headerimg

Houston Texans Jersey

in Maps Discussion Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:03 am
by huangjian123 • Farseer | 342 Posts | 3420 Points

ATLANTA (AP) — Ronald Acuna’s chance to extend his three-game streak of leadoff homers was put on hold when the Marlins‘ Jose Urena hit him with his first pitch on Wednesday night Michael Wacha Jersey , triggering a melee that led to benches and bullpens for Atlanta and Miami emptying twice.Urena and Braves manager Brian Snitker were ejected. Snitker had angry words for the pitcher as he led the first exodus from Atlanta’s dugout toward the mound.Urena’s fastball hit Acuna’s left elbow, leaving Acuna in obvious pain. Trainer George Poulis hovered over Acuna, who sat on the ground near the batter’s box while players swarmed near the mound.The Braves said X-rays on the elbow were negative and results of further tests would be announced on Thursday.The Braves won the game 5-2 to complete a four-game sweep.Snitker believed Urena intended to hit Acuna with the pitch.“I’ll be honest with you. I’m not sure I’ve ever felt like that in a baseball uniform,” Snitker said. “That was just my emotion. That kid didn’t deserve that.”Urena’s fastball was timed at 97 mph.“Fastest pitch he’s thrown all year and it was clearly intentional and it wasn’t right,” Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman said. “Hopefully some things are done about it.”Order appeared to be restored until Acuna walked near the mound on his path to first base, took off a shin guard and tossed it to the edge of the mound. That led to players again spilling out of both dugouts and bullpens. No punches were thrown.Snitker was ejected by third-base umpire Paul Nauert, the crew chief. After the melee calmed down, the umpires huddled and then home plate umpire Chad Fairchild ejected Urena and warned both benches. That led to a protest from Marlins manager Don Mattingly.Following a long delay to allow right-hander Elieser Hernandez http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-ozzie-smith-jersey , who replaced Urena, to throw his warm-up pitches, Acuna remained in the game to run the bases.But Acuna’s stay was short-lived. He left in the top of the second, walking off the field after taking his position in left field. Snitker said Acuna’s forearm was cramping when he left the game in the second inning.Because he was forced from the game after being hit by the pitch in his only plate appearance, Acuna will be eligible to continue his streak of leadoff homers in his next game.Urena has a history of control problems. Entering the game, he was tied for second in the National League with 10 hit batters. He tied for the major league lead with 14 hit batters in 2017.The 20-year-old Acuna entered the game on a rare power streak. He hit two homers in Tuesday night’s 10-6 win over the Marlins. He became the first player to hit leadoff shots in three straight games since Baltimore’s Brady Anderson led off with homers in four straight games in 1996.He tied the Atlanta record of five straight games with a homer, set by Brian McCann in 2006.Adam Duvall replaced Acuna in left field. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Phillies‘ acquisition of Asdrubal Cabrera last month didn’t draw much attention. The bigger story, it seemed Albert Pujols Jersey , was the organization’s decision not to part with key prospects to make a big splash at the trade deadline.Cabrera, though, has showed in the past couple of days that he may be the needed bat to help propel the youngest team in the majors to an unlikely division title.Cabrera hit a tiebreaking two-run homer in the eighth inning and the surging Phillies completed a four-game sweep of the Miami Marlins with a 5-3 victory Sunday.“He just looks like a guy that’s been there and done that,” Phillies manager Gabe Kapler said of the 32-year-old switch-hitter. “The big situation seems like it fits him very well.”Cabrera, acquired in a July 27 trade with the New York Mets, crushed a 2-0 cutter from Drew Steckenrider (3-2) into the second deck in right field for his 20th homer and his second in as many days.“When you do something like I did today to help the team win, you feel good,” Cabrera said.Pat Nehsek (1-0) pitched a perfect eighth and Tommy Hunter worked the ninth for his second save as the Phillies overcame a mediocre outing from Aaron Nola for their fifth straight win. Philadelphia improved to an NL-best 38-18 at home and maintained its 1½-game lead over Atlanta atop the NL East.“What I see from this team is they fight every inning http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-stan-musial-jersey ,” Cabrera said. “They never put their head down.”Derek Dietrich hit a two-run home run off Nola and Justin Bour tied it with a solo shot off Seranthony Dominguez in a three-run seventh for the Marlins, who have dropped six straight and 10 of 13.“When we needed a big out or a big hit this series, we weren’t able to do it,” Miami manager Don Mattingly said. “I think we’re better than this.”The Phillies took a 3-0 lead on Odubel Herrera’s two-run single and Maikel Franco’s RBI single in the sixth.On a 90-degree day in which the Phillies’ 2008 World Series-winning team was honored, Nola didn’t have his best stuff and was lifted after Dietrich’s 14th homer with no outs. Nola allowed seven hits and two walks while striking out two as he was denied his 13th win.“It was a grind for me,” Nola said.Marlins starter Dan Straily surrendered only one hit but was replaced after 5 1/3 innings following five walks and a hit batter that pushed his pitch count to 103. Herrera and Franco then delivered ground singles off lefty Adam Conley.TRAINER’S ROOMPhillies: SS J.P. Crawford (broken left hand) had a scheduled day off in his rehab. He’s set to play full games Monday and Tuesday for Class A Clearwater. . RHP Pedro Florimon (broken right foot) said he was pain-free after a morning workout while wearing a brace.CHEERING 2008Jayson Werth acknowledged that the “elephant in the room” was how he’d be greeted during the 10-year reunion of Philadelphia’s last World Series title. Werth went from hero to villain after leaving for divisional rival Washington.Werth was cheered and later rode with the Phillie Phanatic in his four-wheeler.Ryan Howard, Brad Lidge, Jamie Moyer and Jimmy Rollins also attended.HARPER & PHILLYWerth was asked what he’d tell former Nationals teammate Bryce Harper if the impending free agent inquired about the Phillies.“I think he’s already asked me about Philadelphia Roger Maris Jersey ,” Werth said.After joking it would be tampering if he revealed what he told him, Werth relented.“It’s a great place to hit. I’ve always loved hitting here,” Werth said. “I think I’ve shared that with him, among other things about this place.”HANDICAPPING WITH MATTINGLYAfter playing the Nationals, Braves and Phillies in consecutive series, Mattingly was asked to size up the NL East race. He believes the Phillies have a better rotation than the Braves but thinks the inconsistent Nationals are the most talented and “most capable of getting on a run.”UP NEXTMarlins: LHP Wei-Yin Chen (3-8, 5.86 ERA) was pushed back a day to start Monday night at Marlins Park against St. Louis RHP Luke Weaver (6-9, 4.75). And for good reason. Chen’s home ERA is 2.18 http://www.stlouiscardinalsteamshop.com/authentic-matt-carpenter-jersey , compared with 10.27 on the road. “We’re not going to try to explain it,” Mattingly said. “We’re going to try to ride it.”Phillies: RHP Jake Arrieta (9-6, 3.32) starts Monday night against Arizona RHP Zack Godley (12-6, 4.46) in a matchup of division leaders that kicks off a six-game trip.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..