headerimg

legal affairs before a stint as interim

in Balance Discussion Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:37 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

TORONTO - Skip Prince has thrown his hat into the ring to be the next CFL commissioner. Nike Free Australia Outlet .The Canadian Press has learned the former Montreal Alouettes executive has expressed an interest in the CFLs top job. Two league sources said Thursday that Prince has contacted the search committee mandated with finding commissioner Mark Cohons successor.CFL spokesman Jamie Dykstra wouldnt confirm either Princes interest or Tom Anselmis candidacy for the commissioners job. There have been reports that Anselmi, the former Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment boss, has been approached about the position.Jim Lawson, the chairman of the CFL board of governors, has stated on the record that we have excellent candidates and the search for the next commissioner is going well, Dykstra said in an email. Out of respect for the process, the selection committee has agreed to not comment on who those candidates may or may not be.Cohons final day as commissioner is Jan. 9, with Lawson scheduled to take over on an interim basis until a replacement is hired. Lawson also heads up the search committee and said last month during Grey Cup week in Vancouver he was hopeful Cohons successor would be in place by April.In August, Cohon announced he wouldnt seek a contract extension to remain on the job after his current deal ended in April 2015. The 48-year-old Chicago native succeeded Tom Wright as CFL commissioner in 2007 and signed a three-year contract extension in 2012.Prince, 61, a native of Richmond, Va., served as Montreals president and chief executive officer from 2002-03. The Alouettes won the Grey Cup in 02, ending a 25-year drought.Prince was on the leagues search committee that hired Wright to replace Michael Lysko, who was fired as commissioner by the board of governors in 2002. After leaving the CFL, Prince served as an adviser to the league before starting his own consulting firm in 2004.Prince is currently the principal of The Prince Companies, which provides consulting services in the sports and entertainment industries. But the former CFL executive has an impressive sports resume.Most recently, Prince served as the senior associate director of athletics at the University of Texas. His responsibilities included developing the marketing, strategic development and branding initiatives for the Division 1 school.Prince arrived at Texas following six years as the president and commissioner of the United States Hockey League.Prior to joining the Alouettes, Prince spent nine years as a vice-president with the NHL (1991-2000), looking after its television coverage and business operations. He was also a vice-president for the parent company of the L.A. Kings.Prince also helped develop and syndicate the Arena Football League in 1986, serving as its head of business and legal affairs before a stint as interim commissioner.Prince attended Yale, where he played football and basketball before graduating in 74. Hes also a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law. Wholesale Nike Free Australia . - Mark Sanchez found out the New York Jets had acquired Tim Tebow on a conference call with team management. Cheap Nike Free Australia .com) - Stephen Currys jumper with 3. http://www.cheapnikefreeaustralia.com/ .ca. Kerry, In Mondays Habs/Bruins game, there were three questionable/brutal calls against the Habs late in the game - Tomas Plekanec, then Douglas Murray, then Brendan Gallagher.Toronto Maple Leafs forward Carter Ashton has been suspended 20 games for violating the NHLs performance-enhancing substance policy. The suspension is accompanied by mandatory referral to the NHL/NHLPA Program for Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health for evaluation and possible treatment, per an NHL release. Ashton will forfeit $169,185 during the suspension. The 23-year-old Ashton released a statement regarding the suspension, claiming he suffered an asthmatic spasm in late August during summer training and was given an inhaler by another player. Ashton kept the inhaler and used it a second time early in training camp after another asthma attack. Unfortunately, I incorrectly assumed that there were no problems associated with the use of this inhaler and I used it without checking to see whether its contents were permissible under the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program, Ashton said in his statement. I now recognize that I ingested Clenbuterol, a prohibited substance, through the inhaler. However, at no time was I seeking to gain an athletic advantage or to knowingly violate the terms of the program. I used the inhaler in response to exerrcise-induced asthma, a condition that my doctor with the Toronto Maple Leafs has since diagnosed and he has prescribed me with an inhaler. Nike Free Australia Sale. . Ashton has been held pointless in three games with the Maple Leafs this season, spending the majority of the season to-date in the Leafs press box. As a professional hockey player, I recognize that I am responsible for what I put into my body, and I will not appeal my suspension. While I am extremely disappointed that I have let my teammates, our fans and the Maple Leafs organization down, I will work very hard during my suspension to stay in game shape so that I can help out the team when I am able to return.” Team President Brendan Shanahan released a statement Thursday, backing the Leagues decision. He added that no further comments would be made out of respect for Ashton and the process involved. Acquired from the Tampa Bay Lightning at the 2012 NHL trade deadline, Ashton has spent parts of the past three seasons with the Maple Leafs, registering three assists in 50 games. He was originally selected in the first round (29th overall) by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..