headerimg

a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said.

in Balance Discussion Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:49 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

DENVER - Darcy Kuemper doesnt really want to be in net when the high-scoring Colorado Avalanche finally break out of their offensive funk. Drew Robinson Jersey .The Minnesota Wild goalie will gladly take his second straight shutout of the Avalanche and leave town, not having to face them again until February.Let some other goalie feel the wrath of a frustrated Colorado squad.Kuemper stopped 30 shots and Jason Zucker scored his first goal since January, helping the Wild beat the Avalanche 3-0 on Saturday night.That is a real good team, said Kuemper, who blanked Colorado 5-0 at home in the season opener on Thursday. But we stuck in there. We weathered a lot of their storms.Speaking of storms, fiery Colorado coach Patrick Roy didnt erupt over his inefficient offence, which has been bottled up by Kuemper through the first six periods of the season.Quite the opposite. Roy applauded the play of Gabriel Landeskog & Co., saying theyre on the verge of turning things around even though theyve been outshot 82-46 so far this season.Honestly, Im happy with our game, Roy said. Not with the result, but happy with the performance of our team. ... We can build on that game.Charlie Coyle added a goal and Zach Parise tapped in an empty-netter for the Wild.The Avalanche were one of the top scoring teams in the league last season, but havent been able to figure out Kuemper. He also shut out the Avalanche in Game 3 of their best-of-seven playoff series last season. The Wild advanced with an overtime win in the decisive game at the Pepsi Center.Could Kuemper be in their heads?He played a solid game. What more can you say? Landeskog said. Like any goalie, we have to make it tough on him.Zucker scored in the second period, his first goal since Jan. 16. He had surgery to fix a tendon in his quadriceps in March and missed the rest of the season.Semyon Varlamov made 31 saves for the Avalanche as their struggles in the preseason have carried over into the regular season.The Avs pulled Varlamov with 3 minutes remaining and when Matt Cooke drew an interference penalty with 2:33 left, they had a 6-on-4. Still, Colorado couldnt score.Parise guided in a goal into an empty net with 3.3 seconds left.Kuemper stopped everything shot in his vicinity. And even when he was out of position, the Avs couldnt capitalize, like when Tyson Barrie shot wide with Kuemper on the ground in the second period.The guys in front of me were unreal, Kuemper said. There was a little more work today, but our structure was there and they allowed me to read the plays well. Our structure keeps the play real predictable. It allows me to play with confidence.Down a goal heading into the second, the Avs tried to stir things up to get back into the game. Defenceman Erik Johnson went in for a hard check on Erik Haula and ended up delivering an elbow, sending Haula to the ice. Johnson was given a 5-minute major and a game misconduct for the hit.Asked if he thought Johnson might face punishment by the league, Roy said, Id be very surprised.Coyle thought he had his second goal of the game early in the second when he lifted a shot over Varlamov, who had Nino Niederreiter sprawled out on top of him. The goal was disallowed and the ruling upheld after a review.Soon after, Zucker lined a slap shot under the glove of Varlamov to give the Wild a two-goal cushion.Coyle got the Wild on the board before the capacity crowd even had time to settle into their seats when he redirected a shot past Varlamov.Roy has tried different line combinations, trying to find an offensive spark. But nothing has seemed to work against Kuemper.I take it a shot at a time and stay even keel, Kuemper said.NOTES: Minnesota had 2,500 fans show up to watch the game on the new screen at Xcel Energy Center. ... The Wild dont play again until Friday in Anaheim. ... The Wild are now 14-3-3 in their last 20 games in Denver. ... The only time Colorado was shut out last season was on March 21 against Boston. ... Colorado kicks off a four-game Eastern Conference road trip Monday in Boston. Cole Hamels Jersey . "Im very pleased to be able to add a quarterback with Adrians experience and skill set," Calgary head coach and general manager John Hufnagel said in a statement. Ivan Rodriguez Jersey . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. http://www.officialrangersgearshop.com/Customized/ . These teams will see plenty of each other in the next few weeks as three of the Canucks next nine games are against the Wild (after today they meet February 9th in Minnesota and again February 16th at Rogers Arena).Scotland U21 head coach Ricky Sbragia is hopeful three of his charges can quickly cement their places in the senior squad. Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney has become a regular at his club this season and the 18-year-old, capped at U19 level, has been included in Gordon Strachans squad for the home friendly against Denmark on March 29.Sbragia is preparing for the forthcoming European U21 Championship qualifying matches against France and Northern Ireland, but is happy to see Tierney, and Nottingham Forest midfielder Oliver Burke. earn their chance with Strachans side. We took Tierney to the Czech Republic with the U18s, he was involved in the two games, Sbragia said. Kieran Tierney is now established in the Celtic first-team He has, over the last three or four months, been thrown him into Celtics first team. He would have been with us, the 21s, but for me I would love him not to play at 21s. I would love him to keep continuing to play in the A squad.I think that is what its all about. We know the importance of results, I am not saying everything is always about development.But for Kieran, even Burkey - I watched him at Leeds three or four weeks ago and he did extremely well when he came on a substitute - what an opportunity to go and play at the top level of international football. Shin-Soo Choo Jersey. Scotland U21 captain John McGinn has also been drafted into the full squad for the Denmark match, but despite the importance of the game in France on March 24 - Scotland sit fourth in Group 3 with five points from four games - Sbragia did not consider requesting the Hibernian midfielder to bolster qualification chances. Hibs John McGinn has been a stand out in the Championship this season Sbragia said: People were saying, would you want him for France? No, I wouldnt want him for France. I wouldnt deny him that opportunity, to be fully fit to report for the A squad.I think it is fantastic with John, how he has performed for Hibs over the season and what a fantastic opportunity it is. I am delighted for him, he is a lovely lad. He really deserves it. He has worked so hard to be there. Also See: Scotland latest Scotland fixtures Scotland stats Table Live on Sky Cheap Baseball Braves Jerseys Cheap Baseball Marlins Jerseys Cheap Baseball Mets Jerseys Cheap Baseball Phillies Jerseys Cheap Baseball Nationals Jerseys Cheap Baseball Cubs Jerseys Cheap Baseball Reds Jerseys Cheap Baseball Brewers Jerseys Cheap Baseball Pirates Jerseys Cheap Baseball Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Baseball Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Baseball Rockies Jerseys Cheap Baseball Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Baseball Padres Jerseys Cheap Baseball Giants Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..