headerimg

give it to the counties

in Balance Discussion Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:05 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

Chapel Hill, NC (SportsNetwork. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys .com) - Justin Jackson scored 16 points with a full line and Brice Johnson posted a double-double as No. 15 North Carolina took care of Virginia Tech, 68-53, on Sunday. Johnson tallied 12 points and 11 rebounds and Jackson added seven boards and four assists for North Carolina (14-4, 4-1 ACC), which won comfortably after playing three straight nail biters. The Tar Heels went 2-1 during a stretch of one-possession finishes. Sometimes youve got to win ugly to have a really good year, UNC coach Roy Williams said. That was an ugly win. J.P. Tokoto added 10 points and three other Tar Heels chipped in eight apiece. Adam Smith paced the Hokies (8-9, 0-4) with 11 points, and Shane Henry scored 10 with nine rebounds. Virginia Tech was without leading scorer Justin Bibbs, who missed the game with a concussion. Virginia Tech stayed within striking distance early on, trailing just 19-16 following Jalen Hudsons 3 near the midpoint of the first half. But the Hokies went nearly seven minutes without a point after that as UNC created some distance. Dunks by Johnson, Tokoto and Isaiah Hicks kicked off an 11-0 run, which Jackson capped with five points. The Tar Heels led 34-21 at halftime and extended the lead to 17 points on back-to-back Johnson baskets with 11 1/2 minutes to play. Virginia Tech trailed by at least eight the rest of the way. Game Notes UNC outrebounded Virginia Tech, 49-22 ... Virginia Tech has lost five straight games ... Virginia Tech has lost 13 straight road games dating back to last season. David Ortiz Jersey . Stevenson scored the first three goals of the game in the first period for Regina (35-22-6), which has won eight of its last 10 games. Patrick DAmico added two for the Pats, Braden Christoffer had a single and Morgan Klimchuk chipped in a goal and four assists. Sandy Leon Jersey .com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies have finalized their agreed-upon trade that sends former National League MVP Jimmy Rollins to the West Coast for a pair of minor league pitching prospects. http://www.cheapredsoxjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-wade-boggs-jersey . Juventus announced details of the deal Saturday, saying that Morata signed a five-year contract with the club. The deal also includes an option for Madrid to buy Morata back for up to (euro)30 million ($40.Sports minister Tracey Crouch has warned the Football Association that it may face funding cuts if it does not reform. New governance codes are currently being discussed between the government and national governing bodies of sports in the United Kingdom, with new public funding rounds beginning next year.However, with the FA being accused of standing still on the issue of reform, Crouch has threatened to cut their funding, even suggesting it could be redistributed to county football associations who have accepted the need to make changes. Weve made it clear that all sports governing bodies have to reform their governance codes, Crouch told the BBC. Departed chairman Greg Dyke tried to push through reform during his tenure The FA is not excluded from that and, if they dont, they wont get public funding. Its as simple as that.I could not be more clear about how I want to see governing bodies perform. The FA gets between £30 - £40m of funding and that can go elsewhere. Sam: Euro 2016 can be positive Sam Allardyce wants his players to use Euro 2016 as motivation Crouch, a qualified FA coach, wants to see the grassroots level of football continue to be supported and could therefore look to give funding to county football associations instead.Im not shy to say to the FA if you dont reform your governance structures, I will give that money to other bodies that deliver football, she added. Former Football League chairman Greg Clarke has been nominated as the new chairman That can include county FAs if they have reformed governance structures at county level. Steve Pearce Jersey. I will take it away from the centre and give it to the counties - at the end of the day, public money goes to growing football.I think it is really important that public money goes into the grassroots of the game. I want to see continued investment in football but it has to be done in line with proper reforms at the top. Sam Allardyce was appointed the new England manager on Friday New public funding rounds begin in 2017 so I want to see progress happen very quickly - I appreciate reforming an entire structure is not going to happen overnight but if the direction of travel is in the right place then they may well continue to get their funding. Tracey Crouch says the FA could risk funding cuts if it does not reform If theres no move whatsoever, and at the moment we are seeing nothing from the FA in terms of progress, they are likely to lose some public money or it will go elsewhere in the delivery of football. Also See: Allardyce: I cant stop smiling Howe: Sam the right man Wenger coy on England link Table Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Yankees Jerseys Cheap Rays Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Athletics Jerseys Cheap Mariners Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..