headerimg

The final practice of the Senior Bowl is in the books as

in General Suggestions Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:30 am
by liny195 • Farseer | 261 Posts | 2610 Points

the teams concluded practice today. It was a good final practice where a lot of players showed their best stuff on the last day. The practices are more valuable than the games because the scouts can really see how these players play in different situations so this was the real final test for these players.Today I was able to watch both the North and South practices and get my eyes on as many players as possible so here are my stock up and stock down reports on some Senior Bowl players this afternoon.Stock UpWR’s Deebo Samuel and Terry McLaurinThe top two receivers of Senior Bowl week continued their dominance today. It started early with McLaurin (Ohio State) dominating the one on one reps in the morning practice and continuing his dominance of being simply uncoverable. He has truly put on a route running clinic this week and his athleticism is so impressive up close. Samuel (South Carolina) was amazing today. He put on an absolute show in the 7 on 7s and solidified himself as a top 50 player in this draft class for me. Great week for these two guys.Tight Ends Dax Raymond and Trevon WescoThe tight end group has been incredible in Mobile this year— which is quite indicative of the entire tight end class— and they showed out again today. Raymond (Utah State) is a big player who is so smooth as a mover. He is an impressive route runner too and made quite a few plays in one on ones and 7 on 7s. Wesco (WVU) has been superb all week and is a silky smooth player for his 275 pound frame. He is an excellent blocker and makes excellent cuts. Throw in that he has soft hands and Wesco will make an NFL team very happy. Both of these guys were excellent today.WR’s Penny Hart and Travis FulghamSamuel and McLaurin are both big name guys but what about the small schoolers? Hart (Georgia State) has been outstanding all week and he capped off a great week with an even better day today. He is so smooth out of his cuts and has no wasted movements in his route running. Fulgham (Old Dominion) is a bit bigger of a receiver and won with his route running and physicality today. With their small school status both of these guys have needed big weeks. I think they are risers after this week in Mobile.OT’s Chuma Edoga and Andre DillardDillard came into the week with the expectation that he would dominate. What has resulted is the best offensive tackle performance in Mobile this year. Dillard (Washington State) has dominated players all week with excellent footwork and hand usage. He really wears defenders down and is really an impressive tackle. Edoga (USC) is a bit lesser known of a player but really made a name for himself this week. He is a bit skinny and will have to add some weight but he moves really well in space and has impressive length. He shut down players all day in one on ones yet again. These two definitely improved their stock this week.DB’s Will Harris and Amani Oruwariye It wasn’t all glory for the receivers all day as two defensive backs had solid days. Safety Will Harris (Boston College) looked good in one on one’s John Simon Color Rush Jersey , especially when intercepting a pass intended for Andy Isabella early in the practice. In 7 on 7s, his drops were solid and he looked comfortable in the box too. Amani Oruwariye (Penn State) was having a bit of a down week until a strong performance today. He looked good mirroring receivers off of the line of scrimmage and was competitive at the catch point. After a pretty quiet week of practice, he needed a strong day like today.RB Dexter WilliamsThe running back group has had a fairly rough week. Nobody has really stepped up and the group just hasn’t looked great. All except for Dexter Williams (Notre Dame) though. He has looked excellent in the team sections of drills and runs with a ton of power and downhill energy. His ability to plant his foot and get upfield has been really impressive all week. I’m quickly becoming a big fan of his game.Stock DownSafety Nasir AdderleyI wasn’t the biggest fan of Adderley coming into the week and I didn’t come away super impressed. He is really twitchy and a great mover from the single high safety spot. My biggest question though is if he can offer more in terms of man coverage or run defense. I honestly didn’t see positive impact in those areas this week. To add to that I think his instincts deep aren’t great and I’m not in love with him as a player. Good, rangy safety but this week pulled me away from any thoughts of first round talk.Every QB not named Drew LockOutside of Drew Lock— who was excellent in every interview and got better each day of practice— the quarterbacks really struggled all week. Trace McSorley is not an NFL player, Ryan Finley and Gardner Minshew don’t have the arms or velocity to be starters, Will Grier is really inaccurate and struggles on the move https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Chester-Rogers-Jersey , and Tyree Jackson is a major major project. Tough week for the QBs and they struggled in every facet. DBs Kris Boyd and Juan ThornhillThis week has not been too kind to defensive backs at all. Two big name guys that I thought really struggled were cornerback Kris Boyd (Texas) and safety Juan Thornhill (Virginia). Boyd is a good athlete and a stud in the run game. He is just so bad in coverage. He struggles with instincts, anticipation, and technique and really can’t stick in coverage. Thornhill hasn’t really had a terrible week but he looks really limited as a mover and struggled in man coverage a lot. A quiet week along with showing he is only a two deep player is a tad concerning for his stock. Darius Leonard Breaks Jerrell Freeman’s Single-Season Rookie Tackle RecordIndianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard broke Jerrell Freeman’s team rookie record for tackles in a single season on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.Colts are a team nobody wants to face in playoffs after blanking Cowbo - Indianapolis Colts Blog- ESPNThe Colts still have work to do to clinch a playoff spot, but a dominant defensive effort and strong run game proved how dangerous they could be.Marlon Mack proving Colts don't need another running backMack racked up 139 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries against a vaunted Dallas run defense that entered Sunday's game ranked No. 3 in the NFL.Colts: 10 ways Indy's 'unreal' D corralled Zeke and the CowboysColts turn lights out on Cowboys offense in most dominant performance of seasonColts Shutout Cowboys By Beating Them At Their Own Game | 1070 the FanSunday’s 23-0 shutout victory over the Cowboys was the exact blueprint that coaches dream of late in the season. A look into how the Colts got it done in Week 15.How did the Colts shut out the Cowboys? ‘We broke their will’ – The AthleticTime and again, the defense rose to the occasion to demoralize the Cowboys and, because of that Antonio Morrison Jersey , the Colts are now just a stone’s throw from qualifying for the postseason.Kravitz: Anybody want to face the red-hot Colts in the postseason? Nope, I didn’t think so – The AthleticA week after subduing a Houston team that had won nine straight games, Indy shut down and shut out the hottest team in the NFC.Colts’ notebook: Big day for Marlon Mack, T.Y. Hilton inspired by Tyler Beikes | FOX59INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Marlon Mack saw it early. You know, the possibility of a big day against one of the NFL’s stingiest run defenses. On the Indianapolis Colts’ third offensive play Kenny Moore Color Rush Jersey , Mack took a handoff from Andrew Luck around the right side of the line, shrugged off a tackle attempt by co...Bend but don’t break? Darius Leonard-led Colts get rare shutout at expense of Cowboys | FOX59INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – It was all but wrapped up, one of those rare games in today’s point-crazy NFL when one team has a bunch and the other zilch. And Darius Leonard knew it. How could he not? The Indianapolis Colts’ gifted rookie linebacker had Quincy Wilson barking in his ear.Marlon Mack Gashes One Of League’s Top Run Defenses In Win Over CowboysIndianapolis Colts running back Marlon Mack ran for a career-high 139 yards on 27 carries in the Colts’ 23-0 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.Colts Remain In The Hunt In Chase For Postseason SpotThe Indianapolis Colts took care of business Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys, keeping them in the hunt for a playoff spot with two games to go. What are Indy’s continually-evolving chances of earning a trip to the postseason?Colts dominate Cowboys 23-0 and are closing in on the playoffsThe Colts have won seven of their last eight games and looking to be the second team since 2002 to make the playoffs after a 1-5 startColts, Titans heading toward a Week 17 playoff play-in game – ProFootballTalkWhen the Colts and Titans meet in Tennessee in the final week of the season https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Jeremiah-George-Jersey , it may be essentially a playoff game. That's because the Colts-Titans Week 17 game could easily put the winner in the playoffs and keep the loser home. Here's what would need to happen in Week 16: 1.5 Things Learned: Colts End Another Long Winning Streak, In Shutout Over Cowboys | 1070 the FanFor a second straight week, the Indianapolis Colts (8-6) ended the NFL’s longest win streak. What happened in the Colts’ 23-0 shutout over the Cowboys (8-6)?Colts blank Cowboys behind odd couple of Frank Reich, Matt EberflusJosh McDaniels did the Colts a favor by hiring defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus and forcing the Colts to take a second look at coach Frank Reich.By The Numbers: Colts 23, Cowboys 0Check out a list of stats and notes from the Indianapolis Colts’ 2018 Week 15 victory over the Dallas Cowboys at Lucas Oil Stadium.COLTS MEDIA

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..