headerimg

on’t come back.�? That’s the truth. I did tell him that.�? Bell has declined to participate in voluntary work this offseason, an

in Balance Discussion Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:36 am
by elaine95 • Farseer | 399 Posts | 3990 Points

Wide receiver Jordan Lasley never got on the field during his rookie season with the Ravens and the 2018 fifth-round pick’s stay with the team ended on Wednesday http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/jachai-polite-jersey , but he’ll get another chance to get his NFL career going in Oakland.Field Yates of ESPN reports that the Raiders have claimed Lasley off of waivers a day after Lasley was dumped from the Baltimore roster. That decision came a day after Lasley got in a practice fight with defensive back Cyrus Jones and threw a football into a pond near the practice field after catching a touchdown.Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said those incidents didn’t lead the team to cut Lasley, who Harbaugh said was not as good a fit for the team’s revamped offense as other receivers bidding for jobs this summer.Lasley may face the same fate in Oakland. Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams, J.J. Nelson, Ryan Grant Chuma Edoga Jersey , fifth-round pick Hunter Renfrow and undrafted rookie Keelan Doss all joined the team this offseason while Marcell Ateman and Dwayne Harris both return from last year’s team. Players know Organized Team Activities are voluntary, but Jets defensive tackle Steve McLendon thinks teammate Le’Veon Bell should volunteer to attend. McLendon, who previously played with Bell in Pittsburgh, said he encouraged Bell to show up to offseason work after Bell signed.“I talked to him and I told him, ‘You understand this place is different than Pittsburgh http://www.newyorkjetsteamonline.com/trevon-wesco-jersey ,’�?? McLendon said, via NorthJersey.com. “I said, ‘You need to get back so you can understand the quarterback and the situation.�? . . . I told him, ‘The media is gonna get you if you don’t come back.�? That’s the truth. I did tell him that.�? Bell has declined to participate in voluntary work this offseason, and despite his own preferences Alexander Mattison Jersey , McLendon thinks all will work out in the end.“I know there’s been a lot of people saying, ‘Why is he not here? Because he was paid,’�?? McLendon said. “Listen, man, he’s not an All-Pro http://www.minnesotavikingsteamonline.com/dru-samia-jersey , Pro Bowl running back for no reason. Sometimes people prepare differently. Would we love him here? Yes. But when he comes here and he’s rocking and rolling and helping us get to where we want to go this season, ain’t nobody going to be thinking about it. And I know I’m not.”If having Bell there is important, perhaps the Jets should have put substantial workout bonuses in Bell’s contract to ensure he’d show. The failure of former Jets G.M. Mike Maccagnan to do that is now someone else’s problem.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..