headerimg

Former Packers General Manager Ted Thompson built a champion.

in Maps Discussion Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:22 am
by zhangzk • Farseer | 137 Posts | 1370 Points

But when it was his turn to be honored http://www.steelerscheapauthenticstore.com/diontae-johnson-jersey-cheap , he downplayed his own role in it.Thompson was inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame last weekend, only the second G.M. to earn that honor (Ron Wolf’s in the one in Canton as well).“You look at all the great players who’ve come through here, they are idols,” Thompson said during a video which was part of the ceremony Justin Layne Jersey , via Richard Ryman of the . “I’m not one of those people. I’m just a scout.”While he might minimize his own contributions compared to the 161 names that came before him in the team’s Hall, he was instrumental to putting together a team that went to the playoffs eight straight years �? the longest such streak in Packers history �? and won a Super Bowl.“What to me stands out is the consistency,” Packers team president Mark Murphy said. “It is hard to win one year in the NFL. Everything is designed to make it that way.“You couldn’t ask for a more ethical person. He was a tireless worker. It was never about him. It was about what was best for the Packers organization.”Thompson was never much for making statements when he was running the team, and his remarks Saturday were limited to: “This is a great honor. I appreciate it more than you can ever know. This means a lot to me http://www.steelerscheapauthenticstore.com/benny-snell-jr.-jersey-cheap , and I can say, ‘Go Pack Go.'”And even if he didn’t want to make it a big deal, Thompson was a big part of making that team go for more than a decade. The number worn in Buffalo by Hall of Fame running back turned notorious double-murder suspect turned eventual convict on indirectly-related charges O.J. Simpson has been reissued, decades after Simpson last wore it. The decision to give Simpson’s number to running back Senorise Perry was met with no reaction by the current players Zach Gentry Jersey , according to coach Sean McDermott.“I would say if you polled most of the players they probably wouldn’t even realize it, honestly,” McDermott told reporters on Tuesday. “But we did talk about it as a leadership group for sure.”McDermott explained that the number is back for a very simple reason: Perry wanted it.“It’s something we did talk about when it was brought up by [Senorise] Perry and we know it was a number that was important to him and his family, and so we felt like we would honor that request Chris Lindstrom Jersey ,” McDermott said. “We definitely vetted it out and talked about it.”The Bills have only three retired numbers: No. 12 for Jim Kelly, No. 34 for Thurman Thomas, and No. 78 for Bruce Smith.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..