headerimg

DeAndre Hopkins has made a lot of great catches

in Balance Discussion Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:39 am
by laiyongcai92 • Farseer | 152 Posts | 1520 Points

in his time with the Houston Texans Authentic Deshaun Watson Jersey , but his latest one might be his best.The 49-yard catch and run that included two nifty spin moves and set up the winning field goal in overtime against Dallas has inspired memes and internet tributes.It also caused a tough night for Buffalo coach Sean McDermott, whose team visits Houston on Sunday."I didn't sleep much (Sunday) night because of watching that," he said.It was the talk of Houston's locker room this week with everyone from players to coaching raving about the play where he evaded several would-be tacklers to help the Texans to their first win over the Cowboys since 2002."It was crazy," receiver Will Fuller said. "I was right in front of him. I saw the whole thing. I think Hop is the best there is, so just to see that live is just great."Hopkins, who was drafted by the Texans in the first round in 2013, said it was probably the best catch of his career."I think so because I set my team up for the win," he said.Houston's defenders, especially the team's defensive backs, watched the play with amazement, thankful that they aren't tasked with covering the two-time Pro Bowler.Texans safety Tyrann Mathieu said when a receiver makes moves such as Hopkins did on that play there's really no way to defend him."I don't think you can stop it," he said. "At that point it's just him doing him. He's going in slow motion, everything is just moving slow for him and it's tough."Hopkins, who signed a five-year http://www.houstontexansteamonline.com/deshaun-watson-jersey , $81 million extension before last season, loved the videos made about his catch and was particularly amused with one that showed him spinning past a ballerina. He said he doesn't really think about or practice the spin moves, they're just something that comes naturally in certain situations."Just instinctively," he said. "All it takes is a glance sometimes for you to know where someone is. Playing football for so long, you kind of anticipate the hit like that."Coach Bill O'Brien wasn't as concerned about the flashy aspect of the play as everyone else, but he was pleased to see him add yards to the catch with such a nice run."He's really worked hard over the last five years ... (on) running after the catch, and he's really done a good job of that," O'Brien said. "I think in the past couple games we've had close to 300 yards of yards after catch, and he has a lot of those."The only criticism some people had about the play was the security of the ball as Hopkins held onto it with just one hand through part of the run. But Hopkins has such large hands that he insisted that the ball was perfectly secure even when he wasn't holding onto it with both hands."Sometimes me holding it in one hand is stronger than some people holding it with two," he said.The play is the highlight of a strong season for Hopkins, who leads the NFL with 594 yards receiving. He's had three 100-yard games this year and has surpassed the 150-yard mark in each of Houston's past two games.Second-year quarterback Deshaun Watson loves playing with Hopkins and enjoyed watching him make that play on Sunday."I'm always impressed with the things he does," Watson said. "He's a talented guy ... he just continues to get better each and every year, but that's something that he really expects of himself and I expect him to do the same thing."And Watson knows that he can always count on Hopkins when the team needs a big play."Just give him the opportunity to make a play and he's going to make that play, and that's what he did Sunday night Deshaun Watson Jersey Elite ," Watson said. While it’s usually premature to rank a year’s draft haul prior to season’s end, you’d be hard pressed to find someone who doesn’t think new Houston Texans new general manager Brian Gaine didn’t provide an immediate upgrade over drafts of recent memory. While Gaine was incredibly handicapped by decisions former GM Rick Smith made, having no first or second round pick didn’t stop the Texans from landing some premiere talent and immediately adding starters. Let’s take a look at what’s come to pass so far in H-Town:Round Three: Justin Reid, SafetyTaking the field in place of the temporarily absent Andre Hal, Reid has immediately put his name in the Defensive Rookie of the Year hat. He’s started eight games so far, delivered 60 total tackles (48 solo), forced and recovered one fumble, corralled three interceptions (including one he ran back for a 101-yard touchdown), and made clutch play after clutch play. Reid, along with Tyrann Mathieu, Kareem Jackson and the triumphantly returning Andre Hal, is part of the best safety corps the Texans have ever had, bar none. Round Three: Martinas Rankin, Offensive LinemanThe jury is still out on Rankin Youth Kareem Jackson Jersey , who suffered a broken foot in preseason practice, and then took over for Julien Davenport for a few games at left tackle, with fairly disastrous results. It’s never easy to evaluate a mid-round offensive lineman early on, so Rankin might still produce, but so far he’s provided more questions than answers. It’s premature to use the label “bust,” but if there is one in the draft class, Rankin is it right now.Round Three: Jordan Akins, Tight EndIt’s been so long since the Texans have had a solid tight end, it almost seems like a myth that they ever did. Now, not only do they have one, but two, affectionately known as the “Jordan Twins.”Akins, along with sixth rounder Jordan Thomas, have provided a glimpse of what Houston’s offense can do with quality tight end play. Let’s just call Akins TE1 for the next decade.Round Four: Keke Coutee http://www.texansauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jadeveon-clowney-jersey , Wide ReceiverCoutee has been nursing a hamstring injury all season, but when he’s been moderately healthy, he’s shown flashes of record-setting brilliance a la Will Fuller V. Once next season rolls around and Coutee, DeAndre Hopkins, Fuller, and Demaryius Thomas all take the field with a clean bill of health, Houston’s passing attack is going to be lethal.Round Six: Duke Ejiofor, Defensive EndIt’s almost a clich茅 at this point that Houston will land a studly defensive lineman and/or linebacker in each draft. Ejiofor has a motor like J.J. Watt, a slipperiness similar to Whitney Mercilus of years past, and an uncanny nose for the ball like Jadeveon Clowney. All that from a third day draft pick.Round Six: Jordan Thomas, Tight EndAs mentioned earlier, Thomas has managed to contribute far more than one would expect from a sixth-round tight end. With 14 catches and four touchdowns (including two against the Dolphins), Thomas has already proven he deserves to be TE2 over incumbent Ryan Griffin.Round Six: Peter Kalambayi, LinebackerHere’s where Gaine finally seemed to slide into roster depth territory. Kalambayi hasn’t seen much action but seems to be a solid bench guy Houston can pull onto the field to spell starters when necessary and late in games where they have a comfortable lead.Round Seven: Jermaine Kelly Authentic Whitney Mercilus Jersey , CornerbackIt’s hard to grade Kelly at all, as he hit the Injured Reserve list on September 3rd. But, if he’s the only guy Gaine drafted who doesn’t contribute in any meaningful way in 2018, you really can’t knock Gaine at all. It’s hard to state this is the best draft in recent memory, but it is tempting to say that. As with all drafts, looking back requires time and distance to really see them in full context.Armed with a much better suite of draft picks in 2019, Gaine should be able to properly stock the offensive line and add more depth in other areas. As of this moment, the Texans have at least one pick in every round (with two in the second).Based on their current season trajectory, they will pick in the bottom portion of each round. However, considering what Gaine pulled out in the third round and beyond last year, Houston should be sitting pretty next summer.What do you think? Are you ready to anoint Brian Gaine as the best general manager in Texans history? Lamenting the loss of Rick Smith? Don’t care either way as long as the Texans destroy the Colts this week?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..