headerimg

olesalewinnipegjetsjer

in Stronghold Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:13 am
by zhanjiao1212 • Farseer | 645 Posts | 6450 Points

SOCHI, Russia -- Jonathan Toews pushed Matt Duchene into the centre of the ice as Team Canada started to stretch before practice. Stitched Duke Jerseys . After sitting out as the 14th forward against Latvia, Duchene is back in the game following an injury to John Tavares. Duchene will replace Tavares in Canadas lineup for the Olympic semifinal showdown with the United States on Friday after the star centre suffered a tournament-ending knee injury. Its also a season-ending injury, as the New York Islanders confirmed their franchise player tore the medial collateral ligament and meniscus in his left knee on a hit from Latvias Arturs Kulda. The team said he would remain in Sochi with Team Canada for the rest of the Olympics before returning home for further evaluation. In the meantime, Canada must go on without him, and that means Duchene stepping into his spot centring the fourth line between Patrick Sharp and Rick Nash. "Johnnys been playing great for us, and hopefully he has a speedy recovery," Duchene said. "But its a big opportunity for myself now, chance to play centre, to play where Im comfortable. Theres been a lot of unfamiliars in this tournament, and when you get a short chance at it, sometimes can be tough, so this is going to be much more familiar." This is where Canadas best-in-the-world depth at centre provides a big advantage. Duchene goes from being a healthy scratch in two of the first four games and playing left wing in the other two back to the middle where he plays for the Colorado Avalanche. Duchene called speed his biggest asset, and its undoubtedly one reason coach Mike Babcock plugged him in where Tavares had been playing. "Thats why were set up (with so many centres)," Babcock said. "Duchys a real good centreman with great speed, so were not concerned about him that way." Another reason might be that it meant not having to mess with the other three lines. Again in practice Thursday, Sidney Crosby centred Chris Kunitz and Patrice Bergeron, Ryan Getzlaf centred Jamie Benn and Corey Perry, and Toews centred Patrick Marleau and Jeff Carter. If those lines stay together against the U.S., aside from Tavares out because of injury, itll mark the first time Canada had consistent lines two games in a row. Thats not any accident. "We like what we got going," Babcock said. "Were trying to build a team here, too. Were trying to make everybody important. We knew there was going to be some lineup changes." In some places, there are no changes. Carey Price will start in goal for the third straight game and fourth time at these Olympics, and the same defensive pairs of Duncan Keith with Shea Weber, Marc-Edouard Vlasic with Drew Doughty and Jay Bouwmeester with Alex Pietrangelo are expected to stick together. Given that the forwards have scored only six of Canadas 13 goals through four games, there might be some benefits to building chemistry from game to game. "That can add a little bit of comfort going into the next game if youre playing with the same guys and you kind of get that rhythm together," Getzlaf said. "But ... that can change with the drop of the puck, so youve just got to be prepared for everything and be prepared to go out and work that system no matter who youre playing with." Kunitz took Tavares spot on the power play with Crosby, Carter, Sharp and Keith. The other unit of Toews, Getzlaf, Perry, Weber and Doughty remained the same. Trevon Duval College Jersey . With Bernard hurt, the second-round pick has emerged.Hill ran for 152 yards during a 27-10 win at New Orleans on Sunday, his second big game. He also ran for 154 yards against Jacksonville earlier this season. R. J. Barrett College Jersey . - Tiger Woods only made it through 10 holes Thursday — this time because of the weather, not his back. http://www.cheapdukebluedevilsjerseys.com/ .com) - It appears both the Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls will reach the playoffs, but the two squads are coming off losing efforts.PITTSFORD, N.Y. - Brittany Lincicome beamed. She had fought off the jitters while leading an LPGA Tour major and it felt oh-so-good. Lincicome, who hadnt held a second-round lead since 2009 and never in a major, shot a 1-under 71 on Saturday at the LPGA Championship to finish the third round at 10-under 206. That was one shot better than Suzann Pettersen (67) of Norway and defending champion Inbee Park (69) of South Korea as the fourth major championship of the season heads to the final round. "Nervous is probably an understatement. My stomach was in knots," Lincicome said. "When it came time to eat lunch, it just wasnt happening because I havent been in this position in a while. Hopefully, going into tomorrow its out of my system." Mirim Lee of South Korea was alone in fourth at 7 under after a 69, while 17-year-old Lydia Ko (71) of New Zealand was another shot back along with South Koreas Meena Lee (71) and Gerina Piller (69). The long-hitting Lincicome began the day at Monroe Golf Club with a three-shot advantage over Park and Lexi Thompson, who finished with a 74 and was at 4 under. Lincicome won the 2009 Kraft Nabisco for her lone major title and has five LPGA Tour victories. The United States is seeking to win its fourth straight major. Lincicome is 11 under on the generous par-5s at Monroe Golf Club, a distinct advantage over most of her challengers and surely the reason Park wasnt looking down from the top of the leaderboard. "I hate talking about it. I feel like Im going to jinx myself," Lincicome said. "If I can hit it on the fairway, get it on the green and two-putt, its stress-free. I feel like my tempo the last couple of days has been really, really good. Were going to be more aggressive (Sunday)." Lincicome birdied all four par 5s on the opening round and added two more to go with an eagle on Friday. "This golf course is not exactly for short hitters," said Park, who won three majors last year. "She was probably 50 yards ahead of me. I havent really played that well on the par-5s. I only made one tooday, none the first day. Kyrie Irving College Jersey. Thats a big difference. If I had made a couple Id be up. It feels like a little bit of a disadvantage. Its an easy birdie for her." Pettersen has five top-5s in her last eight majors, including a victory last year in the Evian Championship, and she continued her solid play when it matters most, reeling off four birdies on the back nine. "I seem to like the back nine. I like what I see," Pettersen said. "I managed to make a move. Its nice to make a charge. I actually could have had a couple more." Pettersen birdied Nos. 10 and 11 and had a chance to forge a tie at the par-5 14th hole, but her eagle try slid just past the cup and she settled for a birdie that moved her into a tie with Park at 8 under. Moments later, Lincicome recovered from an errant second shot that landed in the rough on the par-5 12th hole, pitching to 5 feet and making birdie to regain a two-shot lead. Pettersen continued her rush, nearly holing a fairway shot at No. 15 and reached 9 under with a tap-in birdie. When Lincicome lipped her par putt at No. 13, the two were tied at 9 under. Lincicome regained the lead with a birdie at the par-5 14th hole and nearly made it a two-shot advantage, but her long birdie try at No. 15 stopped at the lip. The closing three holes at Monroe rank among the four most difficult on the course and Pettersen parred all three to keep the pressure on. Lincicome saved par at the par-3 16th hole after driving a fairway bunker. Her tough 12-foot par putt broke ever-so-slightly right to left and barely dropped in, eliciting a big smile from the American, who parred the final two holes to maintain her slim lead. Lincicome got some breathing room early when Thompson started badly. Thompson had a three-putt bogey at the opening hole, lipping out a short putt for par, and followed with another bogey at No. 2 to drop five shots behind. A gusting 25 mph wind strafed the course all day Friday, sending leaves and bits of bark onto some greens. There was only a slight breeze with a light rain on Saturday. Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Wholesale Flames Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..