headerimg

The Coors Field crowd acknowledged

in Balance Discussion Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

PARIS - Monaco remained on course for four trophies with a 2-0 defeat of fellow top-flight side Evian on Wednesday, while goals from Edinson Cavani and Javier Pastore gave Paris Saint-Germain a 2-1 win over Bordeaux in the French Cup. Brian Dawkins Jersey .There was no upset for the big clubs as Saint-Etienne wasted a two-goal lead but still advanced to the last 16 after overcoming second-tier Tours 5-3 in extra time.Lucas Ocampos and substitute Anthony Martial scored second-half goals as Monaco extended its unbeaten run to 11 matches in all competitions. Fifth in the league nine points behind leader Lyon, Leonardo Jardims side also remains in contention in the Champions League and the League Cup.Monaco dominated from the start and Ocampos put the hosts ahead in the 63rd before Martial made the most of a quick counterattack two minutes from time.Playing with pace, PSG rediscovered the form which swept the club to the French title last season in an entertaining first half. Cavani opened the scoring with a header from Lucas Dignes cross and Pastore coolly doubled the lead from the rebound after Ezequiel Lavezzis effort was parried by goalkeeper Cedric Carrasso.Bordeauxs Diego Rolan made the most of a lapse of concentration by the Parisians just after the interval to pull one back but the hosts held on despite finishing with 10 men following Zoumana Camaras sending off seven minutes from time.At Tours, Saint-Etienne withstood a late rally from the hosts before coming through in extra time with goals from Mevlut Erding and Kevin Monnet-Paquet after the home side had been reduced to 10 men.Saint-Etienne went behind early after Moustapha Bayal Salls own goal in the 10th minute before Monnet-Paquet levelled in the 64th minute.Ricky Van Wolfswinkel struck with a left-foot shot seven minutes later and Les Verts looked set for an easy win when he netted his second goal from Yohan Mollos assist to give his team a 3-1 lead in the 73rd minute.But Youssef Adnane, with a shot into the top corner, and Bryan Bergougnoux — who netted a Panenka-style penalty in the 80th minute — brought Tours back in the game.Tempers frayed during extra time and Tours striker Christian Kouakou was sent off for a second yellow card for dangerous play just two minutes before Erding headed home. Monnet-Paquet completed the win with two minutes left to play. Adam Jones Jersey . These teams will see plenty of each other in the next few weeks as three of the Canucks next nine games are against the Wild (after today they meet February 9th in Minnesota and again February 16th at Rogers Arena). Case Keenum Jersey . -- Among the 31 players at the Montreal Canadiens rookie camp, none feels closer to cracking the NHL roster than right winger Aaron Palushaj. http://www.cheapbroncosjerseysonline.com/?tag=zach-kerr-jersey-online . Toronto announced the deal with the restricted free agent on Saturday. The terms were not disclosed.DENVER -- Tyler Matzek was nervous and wild in his bullpen session before his first major league start. When he took the mound he was nearly unhittable. Matzek pitched two-hit ball for the first seven innings of his big league debut before faltering in the eighth, and the Colorado Rockies beat the Atlanta Braves 8-2 on Wednesday night. The left-hander retired the first 13 hitters and 21 of 23 before allowing three straight singles to start the eighth. His strong start to the game masked the jitters catcher Mike McKenry helped ease. "The first inning was really, really nervous," Matzek said. "Mac was calming me down, telling me it was the same thing as Triple-A, just go out there and play your game. I let it be a positive thing, not a negative thing. If I try to fight it, it turns into a negative thing so I was just embracing it." Matzek (1-0) allowed two runs on five hits and struck out seven in seven-plus innings. He also had his first hit and run scored. The Rockies had lost 11 of 12. He is the third Colorado pitcher in the last six days to make his debut and the first to get a win. "A masterful performance by Tyler. An explosive fastball and his slider looked like it disappeared," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "He had it all working. He commanded it. Very impressive." It was what the Rockies needed after they had lost 15 of 18. They broke out against Braves starter Julio Teheran, who had blanked them over six innings in Atlanta on May 25. Teheran (6-4) entered Wednesday with a 1.89 ERA, best in the majors, but Colorado scored three in the first on Drew Stubbs RBI double and Corey Dickersons two-run triple. Troy Tulowitzki and Justin Morneau had three hits each for Colorado. "It wasnt my day from the first inning," Teheran said. "I didnt have a problem with the grip and with my pitches. I think I got my good stuff. A couple bloopers that happened and they got me on a couple base hits." Matzek breezed through the first four innings on 39 pitches. Atlanta hit three balls hard, including a line drive by Teheran snared by Morneau to end the third. Morneau couuldnt come down with Justin Uptons single with one out in the fifth to give the Braves their first baserunner. Devontae Booker Jersey. . The Coors Field crowd acknowledged Matzeks early work with applause after Uptons hit. Chris Johnson followed with a single to right but Matzek retired the next two batters to get out of the inning. "He has good stuff, 94-95 mph fastball," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "The whole day youre talking to guys, Hey, this guy sprays it around a little bit. Be patient. Im not sure how many three-ball counts he got into, if any." Matzek didnt walk a batter and threw 71 pitches through seven innings before the Braves got to him. Johnson, Tommy La Stella and Andrelton Simmons singled to start the eight and make it 8-1.Franklin Morales came on and gave up a two-out RBI single to B.J. Upton before getting Freddie Freeman to fly out. Matzek received another ovation as he walked to the dugout when Weiss pulled him in the eighth. "It felt amazing. Great fans, great fan base," he said. The Rockies made it 4-0 in the third when Tulowitzki scored on a sacrifice fly by Stubbs. Josh Rutledge scored from third when Tulowitzki, who singled, was caught in a rundown between first and second in the fifth. Stubbs and Dickerson led off the sixth with consecutive doubles to give Colorado a 6-0 lead. Tulowitzki and Morneau had RBI singles in the seventh. Teheran allowed seven runs on 10 hits and struck out five in 6 1-3 innings. "I know it was a tough day for me. Im just glad that I was able to compete and get through six innings," Teheran said. NOTES: Atlanta C Evan Gattis singled in the eighth to extend his hitting streak to 12 games. ... Gonzalez was named one of the coaches for the NL at the All-Star Game in Minnesota next month. ... The Rockies optioned RHP Chad Bettis to Triple A to make room for Matzek. ... Justin Upton returned to the lineup after being removed in the first inning Tuesday because of a left hamstring injury. ... Atlanta will send Ervin Santana (5-2, 3.69) against Colorados Jhoulys Chacin (0-4, 5.35) on Thursday. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..