headerimg

Third-place City has a game in hand

in Balance Discussion Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:14 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

PHOENIX -- Cornerback Patrick Peterson says he has reached agreement on a five-year, $70 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals, with $48 million guaranteed. Charlie Blackmon Jersey . Peterson revealed the terms via twitter Tuesday night. The Cardinals announced the deal a short time later, but did not disclose the terms. The agreement keeps Peterson under contract with Arizona through 2020. Peterson has made the Pro Bowl in each of his three seasons in the NFL, first as a kick returner then the last two years at cornerback, after Arizona made him the No. 5 pick overall out of LSU in 2011. He had two years left on his original contract after Arizona had picked up its fifth-year option earlier this year. The personable, self-proclaimed best cornerback in the NFL probably wanted the world to know his deal exceeded those of cornerbacks Joe Haden of Cleveland and Richard Sherman of Seattle. Haden signed a five-year, $68 million contract with $45 million guaranteed and Sherman got a four-year, $56 million deal with $40 million guaranteed. Peterson is the first to reach agreement in the initial class of the players subjected to a fifth-year option on their contract. Under the latest collective bargaining agreement, players picked 1 through 10 have a fifth-year option on their contracts that clubs can exercise. That group includes Cam Newton and J.J. Watt. In fact, Peterson is the first of any 2011 first-round pick to reach an agreement on an extension. A news conference with Peterson was scheduled for Wednesday morning. "Want to thank my family, friends and teammates, all of .P2Nation and the best agent in the biz," Peterson said in another tweet. Peterson has jousted with Sherman over who is the best cornerback in the NFL. Peterson laid his claim to the fact he plays all over the field, defending the opponents best receiver. Sherman plays on one side. Both were first-team All-Pro selections last season. Peterson and Mike Woodson are the only players to make the Pro Bowl as a kick returner and cornerback. Peterson is one of seven players to make three Pro Bowls before his 24th birthday -- which he celebrated July 11. He has started all 48 games since coming to the NFL. In those three seasons, he had 12 interceptions, 162 tackles, a sack, 60 passes defenced and a fumble recovery. Peterson returned four punts for touchdowns as a rookie, including a 99-yarder to beat St. Louis in overtime, but has not had any since. He said he has been told he wont return punts or play on offence, as he did some last year, and will concentrate only on playing cornerback. "I think thats just going to take my game to another level now," he said at his locker on Monday , "because now I dont have to focus on the punt return, try to remember the offensive plays, or things like that. I can just hone in on playing defensive back and being the best player that I can be." Tyler Anderson Jersey . American Lindsey Jacobellis was third, while Japans Yuka Fujimori finished just off the podium. Maltais, from Petite-Riviere-St-Francois, Que., earned bronze at the 2006 Olympic Games and is set to return to the Games this February in Sochi, Russia. Custom Colorado Rockies Jerseys . Samir Nasris 88th-minute equalizer at Etihad Stadium will be of little consolation to City, which is now six points behind league leader Liverpool and four points behind second-place Chelsea. Third-place City has a game in hand but the surprise result against Sunderland, coupled with Sundays 3-2 loss at Liverpool, may be a setback too far in its bid for a second championship in three seasons. http://www.rockiesgearproshop.com/Rockies-Gerardo-Parra-Kids-Jersey/ . The 26-year-old slider from Calgary posted a time of 50.464 seconds, 0.573 seconds back of leader Natalie Geisenberger. The German led the overall World Cup womens standings this season and continued her dominance by putting down a track record time of 49. PHILADELPHIA -- Nikolaj Ehlers is a two-sport star who credits his time on the soccer pitch with helping his game on the ice. Ehlers, who played for Denmarks national team until he was 14 before concentrating on hockey, was selected by the Winnipeg Jets with the ninth overall pick in the NHL draft on Friday night. The five-foot-10, 176-pounder was fourth in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with 104 points (49-55) in 63 games with the Halifax Mooseheads this past season. He feels that his soccer skills have helped him develop more speed on the ice, one of the key elements of his game. "I think Im a fast forward," he said. "I think I have a lot of speed I can use on the wing. I like to set up some nice plays and I like to score some goals." Ehlers was the first player from the QMJHL to be selected in the 2014 draft. The 18-year-old took the leagues rookie of the year and offensive rookie of the year honours. Ehlers also had 28 points (11-17) in 16 post-season games for the Mooseheads. "I found myself becoming more of a fan when I watched him play," said Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff. "Any time he got the puck, you felt like something was going to happen. "Hes not the biggest guy when it comes to sizze, but he plays with such good hockey sense that he knows when to take an opportunity to go, and not really put himself in harms way to try to make a play. Greg Holland Jersey. " Ehlers speed helps compensate for his relatively slight build. "He doesnt have a lot of weight on him so youre going to want him to continue to grow, but hes a pretty strong player," said Cheveldayoff. "The way he plays the game and the way he moves out there, he has some hidden strength that a lot of players maybe his size dont." Ehlers said he planned to hit the gym over the summer. "Obviously, Ive got to get a little bit bigger and stronger," he said. "I can use my speed to get out of the rough time on the ice, but Im not afraid to get hit or hit somebody." Cheveldayoff said the youngster is a well-rounded individual. "His hockey sense is right up there," he said. "And his characters not far behind. This is a player that every time we had an opportunity to meet with him, we didnt want the interview to end. Hes going to be an exciting player for a long time." Ehlers father, Heinz, was drafted 30 years ago by the New York Rangers (No. 188 overall). He spent his 16-season pro career in Europe. Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Flames Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..