headerimg

Gerrard to the club in January.

in Balance Discussion Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:21 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

NEW YORK -- Jameis Winston smiled and laughed, posing for pictures with the other Heisman Trophy finalists and the big bronze statue that he is expected to take home. Giovani Bernard Jersey . And when it came time to answer questions from the media on Friday, the Florida State star quarterback did so confidently and without hesitation, even when his protection broke down. Winston and four of the other six Heisman finalists -- Texas A&Ms Johnny Manziel, Auburns Tre Mason, Boston Colleges Andre Williams and Northern Illinois Jordan Lynch -- met with reporters at a Midtown Manhattan hotel for short interviews. Alabamas AJ McCarron was in Baltimore accepting another award. Florida State officials tried to limit questions that were even vaguely related to the rape accusation against Winston. The state attorney closed the investigation last week, saying there was not enough evidence to win a conviction. The 19-year-old, who hasnt spoken directly about the details of the investigation, seemed unfazed by the questions that did come his way. He said he was fine remaining silent about the case. "I knew I did nothing wrong. I knew I could respect the process and Id eventually be vindicated. It was more about me being silent for my family because I didnt want to put my family in those situations. "We had so much respect for Mr. (Tim) Jansen and everything going around and knew I did nothing wrong and everything would be OK." Winston was the only Heisman finalist to show up with his lawyer, Jansen, who strolled in with the Florida State entourage for the media availability. Winston looked like a college student going to class: Black Florida State sweatsuit with garnet trim, and a matching backpack hanging off his shoulders. Winston is the overwhelming favourite to win the Heisman after a sensational season, leading No. 1 Florida State to the national championship game against No. 2 Auburn. But the celebration of his record-breaking performance has been muted by a year-old sexual assault allegation that went from dormant to active last month. The Tallahassee Police gave its finding to prosecutors, who took three weeks to investigate further and decide not to press charges. Documents and reports, including the accusers accounts to police, have been made public. They are less-than-flattering to Winston. On Friday, the accusers attorney, Patricia Carroll, asked Floridas attorney general to independently examine the rape investigation, claiming it was riddled with problems. A few hours later, Winston was taking questions, mostly about football and the Heisman and being in New York city for the first time. He was asked about dealing with "off-field issues" and two other questions that were indirectly related to the investigation. "It was stressful, but youve got to look forward," he said. Soon after, Florida State sports information director Kerwin Lonzo said: "Hes only answering football questions and about the Heisman. Move on." Winston then left the media session too soon. Each finalist was supposed to rotate through three tables of reporters. Winston came back for a second session and Florida State spokesman Elliott Finebloom apologized for the miscommunication. Winston said he had yet to work on an acceptance speech, talked about how he and his mom took Mason out to dinner on Thursday night in Florida, when both were at the ESPNs college football awards show, and how he worked as a scout-team version of Lynch when the Seminoles were preparing to play Northern Illinois in the Orange Bowl last season. Winston would be the second straight freshman to win the award after Manziel last year, and hed be the third Florida State player -- the first since Chris Weinke in 2000. What can he do for an encore next year? "Hopefully," he said, "I can do it over and over again." Alex Redmond Jersey . Huntington doesnt want to help run the club unless Hurdle is in the dugout. The combination thats returned the franchise to respectability will remain intact for years to come. Carlos Dunlap Jersey . Perhaps their first trip to the city of Winnipeg in 16 years can serve as the shakeup they need. http://www.officialcincinnatibengalsfootball.com/authentic-darqueze-dennard-jersey-womens . Beckham finished 2 for 4, adding a double in the first inning. Chicago has won eight of 12 to get back to .500 (27-27). The White Sox are 6-3 against Cleveland this season after losing 17 of 19 to their American League Central rival in 2013. Mike Aviles went 1 for 2 with a walk and drove in Clevelands run.Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to be drawn on whether he will try to lure Steven Gerrard to the club in January. The 36-year-old midfielder confirmed he is parting company with Los Angeles Galaxy at the end of his 18-month contract, which expires at the turn of the year.Gerrard, who won 114 international caps for England, worked with Rodgers for three years when the pair were at Liverpool. Brendan Rodgers gives instructions to Steven Gerrard during a Liverpool match Bookies have made Celtic favourites to sign Gerrard in the January transfer window, while Newcastle, where another former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is in charge, have also been linked with the player.While Rodgers reiterated his praise for the Anfield icon, he insists any business involving recruitment will be conducted in private by Celtic.Rodgers said: I never speculate or speak about players coming into the club. I never have done and dont intend to start now - that will always remain private. Steven Gerrard in action against Celtics Stiliyan Petrov in 2004 The only thing I would say with regards to Steven, he has been an incredible player. I had him for a number of years at Liverpool and he was absolutely brilliant with me.As a young manager going into such a great club, having the captain and real senior player there, to be able to work closely together with him and learn about the club and work together on the field was fantastic. William Jackson Jersey. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price He decided to go to America and Im sure he has had a good spell there. Steven will sit down now and come back and decide what he wants to do.In terms of the speculation, Im not sure where its come from. But players coming into the club will always remain private.Despite Rodgers reluctance to be drawn on Gerrards next move, former Hoops midfielder Murdo MacLeod would love to see the Champions League winner head to Celtic Park. Murdo MacLeod keen to see Gerrard join old club Celtic Speaking to Sky Sports News HQ, MacLeod, who spent nine years with Celtic from 1978, said: Its an interesting one. Listening to Brendan, he is wondering where this has all come from.But he has the connection with him and obviously at some point it would be fantastic to see someone of the quality of Steven Gerrard playing for the club. Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Gerrard: Ive got options Gerrard departs LA Galaxy Where next for Gerrard? Transfer Centre China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..