headerimg

Lastly, he stated that he was the right person

in Maps Discussion Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:34 am
by zhangzk • Farseer | 137 Posts | 1370 Points

Patrick Mahomes has never lost an NFL game as the starting quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs Wes Martin Jersey , beating the Broncos last season and the Chargers and Steelers to start this season.He's also never started a game at Arrowhead Stadium.That moment comes Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, and it's one that Mahomes has thought about ever since the Chiefs traded up to select him 10th overall last year.Because as much fun as it was to win a trio of games on the road, performing for his home fans figures to be quite a party."I'm extremely excited," Mahomes said. "I can't wait to run on the field and hear them roar."You can bet there will be plenty of noise for Mahomes, given the way he's performed two games into the season. He's tossed an NFL-record 10 touchdown passes, has yet to throw an interception, and he already has Chiefs fans wondering whether this is the season their playoff nightmares end."Remember, it's only been two games," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. "I understand the excitement. I get it. But when you're in the grinder like he is, like I am 鈥?the rest of the team 鈥?you don't worry about all that other stuff. You worry about a really good team coming in here."Besides, the 49ers (1-1) have a fairly high-profile quarterback of their own.Jimmy Garoppolo was perfect in five starts to finish last season, and while he's had trouble with interceptions the first two weeks, he's also a big reason why San Francisco won a shootout against the Lions last week. Garoppolo threw a pair of touchdown passes in the 30-27 victory."I think it's good to have a mindset of you hold yourself to a high standard," he said Womens Bryce Love Jersey , "so when you do that, you want to perform at your best. You try to not make any mistakes."Mahomes and Garoppolo each had time to learn that lesson under quarterbacks that rarely make an error: Alex Smith with the Chiefs last year and Tom Brady when Garoppolo was with the Patriots."I think it's tremendous for a quarterback to sit his first year," Garoppolo said. "You kind of try to put yourself in that situation, how to learn from it, what you would do if you were in the spot they were in. There's a ton of things that you could benefit from."Such as how to win in a tough road environment like Arrowhead Stadium.Or in the case of Mahomes, how to win in one of the most favorable home venues in the NFL."I know he's looking forward to it," Reid said. "Should be a heck of a game."SPREADING THE WEALTHThe Chiefs have already had three different receivers with 100-yard games, while running back Kareem Hunt is coming off a 75-yard rushing performance against Pittsburgh.In other words, the Chiefs may boast the deepest, most versatile set of skill position players in the NFL."We can all contribute to the game, no matter how many targets, no matter how many yards," wide receiver Sammy Watkins said. "We're really about winning. That's all we're about."STEPPING UPThe 49ers faced questions at running back after projected starter Jerick McKinnon went down with a season-ending knee injury a week before the opener.Second-year back Matt Breida has filled in nicely and leads the NFL in rushing after two weeks with 184 yards."A lot of people thought this year that I wasn't going to get as much playing time as I did last year," Breida said. "It sucks that Jet went down https://www.theredskinslockerroom.com/authentic-terry-mclaurin-jersey , but I feel like me and (Alfred Morris) are going to be able to help this team out a lot and have a great year."GETTING DEFENSIVEThere should be points-a-plenty on Sunday. The Chiefs are allowing 430 yards passing and 508 yards per game, last in the league, while the 49ers are in the 20s in each of the statistical categories. San Francisco is also minus-2 in turnover margin.FOSTER RETURNSSan Francisco figures to get a big boost on defense from Reuben Foster, who was suspended for the first two games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse and personal conduct policy.The linebacker excelled in 10 games when he was healthy last season, showing an ability to shut down the running game and the athleticism to guard running backs and tight ends.Those skills could be crucial this week against Hunt and tight end Travis Kelce.LOCKDOWN SHERMANOpposing quarterbacks are staying away from 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman, even as he comes back from last year's season-ending Achilles' tendon surgery. Sherman has allowed one catch in 99 coverage snaps and only been targeted four times, according to Pro Football Focus."Sherman is a very instinctual player," Mahomes said. "They have a big defensive line. It's going to be a big challenge, especially our first home game. We just have to keep getting better." Redskins media and fans finally had their their request granted to hear from team president Bruce Allen nearly one month after the final game of the season. It was a lengthy interview; however, the answers given by Bruce Allen left a lot to be desired. A summary of Allen’s responses at the Senior Bowl paints a picture of what the front office is feeling about the state of Washington. Obvious, optimistic, indistinct, and lastly misleading. Obvious: Bruce Allen made clear that there is a possibility that Alex Smith can come back in 2019 and contribute to the Washington Redskins. The Redskins also likes quarterback Colt McCoy, and they believe that he will be ready before the off-season programs. Bruce Allen also stated that the 2018 season was a roller coaster (for obvious reasons now) and Washington needs to find better players. When asked about the #FireBruceAllen movement Montez Sweat Jersey , Allen stated that the fans want to win. Optimistic: The Redskins are very optimistic that Alex Smith can return from injury and contribute to the team. Jay Gruden will have the opportunity to build his staff (which he is currently doing at Redskins Park) and hopefully have a healthy team for 2019. Lastly, the Redskins goal is to “build the best sports stadium in the world and “we believe that is going to happen.”Indistinct: Allen did not state that the Redskins were looking for another quarterback, although they met with a few quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl already. Allen also stated that Greg Manusky was in the meetings with new potential defensive coordinators; however, it was more of a meeting of the minds in his view in an attempt to “find a winning combination of 2019.” Allen stated that in 2019 the fans would see a significant change in as a result of the new business executives to replace Brian Lafemina and his team who were shown the door less than one year into their tenure with Washington. Misleading: 7-9. Allen mentioned the record of 7-9 multiple times throughout his interview to remind the public essentially that “it is not as bad as you think, we are almost there!” Allen insists that the Redskins were close, only being two games out of “it,” past couple of years and need the talent to get over the hump. Allen also believes that the team had great promise that were hamstrung by late-season injuries.for his job because he is as passionate as the fanbase is; however, nothing to note regarding on the field success statistics during his tenure. For just over 500 days people have waited to speak to the Redskins brass and were granted the opportunity to speak with Bruce Allen for a lengthy amount of time. He exited the press conference leaving many stakeholders just as agitated as they were before him speaking. Allen did not come off as transparent or honest in any sense regarding the current reality of the team’s circumstances. The questions asked were tough and fair, no doubt about it; however, Allen gave responses that were short and once again, left a lot to be desired. He plans to speak again around the time of the combine, but lower your expectations if you are expecting a great interview from a savvy media man such as Allen.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..