This is not the offseason program. This is about real games that count and we are going to try and spend as much time as we can together and really get up to speed and lock in with what our roles and responsibilities are.”Brady is entering this new relationship with a blank slate, despite Brown’s various antics.“You don’t judge anything,” Brady said. “I’m not judging anything before I have a chance to go out and practice and prepare. You know, Antonio, meeting him today I really enjoyed being around him, he’s a very smart football player http://www.patriotslockerroom.com/authentic-danny-shelton-jersey , knows how to play the game. He’s been extremely productive. The only thing that I know what we can do is to go out there and work at it to meet and to communicate and get on the practice field and go through things. I’m not buying into any hype or potential. I’m into work. He’s into work and our entire offense is into doing what’s in the best interest for the team and I’m really excited to get to practice on Wednesday.That’s when Brown will first be on the field with Brady. And that’s when the Patriots will first begin to decide whether Brown will be able to go when the Patriots face the Dolphins in Week Two. TEAM TALKPatriots re-sign QB Cody Kessler.Mike Dussault shares the news, notes and locker-room buzz from Monday at Gillette: Turnovers keep coming for Patriots defense.Mike Dussault breaks down the Pats-Browns film, quarter-by-quarter to see what stood out: Patriots ride fast defensive start to victory over Browns.Conference Call Transcripts: Bill Belichick. Julia Pagliarulo reports Dont’a Hightower meets a four-year old boy with Type 1 Diabetes.Press Pass: Jerod Mayo, Joe Judge, and Steve Belichick talk with the media. (1.11 min. video)Inside the Patriots locker room: Robert Kraft’s game ball presentation and Bill Belichick’s speech after win 300. (2.40 min. video)Highlights: Patriots top 10 plays through midseason. (2.52 min. video)WEEI Patriots Monday: Tom Brady - Lawrence Guy - Bill Belichick.LOCAL LINKSDoug Kyed’s Patriots-Browns Film Review: Tom Brady-Julian Edelman connection on display.Matt Dolloff’s The Package Report: Patriots spread it out more than ever in Mohamed Sanu’s debutMichael Hurley serves up some still-warm leftover Patriots thoughts: Tom Brady still displays Hall of Fame form on a weekly basis; The defense gave up a touchdown. It was nothing short of shocking; More.Jerry Thornton shares his knee-jerk reactions to Patriots-Browns: Given the roster turnover on this unit over the past two months, what Josh McDaniels and Tom Brady are getting out it is nothing short of a miracle; More.Chad Finn thinks 27 thoughts on the Pats win over the Browns: The defense was hellacious, especially early on, scoring the first TD of the game; More.Tom E. Curran issues his Pats-Browns preview-review: As expected, the Patriots took care of business against the Browns but there are still several areas to clean up going forward.Dave Brown writes how Browns Nick Chubb ran wild for 131 yards to help the Patriots beat the Browns. “Many observers of the 2018 draft believe that the Browns’ star running back could have helped the Patriots become a winning team Derek Rivers Jersey , and on Sunday the sofa scouts were proven right.”Matt Dolloff notes that despite killer turnovers, the Browns gave the Patriots defense some things to tighten up.Mac Cerullo addresses Sony Michel’s sophomore slump and the acknowledgement of his struggles by Ivan Fears, who believes improvement will come.Doug Kyed reports the Patriots coaches know they have an issue with their rushing attack, and they also sound optimistic that their issues can be resolved.Doug Kyed says it’s amazing it took so long for Mohamed Sanu to find his way onto the Patriots.Evan Lazar hears from WR coach Joe Judge with an update on N’Keal Harry: “He missed a lot of ball from training camp till just recently got back on the field, so there’s a lot of things he had to rework to get back in the flow of things,”Andy Hart offers a Pats stats check-in at the mid-season point.Dakota Randall compares the Patriots and 49ers to determine which defense is better. The 49ers have allowed the fewest yards, but New England has allowed the fewest points in the league at 61. “The Patriots simply hold the edge in too many areas.”Nick O’Malley offers up the Patriots’ message to critics of their weak schedule: ‘There’s opinions and there’s truth;’ truth is, they’re 8-0. /Amen.Matt Vautour talks about the Patriots’ kicking woes: Mike Nugent is 5-for-8 on field goals in four games for New England.David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Tom Brady still wants to play until age 45. /But, but... the tensions! Belichick wants to win without him. He HATES Belichick. He SLAMMED Kraft in the video. He’s selling his HOUSE!Zack Cox notes Tom Brady doesn’t know why everyone keeps talking about his future Womens Cordarrelle Patterson Jersey , “none of it’s brought on by the things I’ve said.”Michael Hurley points out how another Chiefs loss makes the Patriots’ road to the AFC’s top spot even smoother.Matt Vautour point out the Patriots lead the AFC by two games, and the East by 2.5 after eight games.Nick O’Malley issues his Patriots-Browns Report Cards: Defense gets extra recess, Offense has to clean the erasers after class.Mike Reiss notes Jarrett Stidham enjoys learning behind scenes with Tom Brady.Mike Reiss highlights Bill Belichick in his weekly interview with WEEI, leaving the door open to coach into his 70s. “Now that I’m closer to that age, I don’t know.”Nick Goss NFL rumors: 49ers had interest in Mohamed Sanu before trade to Patriots.Nick Goss takes a look at five of the most impactful trade deadline moves in Patriots history.Ty Anderson passes along a report that the Redskins are now open to trading LT Trent Williams.CBS Boston NFL Trade Rumors: Bucs want ‘substantial offer’ for tight end O.J. Howard.Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate discusses the Patriots victory over the Browns. (20 min.)NATIONAL NEWSRobert Mays (The Ringer) The Patriots, the 49ers, and the pursuit of a perfect season.Tyler Lauletta (Business Insider) Bill Belichick would fly coach and put veteran players in first class, and one former Patriot said it was a huge factor in how players judge head coaches. /Good read.Bill Barnwell (ESPN) The Patriots have the best defense in NFL history. Can they really keep it up? /Barnwell is puzzled because “there’s no single clear factor [read ‘superstar’] driving its success” Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Can the Patriots go 16-0? Ranking the teams most likely to ruin New England’s shot at undefeated season.Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The 13 plays that have defined the NFL season, ranked. 1. The Patriots pick off Sam Darnold http://www.patriotslockerroom.com/authentic-patrick-chung-jersey , again.Kyle Hightower (AP) Offensive production increases as Pats’ schedule toughens.Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick on Lamar Jackson: “He’s definitely a problem”.Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Trent Williams on the trading block; More trade deadline news and notes.Will Brinson (CBS Sports) Sorting the Sunday Pile: Browns, Bears coaching miscues, Jimmy G vs. Tom Brady in the Super Bowl?Mike Tanier (Bleacher Report) Gridiron Digest Week 8: Is this Brady and Belichick’s best team ever?Robert Mays (The Ringer) The Starting 11: The futures of the Falcons and Jets and Bears … Oh my!B/R Staff (Bleacher Report) NFL Week 8 Report Card: Is Mayfield or Kitchens to blame in Cleveland?Conor Orr (SI) NFL Trade Deadline 2019: Grading the biggest deals.Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) NFL teams looking for a Super Bowl boost can choose among some aging defensive stars at trade deadline.Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Steelers, Dolphins won’t wear microphones after Sam Darnold “ghosts” controversy.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..