headerimg

Shurmur’s expectations for Giants OL: “

in General Suggestions Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 am
by liny195 • Farseer | 261 Posts | 2610 Points

That they are going to do a good job blocking” Much of coach Pat Shurmur’s press scrum following the New York Giants Monday practice was devoted to questions about the rebuilt offensive line. So Cheap Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey , let’s focus on that in today’s ‘takeaways.’What does the coach expect at this point?Well, it comes down to Shurmur expects the linemen to be able to do their jobs.“They should be in a position where they block well, run and pass, that’s what we are looking for. The amount of training we have to together, it is what it is. We all have the same. We’re not the only offensive line with changes. We probably have more than some places,” Shurmur said. “We went through this a year ago in Minnesota, it can be done. We have got players that are playing hard, and they’re playing together. We’ll just expect that they are going to do a good job blocking.”Are the Giants settled with the linemen they want to keep?Umm, the answer would be “no.”“I think we are still a little unsettled in terms of determining who that full unit is. There’s a lot of decisions to be made, we’re not done deciding who are going to be the linemen on our 53 http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-alec-ogletree-jersey ,” Shurmur said. “We may keep one more lineman than usual, who knows. We have to figure that out. You always know going through, ‘okay, if we had to play tomorrow, who are the five starters, who is the inside swing guy, who is the outside swing guy?’ Maybe there are games when you keep eight active, depending on what the rest of the roster looks like.”On why he moved the linemen together in the Giants locker room“It’s that big oval shape in the locker room. I think you should sit with your position groups,” Shurmur said. “We’re going to go as far as that line will block for us, I think it’s important that they’re together in everything that they do. Even if they’re sitting next to one another Cheap Jon Halapio Jersey , they may talk about something that happened in practice or in a meeting that they wouldn’t shout across the locker room about, so I think it’s smart to sit with your position groups.”Giants vs. Jaguars: First look at Week 1 matchup How will the New York Giants, a team with a new GM, coach, and more than 30 players who weren’t on the team last season, fare in 2018? We get our first real taste on Sunday when they open the season by facing the Jacksonville Jaguars.That will be a stern test for the Giants. While they are wiping away a 3-13 season, the Jaguars are coming off an appearance in the AFC Championship Game.“We’re playing an outstanding football team, a team that fell one game short of going to the Super Bowl,” Giants coach Pat Shurmur said. “I experienced that last year in Minnesota, so they’ve assembled a very fine football team. They’ve got a quarterback that plays winning football http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-connor-barwin-jersey , they were the number one rushing team in the league last year.”The Giants will have Odell Beckham Jr., Saquon Barkley, Eli Manning, Evan Engram (out of concussion protocol) on the field together for the first time.“There’s just so many weapons all over the place. It’ll be like fireworks out there going off,” said fullback Shane Smith. “Real excited about all those guys getting out there and seeing how the defenses are even going to be able to respond to that.“There should be a lot of mismatches.”The Giants may or may not have defensive end Olivier Vernon, who is “making great progress” in his recovery from an ankle injury, according to Shurmur.The game will also bring Tom Coughlin, now in charge of personnel with the Jaguars, back to MetLife Stadium.“I have certainly heard a lot about Tom and his years here -- 12 years. He helped the organization win two Super Bowls,” Shurmur said. “Prior to coming here Cheap Will Hernandez Jersey , I have a professional friendship with Tom and we’ve been able to communicate. One of the guys I talked to when I was talking to former players and coaches was Tom in the offseason, and I’ve communicated with him a few times in the offseason. I’m going to go to his fundraiser (the Jay Fund Champions for Children gala) on (Sept.) 21st. I have great respect for Tom and what he accomplished, and certainly he left a very, very strong mark on this organization. All good stuff.”The Giants entered the week as 3-point underdogs.Stay with us all week as we bring you all the news, features and analysis you need to be ready this Sunday’s season-opener.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..