headerimg

Brett Favre likes what he sees from a couple of the NFL’s

in General Suggestions Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:40 am
by liny195 • Farseer | 261 Posts | 2610 Points

bright young quarterback stars.Favre says Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield and Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes are the two quarterbacks in the NFL today whose playing styles most remind him of himself.“There’s no question that the sky is the limit for Baker https://www.brownsfanshop.com/hats ,” Favre told Nate Ulrich of the . “And, yeah, I think his style of play, and I’ve heard the same thing about Mahomes, and I agree with both Cleveland Browns Hoodie , that their styles of play — if you had to pick a former player — would certainly match up to my style.”Favre says he sees Mayfield and Mahomes going beyond how the play was drawn up when the circumstances call for it, and he likes to see that.“It’s a play-action fake that you’ve never seen before or a flip, underhand pass or diving over three defenders or ducking your head and getting the extra yard,” Favre said. “Those are the type of things that are the unexpected that will become, at some point https://www.brownsfanshop.com/James-Burgess-Jersey , maybe expected with a guy like Baker or Mahomes. Playing [quarterback] the way I played and the way Baker and Mahomes play is they just kind of have that added little sixth sense.”That is high praise from a Hall of Famer, but based on the early returns from Mahomes and Mayfield, that praise is justified. Running back Duke Johnson reported to Browns minicamp on Tuesday, but he’d still prefer to be somewhere else.Johnson requested a trade earlier this offseason and he told reporters at the team’s facility that his return to work does not signal a change on that front. Johnson said, via multiple reporters Jim Brown Color Rush Jersey , that he does not feel wanted by the Browns because they were shopping him before he made his request and that he’d prefer to be with a team that does want him on the roster.Johnson said he’d prefer to be dealt now rather than during the season so that he can get acclimated to a new team and does not feel there’s anything the Browns can do to change his mind. There’s been no sign that the Browns are pushing to make a move, however.While Johnson is clear on thinking that a move off the team is the best thing for him, he said he won’t be disgruntled if the Browns don’t trade him to another club. Nick Chubb is set to be the starting back in Cleveland with ex-Chief Kareem Hunt on track to join the lineup after an eight-game suspension to open the season.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..