headerimg

The large novelty check that 49ers receiver

in Maps Discussion Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:34 am
by zhangzk • Farseer | 137 Posts | 1370 Points

Marquise Goodwin received for winning the “40 yards of gold” competition isn’t worth the cardboard it’s printed on. At least not until Friday.Daniel Kaplan of TheAthletic.com reports that event organizers have instructed competitors not to try to cash their checks until Friday Chuma Edoga Jersey , July 5.“In regards to the tweets about payouts, everyone received their checks,” co-organizer Charles Stewart told Kaplan via email. “We instructed them that they would be able to cash it by Friday.”Per Kaplan, Stewart didn’t explain the reason for the delay, and Stewart wouldn’t confirm whether the total prize money of $2 million hinges on money made via the $39.95 pay-per-view earnings.An unnamed agent who represents one of the competitors expressed concern to Kaplan regarding the six-day delay between the event and payment http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trevon-wesco-jersey , calling it a “complete joke.”“I have been suspicious this whole time, but that’s a lot of money to pay out for a first-time event,” the unnamed agent told Kaplan.Event organizers consistently have claimed that they have an investor, but they consistently have denied to name the investor. (Maybe they also were advised to not cash the check from the investor until Friday.)Whatever the reason, and even if the money is indeed paid on Friday (or ever) Clelin Ferrell Jersey , it’s the latest misstep for an event that (in my opinion) hasn’t been marketed or otherwise handled in an optimal way. For example, Stewart has flat-out refused to acknowledge that “40 yards of gold” isn’t the first event of its kind — even though NBC televised the competition 11 times, with Hall of Famer Darrell Green winning the thing on four different occasions.“It’s not his idea,” Stewart told Ben Fischer of regarding Bob Basche, who conceived the competition. “I never even saw his event. . . . I’m not acknowledging anything he did. Whatever he did was whatever he did in his time. I wasn’t watching. I don’t know what he did.”I don’t know what Stewart gains from having such a gratuitously combative attitude toward an event that no longer exists. It would have cost nothing to embrace the concept; it actually could have helped stir a little nostalgia and perhaps persuaded enough people to support the event so that the checks could have been cashed immediately after they were written. LONDON (AP) — Tottenham signed midfielder Tanguy Ndombele for a club-record 60 million euros ($68 million) as the English club ended 18 months of transfer inactivity on Tuesday.The 22-year-old France international moved from Lyon http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-jacobs-jersey , which could receive 10 million euros ($11.3 million) more if Ndombele achieves certain targets at the club that reached the Champions League final last season.Ndombele, a dynamic central midfielder, was the second signing of the day by Tottenham, which also brought in 18-year-old winger Jack Clarke from second-tier Leeds.Clarke was the first acquisition by Spurs since Lucas Moura joined from Paris Saint-Germain in January 2018. He will go back to Leeds on loan for the duration of next season, having played 25 times in all competitions — 20 as a substitute —since making his senior debut in October.The fee paid for Ndombele comfortably exceeds Tottenham’s previous record — the 49 million euros ($55.3 million) to Ajax for Colombia center back Davinson Sanchez in 2017.Released by French team Guingamp in 2014 Johnathan Abram Jersey , Ndombele started his professional career at Amiens before initially joining Lyon on loan in 2017. The move became permanent last year. He made 96 appearances for Lyon and was handed his senior international debut for France in October.Ndombele has played six times for France.Arsenal also made its first signing of the offseason on Tuesday, bringing in 18-year-old Brazilian forward Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano on a long-term deal.Gabriel was called up to the full Brazil squad for a training camp in May ahead of the Copa América.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..