headerimg

ready for the start of the regular season.

in Balance Discussion Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:18 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

CALGARY -- Lance Bouma continued his unexpected scoring prowess Wednesday night with his fourth goal in as many pre-season games. Jerseys NFL Wholesale . Now the Calgary Flames prospect will sit back, wait and hope he did enough to make the team. In the Flames final pre-season test, Calgary fell 3-2 in overtime to the Phoenix Coyotes. Defenceman Zbynek Michalek scored the winning goal. Coach Bob Hartley said the Flames will make several cuts Thursday as they get closer to the 23-man roster they will deploy when Calgary opens the regular season one week later in Washington. "I dont want to go down, Ive played in the minors before, I know what its all about," said Bouma, the Flames third round draft pick in 2008. "I know I can play here so I want to be here, for sure." Due to a serious knee injury, Bouma was limited to just three AHL games last season. That came after a 2011-12 season in which he was called up in January and spent the rest of the year with the Flames. He was a good bet to make the club last year but badly injured his knee in October while playing for Abbotsford (AHL) during the NHL lockout. "For a player that basically missed the entire year last year, Lance showed up in great shape," said Hartley. "We saw him work here last year during his rehab. Hes a very committed young man." Known more as a physical player at 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, Bouma has just one goal on his NHL resume in 47 games. "After missing almost all of last year, its nice to come in and have success offensively. It gives me more confidence on the ice and in the way in the way Im playing," Bouma said. "I feel confident that Ive showed that I can play here, that my knee is fine and I have confidence in it. Hopefully they have confidence in me." Bouma says he wont let the stats sheet change who he is as a player. "I have to be an energy player," said Bouma. "I need to be as physical as possible and get in and forecheck as much as I can. Thats my game and I have to bring that every night." Boumas goal on Mike Smith from a scramble in front was one of two goals in less than two minutes that suddenly tied the game 2-2 halfway through the third period. It wasnt pretty but Hartley says thats going to be the way it has to be with this team this year. "If we can have scoring throughout the lineup, thats going to be very helpful," said Hartley. "I dont think we have one go-to guy offensively that will get 100, 110 points. If we can get scoring from our support guys that will definitely help this hockey club." The other goal for Calgary (4-2-1) was scored by Corban Knight, another young forward who is on the bubble of making the team. Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Shane Doan also scored for Phoenix (3-2-1). The Coyotes finish their pre-season Friday night with a home game against the San Jose Sharks. Mike Smith had 29 saves to get the victory while first-year Swiss goaltender Reto Berra had 22 stops for Calgary. Berra was making his home debut for the Flames. Acquired last year from St. Louis in the package Calgary got in exchange for Jay Bouwmeester, the 26-year-old has played his entire career in Switzerland. He has been locked in a goaltending battle with Karri Ramo and veteran Joey MacDonald. "Its getting better. For sure, the more youre on the ice here, you get more comfortable," Berra said. "I gave everything I had. I think I did pretty good. I think I can play in this league, but its not my decision at the end." Notes: Notable scratches for Phoenix included former Flames David Moss and Derek Morris along with Rostislav Klesla... Not dressed for Calgary were Jiri Hudler (lower body) and Mike Cammalleri (hand), who are both nursing minor injuries. Brian McGrattan also did not play. Hudler and Cammalleri are expected to be ready for the start of the regular season. Stitched Cheap Jerseys . The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder recently signed a new three-year contract with Chelsea, and after spending last season on loan with Valencia in La Liga, Romeu will move to the Bundesliga for the 2014-15 campaign. Wholesale Jerseys Authentic .Y. -- Florida Panthers captain Ed Jovanovski finally has something to show for all the pain he went through in overcoming a string of injuries that kept him sidelined for much of the past two years. http://www.jerseyswholesale.net/ . He was still a kid, going into his senior year of high school. Thursday, the point guard stood in front of a couple dozen members of the media and spoke with poise about how much hed grown since then, and how hes ready for the next level.Running back Ronnie Hillman has signed a one-year contract to return to the Denver Broncos. The NFL Network reported the deal is worth $2m and includes $600,000 in guarantees. Hillman led the Broncos with a career-best 863 yards rushing and seven TDs last season, but he was benched in favor of C.J. Anderson in Super Bowl 50, where he ran five times for zero yards while Andeerson piled up 90 yards in Denvers 24-10 win over Carolina. Wholesale Authentic NFL Jerseys. nderson recently signed a four-year, $18m contract.Also Monday, the Broncos signed free agent safeties Shiloh Keo and Brandian Ross to one-year contracts. Also See: Rams-Titans: A good deal? NFL concussion ruling upheld Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..