headerimg

while Green Bay (8-7-1) qualified by winning the NFC North.

in Balance Discussion Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:13 am
by jinshuiqian0713 • Farseer | 1.260 Posts | 12600 Points

EASTBOURNE, England -- Victoria Azarenka was reasonably satisfied after losing her first match in more than three months, a three-setter in the first round of the Aegon Championships on Tuesday. Custom Chelsea Jersey . Azarenka, the former No. 1 recovered from a left foot injury, lost 4-6, 6-3, 7-5 to Camila Giorgi of Italy after 2 hours, 46 minutes. "Thats exactly what I wanted," Azarenka said. "I wanted to have a competitive match. I wanted to test myself, to play for a long time, see how my body is going to react. "Im pretty pleased with what happened. Obviously the result is the result, but thats a beginning. Its a starting point. There are a lot of positive things that I can take from what happened today." Third seed Jelena Jankovic of Serbia was also beaten, going down 6-3, 6-3 against American Madison Keys, and second seed Petra Kvitova also struggled before beating fellow Czech Lucie Safarova 6-1, 5-7, 7-6 (4), winning the last five points to claim victory on her third match point. Giorgi had previously demonstrated her grass-court skills by reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon as a qualifier in 2012, and she was a third-round finisher last year. Azarenka won the first set from 4-2 down. Giorgi took a 5-0 lead in the second, saving five break points at 4-0. In the final set, Giorgi failed to serve out the match at 5-4, but broke again at 6-5 when Azarenka netted a backhand, and closed out the match at her second opportunity. Despite her defeat, Azarenka believed she was almost ready to compete again at the highest level. "I was really happy that I was there for every single moment, for every single ball," she said. "I felt that my level of concentration was really high. I just have to get into that rhythm." In other matches, former champion Ekaterina Makarova defeated Italian qualifier Francesca Schiavone 7-5, 6-3, and seventh-seeded Italian Sara Errani was beaten 7-6 (5), 6-2 by American qualifier Lauren Davis. There were also wins for sixth seed Flavia Pennetta, Slovak Daniela Hantuchova, Britains Johanna Konta and American Varvara Lepchenko. In the ATP event, seventh seed Santiago Giraldo of Colombia was beaten 6-3, 6-7 (5), 6-3 by Jarkko Nieminen of Finland. Ethan Ampadu Jersey . - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational. Charly Musonda Jersey . A groundswell for raising the number of playoff qualifiers to seven in each conference figures to get plenty of support from the 32 owners. Most notably, Arizonas Bill Bidwill, who saw his Cardinals go 10-6 and not get in, while Green Bay (8-7-1) qualified by winning the NFC North. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/ . The 31-year-old Russian dominated the No. 3-ranked Ferrer throughout, breaking the defending champion and local favourite four times on the indoor hard court.PHOENIX - Broadway star Idina Menzel says Whitney Houstons rendition of the national anthem is her favourite version, but shes looking to make the song her own this Sunday.Menzel said singing the anthem before Super Bowl 49 is the culmination of a lifelong dream, one forged on Sundays watching football with her father.Its the pinnacle. Its the milestone in my career, Menzel, a Broadway star whos gained widespread popularity, said Thursday.But Menzel cautioned people not to just pay attention to the songs high notes, which have been a benchmark for singers since Houstons rousing version before Super Bowl 25.Houston radiated the spirit of the song, Menzel said. It was Whitney, she said of what made that rendition memorable. There was just something so beautiful that was coming from her that day.Menzel said she will sing the song live, so that her rendition captures what she is feeling at the moment.Its a beautiful melody, and I just want the humanity and the truth to come out, she said.Menzel, whos become a supersttar after singing and voice acting in the Disney film Frozen, said she doesnt expect to be more nervous about her upcoming performance than she is singing before a Broadway audience. Fikayo Tomori Jersey. I love to sing, I love to perform live, she said. I love to put myself out there and make myself vulnerable.She became famous for appearing in both the stage and film versions of Rent, and has since appeared in films and performed at last years Academy Awards.Menzel infused her press conference Thursday with details about her relationship with football.I grew up watching football every Sunday with my dad, she said. Despite that, she couldnt easily pick a favourite team.Im a daughter of a betting man and whoever covered the spread was who I was going to root for, Menzel joked.She knows shell be pulling for the Seattle Seahawks, though.Im rooting for Seattle because Im a New Yorker and I cannot in good faith root for the Patriots, she said.___Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Flames Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: selfstudys
Board Statistics
The forum has 6496 topics and 6555 posts.
Visitor record: 267 users on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:47 pm..