headerimg

Jalen Ramsey and Dante Fowler Jr. to return to the Jaguars on Monday

in General Discussion Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 am
by chenyan94 • Farseer | 293 Posts | 2930 Points

As many of you already know Authentic Keelan Cole Jersey , cornerback Jalen Ramsey and defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. were suspended on Sunday night for “violating team rules and conduct unbecoming of a Jaguars football player.” Although the Jaguars didn’t officially announce the length of the suspension, Ian Rapoport reported that it would last one week for both players. We can now confirm that to be true. Doug Marrone addressed the media this morning, and repeatedly said that Ramsey and Fowler will return to the team this coming Monday.Marrone was asked several times about what his thought process was for the decision, but he would not comment on the specifics of the situation and wanted to keep it as an internal. Fowler was involved in multiple scuffles during this past Sunday’s practice, including with tight end James O’Shaughnessy and fellow defensive end Yannick Ngakoue. A reporter asked Marrone specifically why Fowler was suspended and not Ngakoue, and if Fowler was the “aggressor” in the fight. “Again, I’m not gonna [SIC] comment on that, you know Womens Andrew Norwell Jersey , and I’m OK, I know that everyone has to ask it, but again, those decisions are internal, and team violations, and those are private.”It’s also worth noting that the Jaguars head coach does not expect any problems in the locker room between Fowler and Ngakoue, or any of the other players.Jalen Ramsey was suspended for going after the media. Marrone was also asked why Ramsey’s actions warranted the suspension: “Again, I think that I’m not gonna [SIC] go through my thought process or what goes into it Authentic Myles Jack Jersey ,” Marrone said. “I’ve spoken to the players, and (Ramsey and Fowler) will be back Monday.” Moral of the story: Marrone was very tight-lipped on how the team is handling the suspensions, and what — if any — communication there will be between the suspended players and the Jaguars, but both players will be back Monday.Not many surprises in Jaguars depth chart The Jacksonville Jaguars released the initial official 2018 depth chart on Tuesday, leading up to the practice for their Week 1 meeting with the New York Giants. As expected, the depth chart had very surprises on either side of the ball. I was planning on writing a piece on both sides of the ball with some thoughts on the depth chart and what it meant for certain players, but uh... they pretty much went chalk so there isn’t much to really break down.Here’s a few quick thoughts:OffenseIt’s still weird that the Jaguars kept only three tight ends and three running backs on the active 53, but I guess you could argue they’re floating one of each on the practice squad anyway. The running back chart is chalk Authentic Dede Westbrook Jersey , however it is interesting that James O’Shaughnessy got the nod over Niles Paul.DefenseOn the defensive line rookie first round pick Taven Bryan gets the nod as the first one off the bench over Dawuane Smoot. Not a huge surprise, but the bigger surprise is probably that Smoot made the roster considering how much time he missed. I’d guess he’s inactive most games. In the secondary I expected Ronnie Harrison to be the primary backup at both safety spots, but it seems they’ve split it between Harrison and Jarrod Wilson as strong and free, respectively.Special TeamsHere’s where the real “surprise” comes in, as Rashad Greene Sr. isn’t even listed as a returner. Jaydon Mickens won the punt return and likely 53-man roster spot outright, as evidenced by not playing in the final preseason game, but that also signals to me that Greene is potentially who ends up getting the axe when Dante Fowler Jr. returns after his Week 1 suspension.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..