headerimg

I got a couple of easy ones early

in Balance Discussion Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

Wimbledon, England (Sports Network) - Serena Williams will not be a repeat champion at Wimbledon after she was a stunning fourth-round loser against German Sabine Lisicki on Monday at The Championships. Leon Draisaitl Jersey . The 23rd-seeded Lisicki took down the world No. 1 superstar 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 on the famed Centre Court at the All England Club. Williams was riding a career-best 34-match winning streak, which included Wimbledon, U.S. Open and French Open titles. She also captured an Olympic gold medal here at the All England Club last year. The big-serving Lisicki is now 6-4 lifetime against top-10 women at Wimbledon. Lisicki overcame a 3-0 deficit in the third set to oust the five-time Wimbledon champion Williams, who is a 16-time Grand Slam singles titlist who had won three of the previous four Wimbledon championships. The 23-year-old Lisicki stunningly broke Williams for a 5-4 lead in the final set when the American great misfired long with a backhand. Serving for the match, Lisicki failed on a first match point when she sent a forehand long, but she got another shot at a match point when Williams netted a forehand return. Lisicki converted on that second match point with a forehand winner into a wide-open court, which marked her fifth break of Williams in the see-saw affair. The match ended in 2 hours, 4 minutes, as the German smacked 10 aces, compared to seven for Williams, as both players broke serve five times. "I didnt play the big points good enough," Williams said. "I didnt do what I do best. "I think Sabine played really well," Williams added. "Theres huge room for improvement for me." When asked is Lisicki was reading her serve well on Monday, Williams said: "Yeah, I felt like she was just on today." Lisicki is now 1-2 lifetime against the 31-year-old Williams. This was their first-ever meeting on the Germans favorite surface, grass. Williams topped Polands Agnieszka Radwanska in last years finale at the AEC. The Williams loss means that a member of the "Big Three" -- Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova -- will not win a major event for the first time since the 2011 U.S. Open. One of the three woman had won the last six Slams. Azarenka pulled out of her second-round match because of a knee injury last week, while Sharapova was shocked by Portugals Michelle Larcher de Brito in the second round on the same day as Azarenkas pull out. In other fourth-round action involving top-eight seeds, No. 6 Li Na of China whipped 11th-seeded Italian Roberta Vinci 6-2, 6-0 and No. 8 Czech Petra Kvitova handled 19th-seeded Spaniard Carla Suarez Navarro 7-6 (7-5), 6-3. Li was this years Australian Open runner-up to Azarenka and is a former French Open champ. The quality left-hander Kvitova captured her lone Grand Slam title here at the All England Club two years ago by beating Sharapova in the final. Also on Day 7, 20th-seeded Belgian Kirsten Flipkens bested Italian Flavia Pennetta 7-6 (7-2), 6-3 and capable Estonian Kaia Kanepi knocked out left- handed heavy British favorite Laura Robson 7-6 (8-6), 7-5. Flipkens will face Kvitova in the quarterfinals, while Kanepi will battle Lisicki in the round of eight. Eric Gryba Jersey . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Adam Larsson Jersey . James Harden wasnt worried and told his coach as much. "He was fired up but I told him: Its OK. Were going to be all right," Harden said. And they were. Houston scored 17 straight points after that timeout, led by 10 from Harden, to take the lead and roll to an easy 129-106 win. http://www.oilersauthority.com/authentic-ryan-nugent-hopkins-oilers-jersey/ . "I dont know where we would be without him," McClendon said. "Hes done a tremendous job for us and (Wednesday) was no different." Logan Morrison drove in two runs in Seattles big sixth inning, Young pitched seven strong innings and the Mariners beat the Houston Astros 5-2 to complete a three-game sweep.Dallas, TX (SportsNetwork.com) - Chandler Parsons scored a game-high 28 points on 11-of-14 shooting and the Dallas Mavericks dominated the Milwaukee Bucks, 125-102, on Sunday. The Mavs shot 58 percent from the field and made 12 3-pointers to bounce back from a home loss to the Suns on Friday. They have won six of seven overall. I got a couple of easy ones early and I think when that happens you gain confidence and it seems like you can throw a lot of things in there, Parsons said. Dirk Nowitzki chipped in 21 points and Monta Ellis, who beat the Bucks with a buzzer-beater last Wednesday, added 19 for the victors. All five Bucks starters scored in double figures, but Milwaukee turned the ball over 19 times and fell back to .500 (11-11) with its fourth loss in five games. Giannis Antetokounmpo led the way with 18 points while Zaza Pachulia contributed 14 with eight rebounds off the bench. Turnovers, second shots, we didnt play hard, Bucks coach Jason Kidd said. This is the first time we didnt play hard. Parsons scored seven points in a 1:19 span midway throough the first quarter to spark a 12-0 run that gave Dallas a 24-11 lead. Jesse Puljujarvi Jersey. The Mavs led the rest of the way, bringing a 32-21 advantage into the second quarter and a 59-49 cushion into the break. A pair of Ellis jumpers bookended a 10-3 surge and extended Dallas lead to 69-49 early in the third quarter. Milwaukee made headway with a run of its own and pulled within six, 71-65, following a Jabari Parker slam with 6:43 left in the third. It was still a six-point game before Parsons and Devin Harris hit back-to-back 3-pointers to open a 10-0 flurry that quelled the Bucks momentum. Ellis step-back jumper in the final minute sent the hosts ahead by a 90-71 count, and the Mavs led comfortably throughout the final frame. Game Notes Dallas has allowed 100-plus points in eight straight games ... Antetokounmpo turned 20 on Saturday ...Brandon Knight and Parker finished with 16 and 15 points, respectively, for Milwaukee ... The Mavs swept the home-and- home series for the second straight year. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..