headerimg

[url=http://www.cheapnikenflauthent

in Stronghold Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:37 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

MILWAUKEE -- The off-season signing of free agent starter Bronson Arroyo is paying off for the Arizona Diamondbacks. Dallas Keuchel Jersey . The 15-year veteran has been mentoring young teammates since spring training. And after a rough patch on the mound in April, hes off to a splendid start himself in May. Arroyo kept the Milwaukee Brewers at bay with off-speed stuff, allowing an unearned run and five hits in 7 1-3 innings, to lead Arizona over the Milwaukee Brewers 3-2 Wednesday. Paul Goldschmidt hit a two-run homer for the second straight game for the Diamondbacks, who have won five of seven after starting the season 8-22. Arroyo (3-2) has been one of the sparks, going 2-0 with an 0.87 ERA in his last three starts. "Hes throwing the ball good. Hes been trending in this direction and in total command today," manager Kirk Gibson said. Wily Peralta (4-2) allowed 11 hits, tying his career high, and two runs in six innings. The right-hander had trouble all afternoon locating his pitches, including a fastball that can reach 96 mph. Arroyo doesnt throw nearly that hard, but he was even more effective against the free-swinging Brewers. "Its hard as a hitter to go up that way. You think you get a fastball and then you sit off-speed," manager Ron Roenicke said. "The more swingers you have in your lineup, the more youll have trouble with him." Arizona stranded 13 runners, including leaving men at third three times through the seventh. The right-handed Arroyo made up for Arizonas shortcomings at the plate with his outing on the mound. He made Jonathan Lucroy flail on an 86 mph sinker to start the seventh with a strikeout, and ended the inning by striking out Mark Reynolds on a slider. Its a far cry from a few weeks ago when Arroyo didnt make it out of the fifth and allowed a combined 18 hits and 14 runs in back-to-back outings against the Mets and Cubs. Hes backing up his encouraging words to teammates with solid starts again. "You try to do all the little things and field your position," Arroyo said in recounting talks to younger players. "All those types of things matter. Especially for a guy like me, Im not overpowering so I have to take everything I can." Addison Reed got his 10th save in 11 chances despite giving up a run in the ninth when Scooter Gennett doubled down the left-field line and scored two batters later on Lyle Overbays sacrifice fly. Reed struck out Reynolds swinging on a high fastball to end the game. The Brewers are now 2-6 after opening with a big league-best 20-7 record. With third-place hitter Ryan Braun out with an oblique injury and cleanup hitter Aramis Ramirez slumping badly, the offence has been choppy -- leaving less margin for error for a pitching staff off to a strong start overall. "I know the lineups not the same, but we still have enough guys in there that I think we should be scoring some runs," Roenicke said. "Well get it going, well figure it out." Arizona escaped a jam in the eighth after the Brewers put two on with one out. Pinch-hitter Rickie Weeks then lined a single off reliever Brad Ziegler that loaded the bases for Carlos Gomez -- who hit the next pitch sharply into an inning-ending 6-4-3 double play that elicited groans from hometown fans. Arizona is finding its way on the road. Goldschmidt hit an 0-1 pitch for his seventh homer of the year after Martin Prado led off the third with a single. "This whole road trip I think our bats are getting better. Were starting to drive the ball a little bit," Gibson said. "Were starting to get better." NOTES: Arroyo is among eight active pitchers to have appeared in a game at Milwaukees old home, County Stadium. Miller Park opened in 2001. ... 3B Ramirez got a day off. The veteran is hitting .089 (5 for 35) since April 17. ... Both teams get a day off Thursday. Brandon McCarthy (1-5) starts for the Diamondbacks on Friday when they open a three-game interleague series in Chicago against the White Sox. Brewers ace Yovani Gallardo (2-1) opens a three-game series against the visiting New York Yankees. Jose Altuve Jersey . - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to meet with Richie Incognito to determine if one of the central figures in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal can help their struggling offensive line. Jose Cruz Jr. Jersey . The Brad Jacobs team from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., advanced to Fridays championship game with a 10-6 win over Chinas Rui Liu in the semifinal. http://www.astrosteamproshop.com/Astros-Nolan-Ryan-Kids-Jersey/ . Tokarski, a somewhat controversial choice -- with his 10 games of NHL experience and all -- to replace an injured Carey Price in Game Two had a night to remember, turning back a Rangers team that was dominating play from the get-go, outshooting the Canadiens 14-4 in the first period and 37-25 overall.B.J. Penn has never been one to take a loss lightly. In recent years, the former UFC lightweight and welterweight champion has appeared determined to avenge previous defeats. First he evened the score with Jens Pulver, dominating the inaugural UFC lightweight titleholder en route to a submission victory in 2007. Less than two years later he attempted a similar feat against Georges St-Pierre, but suffered a late TKO loss after his corner threw in the towel. In 2010 he then snagged the rubber match with Matt Hughes, dispatching the UFC Hall of Fame inductee with a rapid-fire knockout. Though Penn has always made a point of returning the favour against fighters who have bested him in the past, he said he isnt necessarily obsessed with vengeance. "I dont know about fixated, but I believe everyone out there would want to have another shot at somebody who beat them," Penn told reporters on a recent media call. "I just think thats part of life. I just think thats human nature — bottom line." Penn now has his sight locked on the man who took his UFC lightweight championship when he once again locks horns with Frankie Edgar in the headliner of The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale in Las Vegas Sunday. The bout will also mark the Hawaiians first at featherweight. Penn admitted that while batting around ideas for his return to the Octagon, he lobbied UFC president Dana White for another crack at Edgar. As a result, the two were paired up as opposing coaches on the most recent season of TUF. "I talked to Dana and said (I wanted to) get back in and avenge a couple of my losses," Penn said. "Frankies name came up and everything got put together. "This is the first time I asked to fight Frankie. When I first had to fight Frankie, I was like, Really, Frankie, who is this? Let me check it out. Then Frankie comes out and proves himself. Frankie now is one of the best of all time in the UFC. Its definitely a fight Im looking forward to." Penn and Edgar originally met in the co-main event of UFC 112 on April 10, 2010. A sizable underdog going into the bout, Edgar pulled off a stunning upset to win the 155-pound title via unanimous decision. He then dominated Penn in the rematch to earned the judges nod four months later. Edgar admitted his second victory over Penn remains one of the most memorable of his career. "I think they were both rewarding in their own right," Edgar said. "I guess the second time was a little more reassuring just because everyone thought the first time was a fluke and I was able to get it done the second time. Maybe that one stuck out a little more for me." Though hes next on Penns hit list, Edgar can relate to the Hilo native. During his run as UFC lightweight champion he delivered a stunning knockout against Gray Maynard, who had previously handed him a decision loss in 2008. Edgar said he understands Penns motivations. "Yeah, absolutely, Ive been there before," Edgar said. "Its just competitive nature. Id think all fighters would want a chance at redemption." Though Edgar already holds two victories over Penn, hes hardly in a lose-lose situation. On top of the bout being yet another high-profile encounter against one of mixed martial arts trrue legends, he could also become the only fighter to go 3-0 against Penn. Mike Scott Jersey. However, Edgar admitted he was surprised when the opportunity came across his plate. "I was definitely not expecting B.J. to be the guy I was coaching against," Edgar said. "(Dana and I) were throwing around the idea of me coaching the show. I thought I was going to miss the opportunity just because we couldnt get someone. Then he threw out the name B.J. to me. Im pretty easy going and I just jumped at it." For Penn, not only does does a victory over Edgar allow him to earn a measure of retribution, it proves hes still relevant in the ever-evolving sport of MMA. Conversely, White recently stated a loss would result in a talk about retirement. Though there is a lot at stake for him, Penn said part of his decision to return is that he simply loves to compete. "This is what I do, this is what Ive done my whole life and this is all I know," Penn said. "It just comes down to having fun and doing what I love." ----- B.J. PENN TIMELINE UFC 31 (May 4, 2001): A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu standout, Penn makes his MMA debut, picking up a first-round TKO win over Joey Gilbert. UFC 35 (Jan. 11, 2002): Penn fails to capture the UFC lightweight title, losing a majority decision to Jens Pulver. UFC 41 (Feb. 28, 2003): Penn comes up short again in his bid for the 155-pound belt, going to a controversial split draw with Caol Uno. UFC 46 (Jan. 31, 2004): Penn shocks the MMA world by moving up to welterweight and dethroning champion Matt Hughes via first-round submission. He would later be stripped of the belt after signing with K-1. K-1: Heros 1 (March 26, 2005): Penn loses a hard-fought unanimous decision to future UFC light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida. The Hawaiian weighed in at 191 pounds, while Machida tipped the scales at 225 pounds. UFC 58 (March 4, 2006): Penn returns to the UFC, losing a close split decision to Georges St-Pierre. UFC 63 (Sept. 23, 2006): Then-welterweight champ Hughes evens the score, handing Penn his first TKO loss . TUF 5 Finale (June 23, 2007): Penn returns to lightweight and avenges a previous defeat to Pulver via second-round submission. UFC 80 (Jan. 19, 2008): Penn bloodies and submits Joe Stevenson to win the vacant UFC lightweight championship. UFC 84 (May 24, 2008): Penn dismantles heated rival and former 155-pound titleholder Sean Sherk. UFC 94 (Jan. 31, 2009): Penn fails to avenge his earlier loss to welterweight kingpin St. Pierre, suffering the second TKO defeat of his career. UFC 112 (April 10, 2010): Following three successful title defences, Penn loses his lightweight championship to underdog Frankie Edgar via close unanimous decision. UFC 118 (Aug. 28, 2010): Edgar dominates Penn en route to a unanimous decision to prove their first encounter wasnt a fluke. UFC 123 (Nov. 20, 2010): Penn returns to welterweight and scores a blistering knockout victory over Hughes to win the rubber match. UFC on FOX 5 (Dec. 8, 2012): Penn loses a one-sided unanimous decision to current top welterweight Rory MacDonald. Speculation the MMA legend may retire begins to swirl. TUF 19 Finale (July 6, 2014): Penn will make his featherweight debut and look for redemption against Edgar. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..