headerimg

The Texans’ nine-game winning streak is over.

in General Suggestions Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:13 am
by liny195 • Farseer | 261 Posts | 2610 Points

The Colts stayed alive in the AFC South race and also kept the Titans’ hopes alive with a 24-21 victory in Houston.The Texans are 9-4 Jabaal Sheard Jersey , with the Titans and Colts at 7-6 with three games remaining. The Titans and Colts close out the regular season at Tennessee.Houston had a chance to pass New England, which lost on the final play in Miami, for the second seed in the AFC. Now, it still needs help with the Patriots holding the head-to-head tiebreaker.But the Texans have to worry about winning the division first.Indianapolis’ showing Sunday was quite a rebound from last week when it lost 6-0 to Jacksonville. The Colts trailed 7-0 after the first quarter today, managing only 31 yards.But T.Y. Hilton owned the Texans yet again, with nine catches for 199 yards.Andrew Luck completed 27 of 41 passes for 399 yards with two touchdowns and an interception. The Colts averaged 6.6 yards on 66 plays, gaining 436 total yards.The Colts held Lamar Miller to 33 yards on 14 carries.Deshaun Watson went 27-of-38 for 267 yards and a touchdown. DeAndre Hopkins caught four passes for 36 yards and a touchdown. INDIANAPOLIS — Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard keeps collecting draft chips.He figures it gives him better odds to hit it big.One year after moving back three spots in the first round and making four second-round selections, Ballard did it again Thursday, sending the No. 26 overall pick to the Washington Redskins for two second-round picks. Indy will now select at No. 34, courtesy of last year’s deal with the New York Jets, at No. 46, thanks to the Redskins Pierre Desir Color Rush Jersey , and at No. 59 — their own pick — on Friday, plus they’ve added the Redskins’ second-round pick in 2020.“It was just a chance to pick up a 2020 second-round pick, we thought the value was good and we thought there was still good enough value to be there in the second round to move back,” Ballard said. “We think the ability of having three seconds, we thought that was the strength of how we had it lined up.”It’s all part of a plan.Ballard knew it would be difficult to replicate last year’s successes. He had five picks in the first two rounds, found starters with each of his first three choices and Indy’s first two selections — left guard Quenton Nelson and linebacker Darius Leonard — became the first rookie teammates to become first-team All-Pros since Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus with the Chicago Bears in 1965.At Monday’s pre-draft news conference, Ballard told reporters that the Colts had eight players targeted in the first round. And though he acknowledged some were still available when Indy went on the clock, he still opted for Plan B: Moving out of the first round for better value in the second.In fact, he hinted at the prospect of a trade when he joked with reporters that he might not speak again until Friday.“I kind of had a feeling (Monday), I don’t know why,” he said. “Sometimes you just have a feeling. I had a feeling we would have a chance to get out and it would be the best thing for us long term.”He may not be finished dealing, either. In three seasons with the Colts https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Kemoko-Turay-Jersey , he has now made eight trades involving draft picks, though he knew this one might not be well-received.“We’ve got a room full of people, we’ve got you all sitting here, I get it, everyone wants you to pick a player,” he said. “But I’m pretty patient. I don’t panic, we don’t panic, we stay true to what we’re looking at on the board.”The Colts now have 10 picks this weekend including their own third-rounder, No. 89 overall, on Friday.100<button class="view-gallery">View Gallery</button> Gallery:View from the sidelines: NFL cheerleaders 2018Raj Mehta-USA TODAY Sports | Raj Mehta

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..