headerimg

MMA organization to help populate

in Balance Discussion Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Spencer Long Jets Jersey . - Gary Kubiak is John Elways No. 2 again.The Denver Broncos general manager and executive vice-president was hashing out a four-year contract with his former backup QB to become the teams head coach, a person with knowledge of the negotiations told The Associated Press on Sunday night.The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the agreement wasnt expected to be announced until Monday with an introductory news conference Tuesday.Kubiak replaces John Fox, who was ousted last Monday following Denvers stunning playoff loss to home to Indianapolis. Elway complained that Foxs teams didnt show enough fire in big games. Fox was hired as the Chicago Bears new coach on Friday.Elway and team president and CEO Joe Ellis met with Kubiak in Houston for several hours Sunday.Kubiak was Elways backup from 1983-91 and Denvers offensive co-ordinator from 1995-2005 under Mike Shanahan. He helped build the blueprint for the back-to-back Super Bowls the Broncos won that capped Elways Hall of Fame playing career.Hall of Fame finalist and NFL Network analyst Terrell Davis, Elways co-pilot on those title runs in 1997 and 98, said: Oh, man, if its Kubiak, that would be great. Id love to see him back in Denver. John Elway said at the podium the other day that he knew what it took to win a championship. Well, who else was there when he won a championship? Kubiak.Kubiak, who was the Ravens offensive co-ordinator this past season, went 63-66, counting the playoffs, as head coach of the Texans from 2006-13. He had a health scare during that last season in Houston and was fired by the Texans with three games left.Although Kubiak, 53, gets a second chance in Denver, his comeback actually began in Baltimore last season.Under Kubiak, the Ravens improved from 30th in the league in rushing to eighth and Joe Flaccos sacks dropped from 48 to 19. Kubiak bypassed chances to interview for the head coaching vacancies with the Bears and the Jets, saying he was happy in Baltimore.That was before his dream job opened up last Monday.Pro Bowl cornerback Chris Harris Jr., told the AP Sunday night that he didnt know much about Kubiaks deep history in Denver.I just know he was the offensive co-ordinator for the Ravens last year and he did a great job, Harris said. Im excited to meet him and get the season rolling.From all Im hearing, hell be a great hire, Harris added. I know hes getting a lot of talent here and were ready to get rolling together.Kubiak will be the 15th head coach in Broncos history, and talks between him and Elway surely included discussions about Kubiaks health. Kubiak collapsed at halftime of a Texans game in 2013 but quickly returned to the sideline.Elway interviewed two other candidates: Broncos offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase and Bengals defensive backs coach Vance Joseph. Two others, former Bills head coach Doug Marrone and Lions defensive co-ordinator Teryl Austin, withdrew their names as it became clear that Kubiak was the heavy favourite.Kubiak takes over a team that may or may not have Peyton Manning under centre in 2015. The five-time MVP is mulling his future after a promising season turned sour down the stretch and ended unexpectedly with a 24-13 loss to his former team in the AFC divisional round.Elway asked Manning not to make a rash decision and said he wont need an answer for a few weeks. Manning, who turns 39 in March, is due $19 million each of the next two seasons.If he decides to retire, the Broncos would give a long look to Brock Osweiler, whom Elway drafted in the second round in 2012 and who has served a three-year apprenticeship under Manning.Manning pulled out of next weeks Pro Bowl because a strained right thigh hasnt gotten much better since his season ended. He was one of the Broncos league-high 10 Pro Bowlers, only two of whom are pending free agents — Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas — and Elway said re-signing them were his top priorities once he found a new coach.Kubiak is expected to bring Ravens quarterbacks coach Rick Dennison with him back to Denver. Dennison has served as an assistant with Kubiak in Denver, Houston and Baltimore. Joseph, who was Kubiaks secondary coach in Houston, could emerge as Denvers new defensive co-ordinator, too.Among assistants who could stay in Denver include running backs coach Eric Studesville, quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp and strength & conditioning coach Luke Richesson.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Sam Darnold Jets Jersey . The (35-35-10) Jets have 80 points and are also playing .500 hockey on home ice this season with a 17-17-6 record. Michael Hutchinson will start his second straight game in goal. Isaiah Crowell Jersey . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. http://www.jetsrookiestore.com/Jets-Chris-Herndon-Jersey/ .Y. - Sven Andrighetto scored once and set up two more as the Hamilton Bulldogs hung on to defeat the host Adirondack Flames 5-3 on Tuesday in American Hockey League action.Perhaps no one is happier that the UFC is introducing a 115-pound strawweight division for women than bantamweight champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey. Rousey (9-0) is the undisputed queen of 135-pounders, with three successful UFC title defences already. Eight of her nine wins have come in the first round, lasting a combined 13 minutes 34 seconds. Next up for the Olympic judo bronze medallist is Canadian Alexis Davis (16-5) at UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Vegas. Rousey has plenty of respect for Davis, a native of Port Colborne, Ont., who trains out of San Diego and is ranked No. 2 among UFC bantamweight contenders. But Rousey is also keenly aware of the need for competition to keep her division interesting. "Its no fun having just one person crushing everyone," she told The Canadian Press in a recent interview. "I really do feel my fights are still exciting. They can be one-sided, people still enjoy watching them." The addition of the 115-pound division means "not all of womens MMA is dependent on how my division is doing," she added. "There was a while that (former middleweight champion) Anderson Silva was just crushing everyone. No one was crying about how that division was doing because there were so many other divisions going on that were ultra-competitive at the time." Rousey believes the 115-pound division is thick with talent, will be ultra-competitive and that it will take a while before one champion takes charge. "Maybe by the time that happens, Ill already be moved on with my life and going on to the next chapter and then the womens bantamweight division will be the competitive one again," said the 27-year-old champion. "I really feel like the two (divisions) could really help each other out a lot. "And its not good to have champions being turned over all the time either, and not to have anyone to be dominant at all. So you really just have to find that balance. And I think that having two divisions in different states is a way that we can find that balance. " The UFC turnedd to the Invicta FC womens MMA organization to help populate the strawweight division with Invicta assigning 11 contracts to the UFC. Avery Williamson Jersey. . Those fighters, plus five others, will report to Las Vegas in May to take part in Season 20 of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality TV show. The winner will be crowned the inaugural UFC womens strawweight champion. Rousey has branched off into movie work recently but says she has no time frame for moving on from MMA. "Me and my coach talked about this and we agreed that the day that I dont feel like training anymore is that is the day Im going to quit," she said. "If I dont want to come to the gym and train, then I dont deserve to be, dont belong in the ring fighting any more." There is no fear of that happening imminently. "I still park my car and literally jog from the parking lot into the gym because I cant wait to get in there. As soon as Im dragging ass into the gym, then Im going to quit," she added with a laugh. Last time out, Rousey crumpled Sara McMann -- an Olympic wrestling silver medallist -- with a nasty knee to the body for a 66-second TKO at UFC 170 in February. Two months earlier at UFC 168, she stopped Miesha (Cupcake) Tate 58 seconds into the third round in a rematch of the two rivals. It marked her eighth straight win by armbar. Rousey took some time off after the McMann fight, spending a few days in Big Bear, Calif., and Costa Rica. But she likes to keep busy. "I dont do that well doing nothing," she said. "After the (2008) Olympics, I took a year just to do nothing and bartend and drink and party and it didnt make me happy. So I really dont revert back to then when I have free time. I usually end up back in the gym just the same, except for Im probably am a little bit less laser-focused and more focused on helping other people and just being in there." "I guess that just comes with having a job that you love," she added. "That even when you can take time off, you dont want to leave it." Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Flames Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..