headerimg

ennett and a 2020 seventh-round pick. That’s the kind of move the Patriots love.In fact, since 2014

in Balance Discussion Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:23 am
by elaine95 • Farseer | 399 Posts | 3990 Points

A promo for Sunday night’s game between the Patriots and Packers features Michael Jordan musing about who is the greatest quarterback ever while hyping a rare matchup between Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.Brady acknowledges that it is fun to debate such matters Womens Byron Cowart Jersey , but notes that it is ultimately “a hypothetical question that is truly impossible to answer.” Brady did say that Rodgers has “every skill you need to be a great quarterback” and that the Packers quarterback provides him with a push to be the best player he can be.“What he鈥檚 done as a quarterback, I think it is is inspiring, even for me,” Brady said on WEEI. “I watch his game and it makes me want to get out there and practice and improve because I think he鈥檚 so phenomenal with the way he manages himself in the pocket and his ability to throw the football is unlikely anyone probably in the history of the league. It鈥檚 pretty awesome to watch.”Brady said that he is sure that Sunday’s game in New England “will come down to the wire.”The only other meeting between the two teams with Brady and Rodgers starting came in Green Bay during the 2014 season. The Packers prevailed 26-21 behind two Rodgers touchdown passes and a seven-yard completion to Randall Cobb on third down that allowed them to run out the clock in the fourth quarter. When the Patriots acquired defensive end Michael Bennett last month Authentic Byron Cowart Jersey , they did so by trading their 2020 fifth-round pick to the Eagles for Bennett and a 2020 seventh-round pick. That’s the kind of move the Patriots love.In fact, since 2014 the Patriots have made 14 trades that involved a veteran player switching teams for swap of draft picks within two rounds of each other, according to the . That’s by far the most such trades in the NFL; no other team has even made seven such trades.In addition to Bennett, the Patriots acquired Kyle Van Noy and Jason McCourty White Drew Bledsoe Jerseys , two key players on their defense, that way. Last year the Patriots acquired offensive tackle Trent Brown in such a trade, they got a good year out of him and this year he left for free agency, getting a big contract from the Raiders that will net the Patriots a third-round compensatory pick next year.Bill Belichick understands that the difference in talent between a fifth-round pick and a seventh-round pick isn’t much Drew Bledsoe Jerseys 2019 , so he doesn’t mind moving down on the third day of the draft if he can pick up a veteran player in the process. Those types of trades are one of the reasons the Patriots manage to stay on top of the NFL, year after year.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..