headerimg

The Giants scored in the fifth on Brandon

in Balance Discussion Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:35 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

SAN DIEGO -- A 21-game winner only two years ago, Ian Kennedy is starting to look more like his old self. Clark Gillies Jersey . Thats he doing it in San Diego has been a plus for the Padres. "Maybe I just needed a little change of scenery," said Kennedy, acquired in a trade from Arizona on July 31. "The coaching staff, the players, everyone has just made it really easy on me to feel comfortable." Kennedy beat an NL West opponent for the first time in 12 starts this season, pitching the Padres past the San Francisco Giants 4-1 Monday. Kennedy (6-9) gave up one run and five hits over six innings while striking out seven. He is 3-1 with a 4.04 ERA since arriving in San Diego. The right-hander improved to 1-5 with a 4.97 ERA in his starts against NL West teams this year. Huston Street worked a spotless ninth to earn his 26th save in 27 chances as the Padres snapped a three-game losing streak. "I felt like I could throw my fastball when I wanted to and when you work off that, that is how you have successful games," Kennedy said. Padres manager Bud Black noted that Kennedys strikes seldom got too much of the plate. "He got some fastballs in good spots and that was the key in a couple of big situations," Black said. "He had the fastball at the top of the zone and the fastball into the lefties, and the fastball away from them, too. His fastball was around the zone and that was what he had going today." "The changeup and curveball came into play, but not as much as weve seen him use it in other games. When he needed to throw a strike he did. When he needed an out, he got one." Barry Zito (4-11) lost his eighth straight decision. He has won only once in his last 20 starts. Zito was pulled after four innings, allowing four earned runs on four hits and three walks. He fell to 0-9 with a 10.00 ERA in his last 11 starts away from AT&T Park. "Its hard to narrow it down to one thing," Zito said of his road woes. "Normally the splits arent really that bad in one direction." Giants manager Bruce Bochy said Zito started well, then lost his command. "He threw well in the first inning," Bochy said. "Then he had trouble finding the strike zone there and that caused all the problems. Thats what did him in." Kennedy drew one of Zitos three walks in the second. Ronny Cedeno hit an RBI single and Chris Denorfia singled home two runs. Nick Hundley hit his career-high 11th home run in the fourth when Zito elevated an 80 mph slider. "He didnt get it to where he wanted to," said Hundley, who stroked his third career home run off of Zito, his most against any pitcher. "You dont want to miss those kind of mistakes because you dont get them very often." The Giants scored in the fifth on Brandon Belts double. With runners on second and third, Buster Posey hit a two-out liner that third baseman Logan Forsythe reached high to snag. In the eighth, the Giants had the tying run at the plate, but Sandoval and Crawford failed to produce against reliever Luke Gregerson. "That was a little tap dance there, no doubt," Black said of Gregersons performance. "Sandoval is always a tough out, no matter how he is swinging or what the numbers are. Luke threw him an offspeed pitch and he had a big swing and it only went a couple feet. That was great." NOTES: Bochy said RHP Matt Cain will start Saturday against the Rockies after he threw a 90-pitch bullpen session on Monday. Cain has been on the DL with a bruised right forearm. ... LHP Jeremy Affeldt was to throw in a simulated game on Tuesday and Bochy said the team will determine his path after that. Affeldt has missed 41 games with a left groin strain. ... Padres 1B Yonder Alonso will undergo a MRI exam Tuesday on his ailing right hand. ... Padres 3B Chase Headley remains out of the lineup with a sore back. ... The Padres recalled RHP Burch Smith from Triple-A Tucson. Andrew Ladd Jersey . Now the Minnesota Vikings have set their sights on soccer. Robin Salo Jersey .Y. -- As if the worst start in franchise history isnt bad enough, Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black braced his teams win-starved fans for potentially more tough times. http://www.islandersauthority.com/authentic-thomas-greiss-islanders-jersey/ .S. routed Sweden 7-0 Sunday to win its fourth straight title and seventh overall under-18 world championship. Olson earned his third shutout of the tournament and the Americans allowed only four goals in six games to set an International Ice Hockey Federation under-18 record.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Canadian John Axford is out as the Cleveland Indians closer. Indians manager Terry Francona announced the move before Saturday nights game against Tampa Bay. He met with the Simcoe, Ont. native prior to batting practice. Axford is 1-3 with nine saves and a 4.91 ERA in 17 games in his first season with the Indians. He has really struggled in the last week, and was pulled in the ninth inning of Clevelands 6-3 win on Friday night. "We told him, for now, were going to kind of get you out of that role and try to get you in some situations where we can get him on a roll again," Francona said. "I told him numerous times, because I mean it, the goal is to get him back as our closer, and I think he understands that. I dont want him to do it in like two days because I dont want some Band-Aid. I want him when he gets it, to take it and stay there," he said. A group of four relievers that includes Cody Allen, Scott Atchison, Marc Rzepczynski and Bryan Shaw could all get opportunities to fill the role. "The one thing I assured them is that when we get to the ninth, whoevers pitching, were not going to have four guys warming up bbecause we think youre good," Francona said. Adam Pelech Jersey. Axford was signed to a one-year, $4.5 million contract as a free agent in December after pitching for Milwaukee and St. Louis last season. The one-time Brewers closer had 105 saves from 2010-12, and converted 49 straight save chances during a stretch. The Brewers traded an ineffective Axford to St. Louis in late August. Axford became a reliable reliever for the Cardinals down the stretch and pitched for them in the World Series. The Indians hoped the 31-year-old righty would do well replacing former All-Star closer Chris Perez, now with the Los Angeles Dodgers. But Axfords rough patch started last Sunday, when he gave up a three-run homer to Dayan Viciedo in the ninth inning of a 4-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox. The next day, Eduardo Escobar homered in the 10th off Axford and lifted Minnesota to a 1-0 win. Axfords latest tough outing came Friday night. He entered in the ninth with a 6-2 lead, but gave up David DeJesus RBI double with two outs and then walked Ben Zobrist to load the bases. Allen replaced Axford and got a fly ball from James Loney on a 3-2 pitch for his first save. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..