headerimg

holes to stretch his lead to six shots

in Balance Discussion Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:28 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

NEW YORK -- Trying to boost one of the weakest lineups in the American League, the New York Yankees acquired third baseman Chase Headley from the San Diego Padres on Tuesday for rookie infielder Yangervis Solarte and minor league pitcher Rafael De Paula. Air Jordan 6 Ireland Online . Headley arrived at Yankee Stadium right around game time Tuesday night and was in uniform shaking hands with his new teammates in the dugout during the top of the second inning. Before the game, New York manager Joe Girardi said he hoped Headley would be available off the bench. After that, hell become the everyday starter at a spot thats been a question mark for the Yankees all year following the season-long suspension of Alex Rodriguez. "I dont think were getting a big thumper," general manager Brian Cashman said. "But I do think were getting an upgrade and a professional at-bat." The 30-year-old Headley, drafted by the Padres in 2005, can become a free agent after this season. The switch-hitter was batting .229 with seven homers and 32 RBIs but has a .339 average with six extra-base hits in 13 games since July 4. He was a Gold Glove and Silver Slugger winner two years ago, when he had a huge second half and hit .286 with 31 homers and an NL-leading 115 RBIs. He moves from a cavernous ballpark in San Diego to a homer haven in the Bronx, and the Yankees think that can help him. "You look at his last month, its been really productive. Hes swinging the bat pretty well," Girardi said. "We feel that hes in a pretty good place." Cashman said he thinks an epidural injection that Headley had toward the end of June has a lot to do with his recent improvement. Headley had been playing through a herniated disk in his back. "Once he had the epidural, it seems like its had a huge impact," Cashman said. "Hes a rental for the next two months." As part of the deal, the Padres will pay $1 million of the $3,968,443 remaining on Headleys $10,525,000 salary this year. "Ive seen Chase grow up," San Diego manager Bud Black said in Chicago, where his team was preparing to play the Cubs. "To say farewell is a tough one. Hes meant a lot to the organization." With an injury-ravaged pitching staff missing four starters, the Yankees began the day 50-48 and four games behind first-place Baltimore in the AL East. They added Brandon McCarthy to the rotation this month, obtaining him in a trade with Arizona. But its the offence thats been a major problem -- New York ranked 13th out of 15 AL teams in runs with 391. "We just keep trying to find different ways to upgrade," Cashman said. "Were open to anything." The punchless Padres (43-55) are selling off pieces and trying to build for the future even as they look for a new general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired June 22. In the interim, senior vice-president for baseball operations Omar Minaya and assistant general managers A.J. Hinch and Fred Uhlman Jr. are handling GM duties. Cashman said he spoke mostly with Hinch about the Headley deal, as well as Minaya. "It was a move that we felt was needed to move this organization forward," Hinch said in Chicago. "We thought the return was right. For 64 games of Chase Headley, we knew that the time was coming for us to move in a different direction." San Diego also traded All-Star closer Huston Street to the Angels on Friday in a six-player deal that netted four minor league prospects. The 27-year-old Solarte was an extremely pleasant surprise early in the season as Rodriguezs replacement. The switch-hitter was batting .336 as of May 14 but has hit .180 since and was sent to Triple-A for a week this month. "He really saved our bacon early this year. When we had a lot of other issues going on, he stepped up and for that were thankful," Cashman said. "But he was a player that had to be in this situation for me to get Chase Headley back." Solarte was scheduled to join the Padres during Tuesday nights game at Wrigley Field, Hinch said. Black said the Padres might play Solarte at second base. "In the last few days, as this has been getting closer, Ive looked at the scouting reports. Ive called around, checked around. This guys a baseball player. This guy knows how to play," Black said. "Well utilize him around the diamond. I like the fact that hes versatile." The 23-year-old De Paula was 6-5 with a 4.15 ERA in 17 starts and three relief appearances this season for Class A Tampa. The right-hander was selected for the Futures Game last year. Cheap Air Jordan 6 Ireland . -- Lindsey Vonn squeezed in a little freeskiing on Thanksgiving morning, a step in the right direction for a return to racing after reinjuring her right knee in a recent training crash. Air Jordan 6 Ireland . On Tuesday, the star questioned whether that was still the case. Speaking to reporters at a charity event, Johnson said: "I just kind of wonder sometimes: Is this still the place for me?" Johnsons comments came after he was asked why he recently skipped a voluntary minicamp. http://www.cheapairjordan6ireland.com/ . Not that Durant cared. The only streak he cares about is still intact.One putt gave Bubba Watson a rare sense of calm. One swing reminded Martin Kaymer he finally had all the shots. One pitch proved to Rory McIlroy he could master links golf.These were not the defining shots from the majors this year.But they meant something special to the winners, and they were tied to lessons from the past.Asked to choose the signature shot of his Masters victory and a shot that was particularly pleasing to him, Watson found both on the same hole and the same day — Sunday on the par-5 13th at Augusta National.With a two-shot lead and six holes to play, he hit driver so outrageously bold and long that it sailed down the left side of the fairway, over the trees and disappeared for a nervous moment until plopping down in the fairway.It could have easily hit a tree and gone the wrong way or dropped down in the creek, Watson said. When you lose the ball over the trees, thats when you get nervous because you cant see it. When you hear the roar of the crowd, you can breathe again.With nothing more than a sand wedge to the green, however, Watson hit it to 20 feet and then left his eagle attempt 6 feet short. And thats when he leaned on his experience from winning his first green jacket.If you go back to 12, the same thing happened, he said. I hit 9-iron in there and left the putt 7 feet short and I made it. That started four (birdies) in a row. It was the same with this eagle putt. I left it way short. I just said to myself, Well, last time you did this you made the putt and won. I knew after that tee shot if I made birdie theyd have to put on a show to beat me.Making that putt was a key moment for me — for my confidence, calmness, everything.Picking out a signature shot for Kaymer isnt easy in an eight-shot, wire-to-wire victory at Pinehurst No. 2. He quickly settled on the par-5 fifth hole Saturday, where he hit 7-iron from a sandy area to an elevated green, the ball stopping 5 feet away for eagle to restore his momentum. He had started with two bogeys in four holes, and had just made a 15-foot par putt on No. 4 to avoid double bogey.Within 15 minutes, to go from a little negative to super, super positive, that was a defining moment for me, he said.But the most satisfying moment?Go back to the fourth hole on Friday, a shot that was insignificant to everyone but Kaymer and caddie Craig Connelly. The German had spent two years retooling his swing to become a complete player, not just the guy who hits a fade. He was in the fairwayy, stuck between clubs. Air Jordan 6 Retro Ireland. Kaymer felt the shot called for a draw.This was a major test.I was 100 per cent convinced I would hit that high draw to 6 or 7 feet short of the pin, Kaymer said. A draw used to be difficult to hit. Nowadays, its not a big problem. But I pulled off the shot and said to Craig, How good was that golf shot? I started it at the right edge of the green. The rhythm was good. It was a crisp hit. The flight was good, 10 feet short of the hole. For me, it was the best shot I hit all week.McIlroy might have won the British Open on Saturday when he made two eagles on the last three holes to stretch his lead to six shots. The lasting image is his swing and pose with than 5-iron into the 18th at Royal Liverpool to 10 feet for eagle.In his eyes, the claret jug wasnt his until he drilled a driver on the par-5 16th hole Sunday to set up a two-putt birdie and take a three-shot lead.But it was the next hole — a par — that he found particularly pleasing.Not a defining moment in the tournament, yet a really important one, he said. My pitch over the bunker on the 17th hole on Sunday was extremely difficult and demanded a lot of feel and control. It was a true links shot I had to make — pick a spot, get the pace right and let it run out to the hole.It was close to perfect.That really felt good, he said.The PGA Championship was the most exciting major. Four players had a share of the lead on the back nine. The shot that ultimately won McIlroy a second straight major was his 9-iron out of a fairway bunker to 10 feet for birdie on No. 17 at Valhalla for a two-shot lead with one hole to play.In his eyes, how he started the back nine Sunday was as important as how he finished.Trailing by three shots, he hit 3-wood from 281 yards to 7 feet for eagle on the par-5 10th that got him back in the game. It wasnt the purest shot McIlroy hit at Valhalla, but he found a small measure of redemption. Remember, McIlroy hit 3-wood over the fence and out-of-bounds in the opening round and made double bogey.That was Thursday, with time on his side. This was Sunday, with time running out.I had taken a 7 at the 10th ... and wasnt sure what I could manage as I stood over my 3-wood on Sunday, he said. And then everything pretty much seemed to change for me after that point. My game had been a little flat, and I couldnt find a spark.Over the next few holes, my confidence grew and I felt I could swing the tournament back in my favour. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..