headerimg

Clarke Stevo and Phil Clarke with Dave

in Balance Discussion Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:04 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

San Joses Joe Pavelski leads the Western Conference with 11 power-play goals, but he may not get a chance to add to that total against the disciplined Calgary Flames. Andrew Benintendi Jersey . Winners of two straight, the Flames will try to become the first team in 25 years to go three consecutive games without taking a penalty Saturday night in San Jose. After being short-handed once in a 6-5 loss to Florida last Friday, Calgary (23-18-3) didnt take a penalty in a 1-0 win in Vancouver the next night. It was the same story Thursday in Arizona, where the Flames again stayed out of the penalty box in a 4-3 victory. We cant give teams opportunities on the power play, especially on this road swing, said Calgary left wing Lance Bouma, who has five assists in the last three games. Were going to make sure were doing the right things and not taking stupid penalties. This is only the ninth time since 1989-90 a team has gone back-to-back games without taking a penalty, and no team in that span has done it in three consecutive contests. Not having to play a man down has made things easier for goaltender Joni Ortio, who may get a third consecutive start in goal given his recent success. Ortio appeared in nine games as a rookie in 2013-14, and stopped 36 shots for his first career shutout in his season debut against the Canucks. The 23-year-old made 27 saves against the Coyotes and appears to be Calgarys best option in goal. Karri Ramo is close to returning from injury but is 0-3-0 with a 4.06 goals-against average in his last four starts, while Jonas Hiller has a 4.16 GAA in losing all three starts this month. The Flames have lost seven of nine in San Jose, but won 2-0 on Nov. 26 in the seasons first matchup. The Sharks (24-16-5) won 3-2 in Calgary just over a week later on Patrick Marleaus tiebreaking goal in the third. Marleau went the next 16 games without a goal before scoring in Thursdays 3-1 win over Toronto, the opener of a season-high seven-game homestand. Its important to get (wins) anywhere, Sharks coach Todd McLellan said. But it has been a while since weve won (at home), and we know whats ahead of us, the stretch that were going to face. Antti Niemi stopped 24 shots for a seventh win in his last nine home starts. He has allowed two goals or less in four of his last five games and is 5-1-0 with a 1.67 GAA against Calgary since 2012-13. The Flames, whose five-game road swing leads into the All-Star break, are seeking their first four-game road winning streak since reeling off six in a row Feb. 12-March 5, 2009. Mikael Backlund scored in a fourth straight game Thursday, and the Flames added three more goals in the third period to seal the victory. The late scoring binge is nothing new for Calgary, which had 13 shots on goal in the third period after totaling 12 in the first two. The Flames have the NHLs best third-period goal differential, outscoring opponents 54-29. They have one of the leagues worst marks in both first-period and second-period goal differentials at minus-10 and minus-eight, respectively. Our conditioning has something do with it. Just the way we work and apply pressure all night long, Bouma said. We play the same way if were down or were up. We got to make sure we play that way if were going to have success. Mookie Betts Jersey . You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 690 in Montreal or on TSN.ca/Montreal. Also, TSN.ca features live streaming of the post-game news conferences from the Bell Centre. The Rangers grabbed a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference Final after Sundays 3-2 overtime victory against the visiting Habs. Ted Williams Jersey . JOHNS, N. http://www.cheapredsoxjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-wade-boggs-jersey . "Im proud of him," Jones said in an interview from Sacramento, site of the UFCs weekend televised card. "I think hes listening to his body and hes doing what makes him happy and thats what life is about ultimately.The 2016 Grand Final will mark the end of an era as Mike Stevo Stephenson will commentate on his final game after 26 years on the microphone. Stevos commentary with Eddie Hemmings has become an institution in its own right but all good things must come to an end and his retirement will leave a big hole.As a player, Stevo was part of the Great Britain team who won the World Cup in 1972 and played a key role in Dewsburys Championship triumph against the much-fancied Leeds in 1973. Stevo paved the way for the modern hooker - in fact, he changed the way the hooker plays with his darting runs from dummy half. After moving to Australia and playing for Penrith, Stevo retired from playing in 1978 and had no inclination to come back to England. However in 1990, he led a supporters group over for Australias tour, and Eddie convinced the newly formed British satellite television broadcaster BSB to give him a go as a commentator. Eddie Hemmings and Mike Stephenson at the 2016 Man of Steel awards As BSB evolved and finally became Sky Sports, Stevo followed and his six-week visit that started way back in 1990 ended up being a 26-year tour!A keen scholar of the game, Stevo started the Rugby League Heritage Centre which featured the history of the game and looked to preserve memorabilia, including rare jerseys, medals, caps and programmes. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. For many years the centre was housed in the basement of the George Hotel in Huddersfield - the same hotel where, back in 1895, 21 northern clubs voted to break away from the Rugby Football Union and form what became the Rugby Football League.Following the sale of the hotel back in 2013, the collection was in jeopardy but it seems fitting that in the year of his retirement, plans were announced for a national museum to showcase his collection. Stevo is calling time on his broadcasting career after 26 years Stevo may not have been everyones cup of tea but no one can deny the passion and love he had for the game and even in retirement he will continue to promote the game.I have done my stint and I wont miss television - its time for younger people to take over, said Stevo.I will never miss rugby league because I will still watch it and go to games. I dont want to be thought of as the guy who stayed too long - a lot of people probably think that anyway. Its time for me to move on.Working alongside Eddie has been a absolute treat and I have enjoyed every single minute - even the arguments. I could not have done it without him.Eddie Hemmings Eddie and Stevo dress up in clothes from 1907 to commemorate New Zealands first tour to England 26 years have flown by and it wont be the same without him. The game will carry on but it wont be the same.It has been a blast - can I cope without him? We shall wait and see but he will always be a pal.Brian CarneyIf any player retires, becomes a commentator and delivers a broadcast with more energy than Stevo Ill be amazed. To do what he does for as long as he has takes fortitude. The fortitude you would expect from a World Cup winner. On the day you are doing a game that is hard to watch andd harder to disguise for what it is, we will long for Stevo!!Terry OConnorHe is one of the greats. Eduardo Rodriguez Jersey. I think a lot of people have forgotten what he did on the field. As a player he was superb - Tim Sheens was a huge fan and says that he changed the way hookers played the game by running from dummy half.He always has time for everyone and is one of the nicest men I have ever met. He has been an absolute credit to the sport, a true gent and will be sorely missed.Barrie McDermottIm not looking forward to him going. He has been a huge mentor and a huge help for Terry and myself. We started at minus three and we have moved up to about zero - largely down to Stevo helping us out.With all his experience, it will be a huge loss to the game. In the not-too-distant future, I can see people saying that it is not the same without Stevo. Stevos colleagues from outside of Rugby League had some farewell messages for him Jon WellsThese are my ratings for Stevo:Value for money: 10/10 (goes without saying, really)Comfort: 8/10 (has become more comfortable with age)Amenities: 8/10 (used to have hair, now not so much)Location: 10/10 (ubiquitous for the last 25 years)He has spearheaded the development of televised rugby league in the UK for a quarter of a century along with Eddie Hemmings and Neville Smith and we owe them all a huge debt of gratitude for that.An amiable host who is perpetually full of joie de vivre, its never quiet when youre in his company. He is always on hand with advice and feedback, and willing to put himself out for the benefit of others. If I hear one more story about button mushrooms or gin and tonics at the Novotel, Ill explode. Prone to exaggeration (not necessarily a negative in this line of work).Phil Clarke Stevo and Phil Clarke with Dave Hadfield as he completes his Charity walk at Widnes Its B-Y-E time for Mike! Stevo has been the voice of Super League since its inception and has provided the commentary and controversy that all great sports need. His longevity in the sport, both on and off the field, has been remarkable and Id like to thank him for his efforts to promote and support the sport for so long.Professional rugby league is in the entertainment business and theres no doubt that Mike Stephenson has been entertaining. I would like to wish him well in his retirement, hopefully after hes seen his favourite one-pointer win the Grand Final.You can watch the Super League Grand Final, Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Sinfield: Stevo is Rugby League icon VOTE: Stevos top Super League player Rugby League on Sky Follow us @SkySportsRL Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Yankees Jerseys Cheap Rays Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Athletics Jerseys Cheap Mariners Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..