headerimg

Our list of things every fan of the scouting

in Balance Discussion Mon May 27, 2019 9:16 am
by laiyongcai92 • Farseer | 152 Posts | 1520 Points

Our list of things every fan of the scouting combine should be looking forward to."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 2016 NFL DraftInjuriesFree AgencyGame FilmNFL Combine5 Things to look for at the Scouting CombineOur list of things every fan of the scouting combine should be looking forward to.ESTShareTweetShareShare5 Things to look for at the Scouting CombineKim Klement-USA TODAY SportsIt’s here! It’s finally here! The 2019 NFL Scouting Combine kicks off today as head coaches and general managers will meet with media at the Indiana Convention Center. From there it only gets better.Player interviews 2019 Mike Edwards Jersey , live broadcasts, workouts and more! All will be covered from just about every angle imaginable.So, for fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - or fans in general really - what should you be looking forward to the most? Here are the five things you should be watching for above all else when things get rolling in Indianapolis.5. COACHES AND GENERAL MANAGERSFor Tampa Bay fans, any chance to hear Bruce Arians talk about football and winning is one which should be taken.This week is no different, and if anything it’s an occasion to listen even closer. The team has a lot of questions surrounding the NFL Draft and some of it’s more notable players.Guys like Gerald McCoy and DeSean Jackson will be discussed surely, and if there is a trade made at any point in the off-season, you can almost be assured it either started or gained steam here.Oh, and then there are the prospects. Which ones are they keeping an eye on, which positions are they super focused on, and of course which answers are truth and which are lies!?You never can trust everything you hear this time of year, and it’s part of what makes the darn thing so much fun.4. KYLER MURRAY INTERVIEWSI don’t care if you’re a fan of the guy or not, or if your team needs a quarterback or not. Kyler Murray is entertaining.Sure, he’s answered the question about whether or not he’ll play football or baseball or both. But, has he really made up his mind? One false word or hesitation on an answer and the drama will ramp right back up to 100!If your team doesn’t need a quarterback, you should be thankful they aren’t in the middle of trying to untangle this twisted web of intention and commitment. Instead, you can just sit back and watch every awkward moment with your Michael Jackson popcorn GIFs in hand.3. DE-FENSE!!!Experts have said it, analysts have said it, even Bruce Arians himself said it. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are focused on getting better defensively above all else.Yes, the running game is hopefully getting better and yes the offensive line will get better. But if everything else fails, the defense is the focus of the conversation.But does it mean the Bucs will draft defense in the first round? Nobody knows. What we do know is there are a lot - A LOT - of defensive prospects who can reasonably contribute to an NFL roster in 2019.And they’ll all take the field on Sunday, March 3rd and Monday, March 2nd to show off what they can do.Make sure you tune in if you can, because there’s going to be a ton of talent on the field for those days. If you can only catch one of them though DaQuan Jones Jersey , make it Sunday.2. BUCS NATIONThat’s right, this year Bucs Nation is on ground in Indianapolis to cover the scouting combine from up close and personal. James Yarcho and I will make the draft nerd pilgrimage to land of Lucas Oil to bring you as many news and notes as we possibly can.Of course we’ll comment about some of the same things everyone else is, but what we can do is bring you to the building. Have a question or thought you’d like satisfied? Hit up either one of us here or here or even here, and we’ll do the best we can to make sure the Nation gets their answers.Then, check out the Locked On Bucs Podcast where we’ll be laying down our thoughts on the day that was and what we hope to learn from the following day.1. RUN RICH RUNBrian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsI mean, let’s be real, this is the reason we all tune in to the scouting combine coverage every year anyway.NFL Network’s own Rich Eisen has been running the 40-yard dash in his network best four what will be his 15th year. Why? To support the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.In a press release from the league, Eisen commented on what the event means to him,What the NFL is asking fans to do is video themselves running the 40-yard dash and sharing the clips online. This, along with donating directly will ensure the message is loud and clear in support of combating childhood cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.It’s a great event and a wonderful way to cap off the week’s events.So, there you have it. The five things every fan should be looking forward to at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine. Come back regularly during the week to catch up with everything going down in Indianapolis!Todd Monken Addresses Media Before Saints Match-Up Todd Monken has his work cut out for him ahead of the week one match-up in New Orleans. He’s working with a backup quarterback, his starting left tackle is injured, and they’re playing a solid defense on the road.Not the most stellar hand to be dealt.Monken, however, shows no fear regarding Ryan Fitzpatrick taking the snaps in place of Jameis Winston, and knows that Fitz has proved himself as a viable starter in the past that has won games for the Buccaneers;“Well I don’t think it’s very big at all. We went 2-1 last year with Fitz as our quarterback. It’s a team game. We’ve got to play well around him. I thought we played well around him last year. I think we’ve played well around him in the preseason, so I don’t see that at all as an issue,” Monken said.The Buccaneers’ chances may be slim, but they aren’t impossible. A lot will hinge on the defense’s ability to create pressure, Peyton Barber’s ability to control the clock with solid runs, and my X-Factor’s ability to take advantage of the one-on-one looks he will get. Monken knows this and had nothing but glowing things to say about wide receiver Chris Godwin;“Well, he’s big, fast Lee Roy Selmon Jersey , smart, physical, the consummate pro, takes care of his body, always studying the game. He knows all the spots on the field, so it gives him an opportunity to take advantage of his skillset. That’s really what it does. He’s improved steadily from the time he got here until now and you guys have seen it. We’ve seen it and he’s a good player.”At the end of the day, it’s all about the swagger the Buccaneers have. They can’t walk into the game with the same concerns and fears the fans have. They can’t be worried that they aren’t good enough without Jameis Winston. They can’t be worried that the defensive line won’t be improved enough to pressure Brees. They can’t be worried that the corners are going to be dissected by the Saints’ receivers. They have to know that they have every bit the chance to win as the Saints do - and that whoever wins this game is going to earn it.Monken is more than confident in his offense’s ability to put up points and stand toe-to-toe with the best in the league - as long as they don’t shoot themselves in the foot;“Well, first, as I talked about, is the turnovers. I think that’s the start. That’s where it all starts. I think as you mentioned, the weapons: Chris Godwin’s a year older, O.J. Howard’s a year older, we brought Cam (Brate) back, I think Mike’s (Evans) played better, Hump (Adam Humphries) is a year older, our O-line, bringing Ryan (Jensen) to the mix. So I just think – Caleb Benenoch a year older – that’s probably as much as anything, just you still have the same core guys that are you older players, but I the think the younger players are only going to continue to get better.”Now, if only we knew that Monken was going to call the plays...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..