headerimg

ker room. Hopefully I can be an age

in Balance Discussion Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 am
by elaine95 • Farseer | 399 Posts | 3990 Points

The NFL went from eight minority coaches to four after this hiring cycle. Brian Flores Womens Nat Moore Jersey , introduced as the Dolphins’ new head coach, was the only minority coach hired.“It’s important to be an example for other minority coaches, not just in this field,” Flores said, via Cameron Wolfe of ESPN. “That’s something I take seriously Jordan Phillips Jersey , and I’m going to do my best to make sure that other minorities get the same opportunity.”Flores praised the Fritz Pollard Alliance, which recommended 11 minorities for consideration. Besides Flores, Cowboys secondary coach/pass defense coordinator Kris Richard, Eagles assistant head coach/running backs coach Duce Staley and Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy were among those also on the list.NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said at his annual state of the league press conference last week not to judge the Rooney Rule based on one hiring cycle.The league, though http://www.thedolphinslockerroom.com/authentic-jesse-davis-jersey , is placing an emphasis on expanding the league’s pipeline of minority coaches in key assistant positions.“We believe that is something that is critical for us moving forward, to continue the progress we’ve already had,” Goodell said. The Dolphins are trying to create a Patriots-like culture, that much is clear.And the first of what figures to be many former Patriots to move to South Florida made it clear upon his arrival that his job is more than catching passes and making blocks.Via Adam Beasley of the , tight end Dwayne Allen said he plans to try to add a presence the Dolphins that they may have lacked in the past.“Obviously Womens Cordrea Tankersley Jersey , I would like to say that I’m a positive presence in the locker room,” Allen said. “I definitely know how culture is developed and enforced on the players in the locker room. It’s set by the head coach and reinforced by the guys in the locker room. Hopefully I can be an agent of change in that respect.”After hiring coach Brian Flores and a number of assistants with Patriots ties, the emphasis was clear. Making Allen their first major acquisition (with a two-year, $7 million contract) underscored the plan.The 29-year-old Allen has been a blocker lately, with just 13 receptions the last two years in New England. But he had 80 catches and 15 touchdowns the previous three seasons with the Colts William Hayes Jersey , so there’s a possibility he could become more of a factor in that area.“It’s my hope to go out there and prove that I can be an every-down player,” he said. “I think my time around the league has displayed my ability to do things really well.”The Dolphins need all the help they can get, as they try to build something resembling their division rivals.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..