headerimg

finished with a 68. He had a 60 in the second r

in Balance Discussion Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:49 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

To say Mike OSheas head coaching career has started out pretty well might be a bit of an understatement — going 5-1 out of the gate with a Blue Bombers club that struggled severely last season, having numerous new faces both on the sidelines and on the field, and leaving the offence in the hands of a young quarterback who came to town with less than a handful of professional starts. Thomas Muller Jersey . And while quarterback Drew Willys heroics executing the two-minute drill in Winnipegs Week 3 and Week 6 come-from-behind road victories in Montreal and Hamilton are a big reason why the Blue Bombers sit atop the league standings, the rookie head coach continues to work to instil a single mentality in his team — if they continue to work to get better every week, they will. "Theres reasons why we have won the games weve won, and theres reasons why theyve been closer than we may have liked them to be," said OShea in his first media session since his teams 27-26 victory over Hamilton. "Theres reasons why weve lost a game, so I think its just all based on fact. Were not conjuring something up here. Were looking at the facts of why we are where we are, presenting those facts and showing them how we can be better, because its all about growth. Its all about getting better and improving every week. I mean, thats a pretty simple formula — harder to execute, obviously — but a simple mindset from the coaching staff that were going to improve every week." "Its been easier to coach and correct the mistakes after wins, so its been good that way so far for us. But its never 5-1 or skin-of-your-teeth. Its not that. Its always that, whatever that is — a consistent approach from the coaching staff. Continuing to inspect the things that are important to us, that allow us to win." Win or lose, OShea is approaching his teams preparation every week in the same way regardless of the results in the rear view mirror. "I think the coaching staff is doing what it needs to do to ensure we are consistent through our preparation," he said. "Weve all agreed to coach (the players) hard, as people say, because I believe thats what they would want. Thats what they need. I think players still crave a certain amount of discipline. So if we can help them win more games by keeping that same sort of coaching style I think theyll appreciate it and theyll respond to it. So I think the way were going, the way weve gone so far and what weve done, from a coaching perspective, is the way well keep on going." But the early success begs the question; how good can the 2014 Winnipeg Blue Bombers be? "We want to play our best football right now, but hopefully our best right now pales in comparison to what our best will be at the end of the season," added OShea when asked about his team reaching a pinnacle come late-season. "But its not by design — were not thinking way in the future that we want to play our best football there. Were talking about playing our best football this week. And coaching them; correcting the mistakes along the way so that our best football is better week-in and week-out." "I think we still have a lot of room for growth, but to be where were at now I think its good so far, but theres still a lot of room to go." NOTES: Starting right guard Patrick Neufeld suffered a leg injury in the first quarter in Hamilton and was listed as doubtful to return to the game. OShea says theyll see how things shape up by the end of the week, but believes Neufelds chances of starting Thursday night are "promising" ... After missing last week with a foot injury, slotback Nick Moore remains day-to-day and will be re-assessed later in the week ... Fellow slotback Cory Watson, who has been out of the lineup since Week 1 with a hamstring injury, should begin practicing again this week but his imminent playing status remains far from certain ... Zach Anderson is also being monitored for an undisclosed injury suffered Thursday night. Cheap Bayern Munich Jersey . -- Phil Mickelson came to the St. Juan Bernat Jersey .com) - Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeVeon Bell, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Elvis Dumervil and New England Patriots punter Ryan Allen were selected as the AFCs top players for Week 14 of the NFL season. http://www.fcmunichpro.com/Kids-James-Rodriguez-Jersey/ . Kelli Stack and Alex Carpenter also scored for the Americans, who avoided a repeat of Finlands upset at the Four Nations Cup in Lake Placid, N.Y., in November. Finnish goalie Noora Raty made 58 saves in that one, but the three-time Olympian could stop just 40 of 43 U.HAYWARD, Calif. -- Tony Finau won the Stonebrae Classic on Sunday for his first Web.com Tour title, closing with a 4-under 66 for a three-stroke victory. Finau, the 24-year-old Salt Lake City player who turned pro at 17, had a tournament-record 22-under 258 total at TPC Stonebrae and earned $108,000 to jump from 24th to eighth on the money list with $238,125. The top 25 after the final four regular-season events will earn 2014-15 PGA Tour cards. "Im overwhelmed," the long-hitting Finau said. ""I got a little bit of goosebumps walking up the 18th fairway just thinking about how far Ive come the past few years. ... It definitely wasnt easy coming down the stretch but I had a lot of fun. I was proud of how I stayed in the moment. I kept telling myself that the most important shot is the next one." Zack Sucher, the Midwest Classic winner last week in Kansas, had a 66 to tie for second with Fabian Gomez and Daniel Berger. Manuel Neuer Jersey. Gomez, from Argentina, finished with a 68. He had a 60 in the second round. Berger also closed with a 68. Finaus biggest challenge came at the 315-yard 14th, easily reachable for player who averaged 329 yards off the tee. But using driver, he yanked his shot into a tree at the end of the teeing ground. "It didnt go 20 yards," Finau said. "The ball wound up in some big weeds, but I could get a club on the next one." He popped a 6-iron down the fairway, hit a wedge from 90 yards to 7 feet and made the par putt. "That was huge," Finau said. "Theres no telling what could have gone through my mind if I had messed up that hole." Cheap Hockey Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Hockey Stars Jerseys Cheap Hockey Wild Jerseys Cheap Hockey Predators Jerseys Cheap Hockey Blues Jerseys Cheap Hockey Jets Jerseys Cheap Hockey Ducks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Hockey Flames Jerseys Cheap Hockey Oilers Jerseys Cheap Hockey Kings Jerseys Cheap Hockey Sharks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Canucks Jerseys Cheap Hockey Golden Knights Jerseys Hockey Team Canada Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..