headerimg

www.lionslockerroom.com

in Balance Discussion Fri May 24, 2019 5:32 am
by hongwei28 • Farseer | 57 Posts | 570 Points

Yesterday http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-deshawn-shead-jersey , we noted that no one knows what the hell is going on with the Detroit Lions. On a week-to-week basis they’ve been one of the most unpredictable teams in the league. After this week’s trade of Golden Tate, the team is even hard to figure out. Do they truly believe in the players remaining in the locker room and think they can still compete in a tight NFC North? Or did they see the writing on the wall and value the future much more than the present?One thing we do know is that the next stretch of game will absolutely determine their 2018 fate. Sitting at 3-4, Detroit likely need to get themselves to at least .500 before the final four games of the season—meaning they need to win three out of their next five. But take a look at those five games:at Vikingsat Bearsvs. Panthersvs. Bearsvs. Rams Three division game—two on the road—and home contests against the 5-2 Panthers and 8-0 Rams. So today’s Question of the Day is: What will the Lions’ record be in their next five games?My answer: 2-3. I’m not foolish enough to go game by game and try to figure out which contests they win, but outside of the Rams game, it wouldn’t completely shock me to see the Lions win any of these games. That being said, I think they don’t match up particularly well with any of them. They could just as easily go 1-4 or http://www.lionslockerroom.com/authentic-tavon-wilson-jersey , yeah, even 0-5. It’s a terrifying stretch of games, and if the Lions don’t get their act together soon, it could be over before Thanksgiving. Your turn. Which Lions draft pick are you still frustrated about?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsNFL DraftDetroit Lions PollsNFL Open ThreadsTuesday open thread: What was the Detroit Lions’ worst 2019 draft pick? New,33commentsWhich Lions draft pick are you still frustrated about? EDTShareTweetShareShareTuesday open thread: What was the Detroit Lions’ worst 2019 draft pick? Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsOn Sunday, we discussed our favorite picks from the Detroit Lions’ 2019 NFL Draft class. Unsurprisingly Jalen Reeves-Maybin Jersey White , the fifth-round selection of Penn State cornerback Amani Oruwariye was the most popular choice, seeing as it addressed a prime need and also was tremendous value for a player many media scouts had as high as a second-round projection. What was a little more surprising was the pick that came in second: tight end T.J. Hockenson. For all the cynicism we’ve heard from some of the most vocal fans, it turns out people were generally okay with the pick. But now it’s time to turn our attention to the least favorite picks. No general manager is going to hit on every selection in a draft, and there are bound to be some disappointments. So today’s Question of the Day is:What was the Lions’ worst 2019 NFL Draft pick?My answer: I’m sure the most popular answer will be Jahlani Tavai, and for good reason. He represents a significant risk and probably has the biggest chance of Detroit’s top three picks to bust.However, I’m going to talk about the Lions’ fourth-round pick Austin Bryant. While some of the tape I’ve seen on him is promising Womens Quandre Diggs Jersey , there’s a lot to not like about the pick. Though he projects to likely back up Devon Kennard—something this team needed—I’m not so sure I’m feeling good about his ability to do so any time soon.His college production—at least 15 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks in each of his final two years—is fantastic, but that’ll happen when you’re lined up next to some of the best defensive linemen college football has to offer. Bryant is not very athletic, and doesn’t really possess any pass-rushing skills. His best attribute is his long arms, something head coach Matt Patricia clearly values a lot. And while that helps him set the edge well, his lack of athleticism sometimes allows players to get to the outside anyways. Oh, and he’s coming off surgery for a torn pec. There’s less inherent risk with a player like Bryant Barry Sanders Jersey , seeing as he’s a fourth rounder, but I was hoping the team was going in a different direction—like snagging the next player that came off the board, Arkansas guard Hjalte Froholdt. Your turn.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..