headerimg

The Cowboys, though, likely will want a draft pick

in Off-topic discussion Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:39 am
by linchao • Farseer | 342 Posts | 3420 Points

Dolphins coach Brian Flores met with the media at his Friday press conference and the main topic of conversation was his decision to start Josh Rosen at quarterback against the Cowboys this week.Among the questions was what persuaded Flores to make that call after saying Ryan Fitzpatrick remained the starter earlier in the week. Flores couched that statement by saying “right now” and said that Rosen’s work over the last few days swung things in the other direction.“I think he saw an opportunity and jumped at it in practice really well. . . . His development’s very important to me so I never wanted to throw him in there too quickly. I do think he’s ready Taco Charlton Jersey White ,” Flores said.Flores said Fitzpatrick was disappointed, but that he has stepped up to help Rosen prepare for the start in a way that Flores called “impressive.” Flores was also asked about Rosen taking on the job for the long term. He said there’s potential for that to happen, but wants the quarterback only focused on this week because you “lose a little bit of right now” if your eyes look too far down the road.Any thoughts of long term could be squashed along with Rosen if the offensive line continues to struggle as it has over the first two weeks. Flores said he’s confident that it will be better and Sunday will show if he’s right or not. The Cowboys are deep on the offensive line. They’re deep on the defensive line.Thus, it should come as no surprise that the Cowboys have gotten calls from teams interested in trading for one of the team’s linemen.“We do get calls on both offensive and defensive lines,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Wednesday. “We’ve made that a priority over the years Amari Cooper Jersey White , and it’s a strength of ours, and some teams are interested in it.“Yeah, I think there’s a possibility for sure that we could move somebody.”The Cowboys, though, likely will want a draft pick Womens Michael Gallup Jersey , and not a player, in return.“I will say this: This is about as good as we’ve felt about our roster in a long, long time, but you never say never on being able to find something that can improve you,” Jones said. “Certainly Demarcus Lawrence Jersey , we’ll be looking for that. One of the problems we’ve got right now is spots are tight. We’re uncomfortable obviously with some people we may have to expose out there, and that’s part of it. As I said, hat’s off to Will [McClay] and his staff and Jason [Garrett] and his staff. We’ve done a good job I think of putting together a really solid football team right here. But we’ll look for ways to get better, and certainly if we can pick up some picks here at the midnight hour that make sense for us, we’ll do that. too.”

I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..